Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Why?

54 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
673 posts
11,802 battles

Can some one explain why a Kagero would go into a “Ranked” game with torp reload instead of smoke??

We did question why with him and had 2 x CA’s  try to cover him, but all we got was abuse and he was deleted as soon as he was spotted as rather than stay stealth he went for a cap??

fortunatly we did win.

[TS1]
Players
586 posts
7,618 battles

I had one Kagero in a game who apologised for having brought torp reload. So mistakes can happen. No idea if the player in your match made the same mistake and then refused to own up to it or if he just thinks it's better to fire more torps and die quicker.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

The way I play Kagero (and most other IJN DDs) I often benefit very little from smoke. However, it's risky, and that's not a risk I'd take in Ranked.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,900 posts
7,365 battles

Why would you bother to post on the forums about one player preferring torp reload instead of smoke? If the kagero likes reload and wants to run it no one can or have the right to stop him.

Fun>competitiveness

Thats why I play Kii in ranked, not because its competitive (because its not lmao), but because its fun.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,358 posts
11,268 battles
On 1/5/2018 at 8:32 PM, Cyclops_ said:

Can some one explain why a Kagero would go into a “Ranked” game with torp reload instead of smoke??

I've seen DDs with no camo. Hell, I've met a red Kagero that got outspotted by my Akizuki, meaning that he clearly lacked Concealment Expert and/or Concealment Module. Compared to these, torp reload is just an unorthodox tactical choice that has its advantages (more torps) for a ship that can potentially stay safe by relying on superior concealment (although the window seems kinda small for that). Also, while smoke still seems more important, it's less cruical than in previous seasons: cruisers are somewhat rare and BBs get spotted when they fire from the smoke anyway - they do disappear between salvoes, but that's usually not enough of a factor to use smoke for them.

Sure, if you have a cruiser (especially one with Radar) to support you, then smoke you can give him becomes extremely valuable, but in many matches there actually are some upsides to having more fish-based firepower instead (again, due to lots of BBs sailing atound).

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

A lot of BBs, and quite stationary BBs at that. More fish for all of them. That's the only reasoning I can think of, but I doubt the average potato goes as far as to think why he's taking it into the battle.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles
On Friday, January 05, 2018 at 9:32 PM, Cyclops_ said:

We did question why with him and had 2 x CA’s  try to cover him, but all we got was abuse and he was deleted as soon as he was spotted as rather than stay stealth he went for a cap??

fortunatly we did win.

That sounds like my clanmate:fish_palm:

[BLITZ]
Players
2,193 posts
9,396 battles
19 hours ago, Affeks said:

Why would you bother to post on the forums about one player preferring torp reload instead of smoke? If the kagero likes reload and wants to run it no one can or have the right to stop him.

Fun>competitiveness

Thats why I play Kii in ranked, not because its competitive (because its not lmao), but because its fun.

You play games for fun?

How dare you?!

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,347 battles
On 05/01/2018 at 7:32 PM, Cyclops_ said:

fortunatly we did win.

Poor Kagero player, not only did he make a bad choice (Possibly the only T8 ship he had) he also was harassed by his team whilst trying to cap, TBH, even if he had smoke and tried to smoke when in the cap, chances are he would have still been detected and died.

But a different scenario could have been, where the enemy did not go to that cap, he capped, then kept concealment, torping the sh*t out of 7 enemy players and was the hero of the game. 

I would love to see the replay to this game, just so I can see his version of your hearsay story. 

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles
20 hours ago, Affeks said:

Fun>competitiveness

Unless you play these ships like a god and win enough games without being a burden for your team mates, why not.

If not, why effin up ranked games for others by playing turds like Kii in ranked? Why play ranked at all if all you want to do is have "fun"?

That's the issue with ranked, too many players want to have "fun" and hope to get carried to higher ranks in the process.

I perfectly understand Flamu when he is trash talking such players and makes fun of them, cause they are the reason rank is a mode is a $hitshow with turds as far the eye can see.

In regards to the TRB Kagero, it can be a powerful area denial/ harrassing tool if used correctly.

However, the second a somewhat competently played CV is in the game, it becomes quite useless - unless the enemy team is full of windowlickers.

• Cool 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,717 posts
9,234 battles
21 hours ago, Affeks said:

Fun>competitiveness

Not that I disagree that you should play to have fun (cf: my many battles in lolships), but is ranked battles to make your stand about fun>competitiveness ?

ranked.
rank.
competition.

Not that I play ranked more than my seasonal 4-5 battles to get to rank 15 to get the flag, but still, your view on the manner seems odd.
Like going to a regional football competition, being the goalkeeper, then deciding that trying to score is more fun for you than being a goalkeeper.

That's ok in a backyard match, but in a competitive setting? Your teammates have a right not to be too pleased if you're not even trying to play for the team.

• Cool 1

[DMOK]
[DMOK]
Players
448 posts
19,748 battles

A Kagero in the right Hands with torp reload .Would work if the kagero just spots and torps here and then . But that is a big "IF" .Torping a cap that is in Progress being capped by lo Yang or benson LOL the will have fun . But with no Support from a Ca or BBs he cant do much . Still i have seen Kageros outgunning lo yangs and even Benson . But they are rare .

So should a new one to Rank drive Kagero . PLAIN NO .

