You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MortenTardo

Dear Bismarck and Tirpitz players (Ranked)

61 comments in this topic

Players
1,559 posts
13,419 battles

Dear Bismarck and Tirpitz players.

We can all agree that those ships are good brawlers and yes they look good when doing so. 

Now, I have a question for you: (This only goes for the speshul Bismarck and Tirpitz players out there) Do you ever look at the minimap? Do you ever look at the points or timer? 

Do you not read chat? 

It seems like its a plague going on where you give your team a big advantage and for some reason those players decide to YOLO into the enemy fleet and die, thus giving the enemy team the advantage. Sometimes even throwing games when all they had to do was not to push

I know other players do this for no reason, but in my experience most of them are Bismarck/Tirpitz players. 

I'm just wondering about the thought process behind that kind of play. Is there any? Or do they just want to make the boom-sticks go boomboom? 

Why not just play Random battles if that is what you want? 

Cheers :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,204 posts
14,454 battles
4 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Do you ever look at the minimap?

I think you know the answer to that one.

Which clearly means that the minimap gives skilled players too much of an advantage over average potatoes. To close the skill gap it should be removed. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 12

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts

But why would a Tirpitz driver look at the minimap? Didn't he just pay €60 so he could be lazy and let the AI secondaries do all the work?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[OSC]
Players
2,735 posts
10,307 battles

eh, if only those were just Tirpitz players...
But, today I witnessed something I couldn't believe myself...
2 Tirpitzes rushing each other, brawling it out, doing a driveby next to eachother, and both of them survived with more then half hp left...
They either didn't know they have torps, or they managed to miss all of them from 2km away...
AMAZING!

• Funny 7

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
28 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

But why would a Tirpitz driver look at the minimap? Didn't he just pay €60 so he could be lazy and let the AI secondaries do all the work?

That would imply that he is aware that secondary batteries exist..

• Cool 1

[YEEET]
Players
1,206 posts
11,644 battles
1 hour ago, cro_pwr said:

eh, if only those were just Tirpitz players...
But, today I witnessed something I couldn't believe myself...
2 Tirpitzes rushing each other, brawling it out, doing a driveby next to eachother, and both of them survived with more then half hp left...
They either didn't know they have torps, or they managed to miss all of them from 2km away...
AMAZING!

Maybe launched them too close!!:Smile_Default:

[L4GG]
Players
1,658 posts
6,503 battles
2 hours ago, cro_pwr said:

AMAZING!

Or both of them got their torpedoes knocked out

• Cool 1

Players
1,559 posts
13,419 battles
38 minutes ago, Sea_Tiger_1 said:

maybe they are bored of all t9/10 bb hiding behind islands while the rest of the team sink

There are no T9 or T10 ships in ranked. 

What you just said have nothing to do with this topic am i afraid. 

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,658 posts
6,503 battles
2 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

I'm just wondering about the thought process behind that kind of play. Is there any? Or do they just want to make the boom-sticks go boomboom? 

Why not just play Random battles if that is what you want? 

No, those ones are the better ones, believe me. At least right or wrong, they at least are trying.

campers or border lovers are worst. They leave all the tanking and brawling to the cruisers.

fun fact.

yesterday in co-op's MM, all BB but one or two, I was with my uber cruiser (gneise). In the Battle a guy got sunk and started to give hell to the rest of us. calling us noobs, retarded, etc, and proceeding that with OMG.

The guy  was about to have a heart attack and went after a Nagato because he was not brawling.

I tried to explain to him that Nagato it's not meant  for that and to let the Nagato guy alone doing his thing.

And he replied that battle was against bots and  damage was all that matter.

I went to see the MM again, he was driving a Bayern.

So I ask them

You got sunk because you rushed a BB with torps, didn't you?

No reply to that, but probably that was what happen to him (to the heart attack guy).

• Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Just had a Pink Bismarck last game go solo in a CV game...

Fortunately his idiocy actually helped as the enemy CV wasted time trying to sink him instead of bombing the relevant targets. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TTT]
Players
422 posts
9,405 battles

Other great thing is when your torpedo reload Kagero goes to B alone to "block" the cap.

PS: Today I asked the stock Hipper in game (rank 4) why is he playing that ship. Answer was he is grinding the Hindenburg. Similar happened to me with stock Monarch and Kiev as well.

One more ranked season (to get the Flint) and I am done with this cancerous game mode for ever.

