You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aragathor

WG started banning people using mods from the forum (From Reddit)

110 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
Players
3,400 posts
12,064 battles

Just wanted to throw this in, as a warning.

The response of Radar_X, a WG employee, shows that they are effectively backtracking on the issue of using @Aslain modpack. If you are using mods from that modpack, mods which have been posted here on the forum, or even mods from the official modpack, you are at risk of getting your account permanently banned. 

And forget about customer service being helpful as the thread on reddit shows.

I'm scared since this is opposite to a functioning mod policy.

• Cool 1

Players
1,647 posts
6,701 battles

Good thing that I don't need any mods to be an "average player". :cap_haloween:

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PORT]
Modder
1,556 posts
11,424 battles

No need for scaremongering.

Everyone that was affected seems to either have used ReShade beside the mods - or wasn't using banned mods, but still kept these in the wows-folder.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,565 posts
8,265 battles

Having only a couple of people getting banned for using the most popular modpack available seems a bit suspicious to me, almost like it's not due to the modpack at all.

Since it's done by an automated system it should pick up everyone using the offending mod(s), right?

What's extra suspicious is that the same guy got banned twice. Makes you think that it might be due to something else.

• Cool 2

Players
961 posts
4,972 battles

Stuff like this is the reason I play vanilla. Only needs one file to trigger the ban system and you will be banned, considering how vac works and wgs track record. ....

• Cool 1

[FAD]
Players
86 posts

I believe that Wargaming sould post what mods are allowed clearly mentioning thease mods due to avoid account banning if they allow mods they should say exactly what mods are for use 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,191 posts
9,000 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

Just wanted to throw this in, as a warning.

The response of Radar_X, a WG employee, shows that they are effectively backtracking on the issue of using @Aslain modpack. If you are using mods from that modpack, mods which have been posted here on the forum, or even mods from the official modpack, you are at risk of getting your account permanently banned. 

And forget about customer service being helpful as the thread on reddit shows.

I'm scared since this is opposite to a functioning mod policy.

I posted this in Aslain's thread this morning.

The most likely explanation is that there were some residual DLLs leftovers from banned MODs (like ReShade etc.) that OP (on Reddit) used...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,052 posts
5,835 battles

It's a bit like saying "I was banned for wearing a red T-Shirt while playing the game" - the fact that they may have been using other mods/programs is, probably, the cause of the ban rather than them wearing a red T-Shirt.

Personally, I use Aslain's Modpack and I've not been banned (but I've not been wearing a red T-Shirt).

If someone was banned for just using the WG recommended modpack and only that modpack then WG would be at fault for supplying that modpack.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,675 posts
9,605 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

ReShade

23 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

ReShade

What does that one even do?

3 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Don't use mods and you don't get banned for using mods.

Not an option. The Game is to shitty to permanently use without mods.

How else I would get this cpt. icon: VDrjZSu.png - and then the real tard behind it to shut the hell up conveniently? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles

Why do you buy that stuff some random guy tells you? Ive heard this excuse oh-so-often "Oh its a mistake, ppl get banned using offical stuff - UNBAN ME". Ye right. What do you think he´ll say? "Hell yea, I used something illegal. I dont care. I wanna play. UNBAN ME".

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,285 posts
10,752 battles
39 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Don't use mods and you don't get banned for using mods.

This.

Just play vanilla.

• Cool 2

[WGB]
Players
2,084 posts
26,371 battles
7 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Just play vanilla.

I agree, Long Live Vanillarians, the safest way to play.

Some mods are useful to special needs players, illegal mods are useful for braindead players with no skills in the game as well as real life.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts

Meh not buying this. I've been using Aslain's for ages and never had a problem. IF there even is an issue with Aslain's here, all users should be detected, and I'm not.

I wish that guy all the best with his appeal, but I don't think WG is at fault here.

Doesn't take away the fact that a clear policy would prevent a lot of confusion (yes I know there was a statement lately about "all forum mods are safe". But a transcript with allowed mod names would be best)

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
51 minutes ago, havaduck said:

Not an option. The Game is to shitty to permanently use without mods.

How else I would get this cpt. icon: VDrjZSu.png - and then the real tard behind it to shut the hell up conveniently? :Smile_trollface:

Which mods do you consider so vital that the game is unplayable without them, I'm really curious about that?:cap_wander:

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,717 posts
9,234 battles
9 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Which mods do you consider so vital that the game is unplayable without them, I'm really curious about that?:cap_wander:

Well obviously that glorious captain icon, which I REALLY REALLY DESIRE GREATLY.

gibe Steven Seagull icon

VDrjZSu.png&key=d71a82932c5cde565e9f2f3c

• Funny 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
7 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

The "get rid of Steven Seagull voice" mod :Smile_trollface: 

On a serious note, I mainly use quality of life mods, such as historical flags, skins, better ships on carrousell (I also used Monstro markers to not waste radar/sonar, but that's illegal now), stuff like that. It's in no way mandatory, but it really helps me enjoy the game more.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

remove fog, extended tech tree (useful when i want to see some ships and dont need to go to wiki), anti glare (cause sometimes that sun really makes things hard to see and i dont want to regulate brightness per map basis), improved chat (cause i want to see what ship is talking, not search name), also changed loading and login screen (cause i didnt want movies in it). little things but they help overall...

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,194 posts
6,749 battles
1 hour ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

The mods which gives the historical look to Bismark and other german ships, also the historical German/Japanese flags.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
26 minutes ago, robihr said:

remove fog, extended tech tree (useful when i want to see some ships and dont need to go to wiki), anti glare (cause sometimes that sun really makes things hard to see and i dont want to regulate brightness per map basis), improved chat (cause i want to see what ship is talking, not search name), also changed loading and login screen (cause i didnt want movies in it). little things but they help overall...

Oh right, I also use that chat mod yeah. That's really one I cannot do without. I NEED the chat mod and team panels mod (using Panzerschiffer..... don't want too many information clutter up there, just ship icons that are identifyable :cap_look:)

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles
2 hours ago, havaduck said:

It lets you change how the game looks, from lens flares to colour balance, it's harmless

Unfortunately WG's mod detection system is garbage and can't tell the difference between a good and bad

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,100 posts
8,555 battles

Been using Aslains for more then a year now because the regular game just doesnt cut it for me, but i never had any issues with it. As far as i know, isnt Aslains like "pre approved" by WG or something? It would be nice if some WG staffer here on the forum could clear this up.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
16 minutes ago, collin_mats said:

Been using Aslains for more then a year now because the regular game just doesnt cut it for me, but i never had any issues with it. As far as i know, isnt Aslains like "pre approved" by WG or something? It would be nice if some WG staffer here on the forum could clear this up.

They have. According to this statement not so long ago, all mods from the mod section on the official forums are safe for use.

Both WG's own modpack and Aslain's are in there. IF there is something wrong with Aslain's, or the mod detection, all Aslain users should get warnings. As long as that's not happening, that reddit poster is either crying for attention, an idiot for not understanding what's going on, or a liar. Place your bets ladies and gentlemen :Smile_coin:

(my bet is option 2 :Smile_trollface: )

[-PDT-]
Players
359 posts
10,067 battles
4 hours ago, nti9 said:

I believe that Wargaming sould post what mods are allowed clearly mentioning thease mods due to avoid account banning if they allow mods they should say exactly what mods are for use 

WG is not able to provide a list of clearly allowed mod