Players
1,559 posts
13,419 battles
42 minutes ago, Exohoritis said:

Other great thing is when your torpedo reload Kagero goes to B alone to "block" the cap.

PS: Today I asked the stock Hipper in game (rank 4) why is he playing that ship. Answer was he is grinding the Hindenburg. Similar happened to me with stock Monarch and Kiev as well.

One more ranked season (to get the Flint) and I am done with this cancerous game mode for ever.

Haha. They should change the name to "Grind" or "Speshul". :Smile_teethhappy: As it really has nothing to do with "rank" or skill in other words. Good players will get to rank 1 faster, but every kevin can do it if they put in the time. 

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
5 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Do you ever look at the minimap?

I'm not quite sure I understand. What's a minimap? I, in my infinite Bismarck wisdom, head towards where the red ships are. No quarter given; all will be burned by secondary fire. Oh, and sometimes I also use my main guns, but it's annoying to have to click more than just target someone for secondaries.

• Funny 1

[KRAKN]
[KRAKN]
Players
33 posts
6,681 battles

well players in German BB trying always to screw the game. They go broadside every time and  sniping from distance like US BB

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
50 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

in my infinite Bismarck wisdom, head towards where the red ships are.

What red ships? Where are those? They are behind those islands far away, right? Ive tried to get there, but some magical force seems to block me. So im doing a search pattern to get around this ... invisible wall. Havent found an exit yet tho. And this game always interrupts me ffs! Says something like "Defeat". Well d´oh - how im i supposed to win if you stop me from reaching those islands far away...

19s9o3.jpg

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
120 posts
5,741 battles

I could add some more . Dear DD players - dont smoke up when just entered the cap and dont sit sideways on to enemy direction . Im seeing so much dds getting torped inside theyr own smoke or radared by some Chapa or NO  and rekt, without seeing anything. Other fail - Kagero trying to gunboat akizuki.... Harekze with torp reload booster getting permaspoted by cv.... Z-23 trying to gunboat Tirpitz while getting absolutely rekt by his seccondarys. 

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

What red ships? Where are those? They are behind those islands far away, right?

No, no. They're in front of you. Usually. When the game starts, hit 'W' a couple of times and wait until someone starts shooting at you. That's a red one. Unless it's pink, but either way, hit control, click it, and then just wait for your secondaries to finish the job. If it's pink you might have to click to fire your main guns, since your secondary gunners aren't real men, and therefore avoid pink.

• Funny 2

Players
1,559 posts
13,419 battles

Did this tread just turn into sarcasm central? :Smile_teethhappy:

I know most of you guys on the forums. Most of you are well above average players(The active once atleast:Smile_honoring:). But im talking about the...... what can i say..... Idiots? 

I Wanna hear from them. What the F.... they are thinking about when playing ranked.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Edit: Also. Love you longtime forumites. But i don't need ur opinion cuz its the same as mine :)

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
9 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Did this tread just turn into sarcasm central? :Smile_teethhappy:

What? nooooooo. I would never do this.

Edit: Also. Love you longtime forumites

<3

I Wanna hear from them. What the F.... they are thinking about when playing ranked.  :Smile_teethhappy:

They are still on their way over to the forum. Last rumor: A Tirpitz might have found an exit from the map on Northern Lights - if you actually reverse on A10 with a 45° angle exactly in the corner. He´s going ahead, the rest of "them" are waiting, while he explores.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,324 posts
12,378 battles

Live footage of me in my Tirpitz approaching an enemy battleship in ranked:

Spoiler

281c35553f7c357fccef1bb9cabcc5d2--toaste

I think most fellow Bismarck and Tirpitz players can relate. :Smile_trollface:

[L4GG]
Players
1,658 posts
6,503 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

Live footage of me in my Tirpitz approaching an enemy battleship in ranked:

Reveal hidden contents

281c35553f7c357fccef1bb9cabcc5d2--toaste

I think most fellow Bismarck and Tirpitz players can relate.

Came on, really, that's the best you can do? :Smile_amazed::Smile_teethhappy:

What about this?:Smile_izmena:

After all we are talking about Bismark, it deserves a bigger show.

Players
1,559 posts
13,419 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Came on, really, that's the best you can do? :Smile_amazed::Smile_teethhappy:

What about this?:Smile_izmena:

After all we are talking about Bismark, it deserves a bigger show.

giphy (8).gif

In a DD. Just saying!