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,900 posts
7,365 battles
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Unless you play these ships like a god and win enough games without being a burden for your team mates, why not.

If not, why effin up ranked games for others by playing turds like Kii in ranked? Why play ranked at all if all you want to do is have "fun"?

That's the issue with ranked, too many players want to have "fun" and hope to get carried to higher ranks in the process.

I perfectly understand Flamu when he is trash talking such players and makes fun of them, cause they are the reason rank is a mode is a $hitshow with turds as far the eye can see.

In regards to the TRB Kagero, it can be a powerful area denial/ harrassing tool if used correctly.

However, the second a somewhat competently played CV is in the game, it becomes quite useless - unless the enemy team is full of windowlickers.

1 hour ago, Exocet6951 said:

Not that I disagree that you should play to have fun (cf: my many battles in lolships), but is ranked battles to make your stand about fun>competitiveness ?

ranked.
rank.
competition.

Not that I play ranked more than my seasonal 4-5 battles to get to rank 15 to get the flag, but still, your view on the manner seems odd.
Like going to a regional football competition, being the goalkeeper, then deciding that trying to score is more fun for you than being a goalkeeper.

That's ok in a backyard match, but in a competitive setting? Your teammates have a right not to be too pleased if you're not even trying to play for the team.

You know ranked is the only way to play 7v7...

I like 7v7 more than 12v12 or whatever. So if I'm not playing in div then Id rather play Ranked as its just more fun and consistent to play 7v7 instead of the shitshow that is overcrowded random games.

Blame WG for not implementing a 7v7 random matches outside of ranked. Dont blame us that play for fun.

Also if you think Ranked is competitive then I just laugh. Its a grindshow, with a bigger impact for better players due to smaller teams... thats it.

Edit: also a lot of people view ranked as painfull to play, so why not make it as fun as possible at least.
Edit2: Also you get tons of rewards for ranked so anyone would love to get the rewards not for the competitive gameplay

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
2 hours ago, Affeks said:

Edit: also a lot of people view ranked as painfull to play, so why not make it as fun as possible at least.

So... lets derp around, throw games and lose - cuz losing is fun? I cant follow your logic.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,900 posts
7,365 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

So... lets derp around, throw games and lose - cuz losing is fun? I cant follow your logic.

I never said you should lose on purpose, derp or throw games because its fun or whatever, dont put words in my mouth!

What I'm saying is that if a guys wants to play and uncometitive ship, use uncompetitive consumables or use an unconventional cpt build then you should not shame them for it or say that they should be playing a different gamemode.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,900 posts
7,365 battles
4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

You know this sign?

You were implying my logic was to lose for fun. I have no idea how your logic made that happen as I have not hinted at that anywhere.

idk how me saying that trying to win in a way that is more fun means throwing games and losing for fun... You have a very narrow view on gameplay if thats the case

[SM0KE]
Players
2,615 posts
6,459 battles
2 hours ago, Affeks said:

You know ranked is the only way to play 7v7...

This is now a key reason I play Ranked - it's a quicker (=shorter queues at the moment) way to get a T8 game at the times I can play; it's also arguably a better mode than regular randoms for those of us who are new to T8, for the simple reason it's much easier to keep track of 14-odd ships than 30.

Having hit Rank 15, I would probably have dropped out of Ranked almost entirely if there were 7v7 randoms available...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,081 posts
2,939 battles
3 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

ranked.
rank.
competition.

If the Kagero picked TRB with the intention to be less efficient in the first place that's indeed shameful. But no-one can blame him for picking TRB if he thought it was better and/or was convinced he performed better with it rather than Smoke. The point is, you can't shame a player for what they bring into play, because a game should be balanced and therefore any of their choice should be viable. IF there's something so unbalanced that it being picked will always cause harm to a team than it's WG cue to either rebalance the thing or at least forbid it to be taken in a competitive mode.

tl;dr : Shame the player if WHY they picked something was a detriment to their team, shame the compagny if WHAT they picked was a detriment to their team.

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
15 minutes ago, Affeks said:

You were implying my logic was to lose for fun.

Oh so now you are putting words into my mouth. Hats of to you!

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,717 posts
9,234 battles
10 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

If the Kagero picked TRB with the intention to be less efficient in the first place that's indeed shameful. But no-one can blame him for picking TRB if he thought it was better and/or was convinced he performed better with it rather than Smoke. The point is, you can't shame a player for what they bring into play, because a game should be balanced and therefore any of their choice should be viable. IF there's something so unbalanced that it being picked will always cause harm to a team than it's WG cue to either rebalance the thing or at least forbid it to be taken in a competitive mode.

tl;dr : Shame the player if WHY they picked something was a detriment to their team, shame the compagny if WHAT they picked was a detriment to their team.

Oh please understand that I'm not talking about specific modules/consumables here.
It's more of a general statement.

There are some combinations that simply don't work. 
It's silly to bring those into a competitive mode just because you want to have fun.

If TRB booster is one of said combinations is a topic of conversation in itself, one which I will not partake in due to severe lack of experience with it.

Beta Tester
5,081 posts
2,939 battles
13 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Oh please understand that I'm not talking about specific modules/consumables here.
It's more of a general statement.

There are some combinations that simply don't work. 
It's silly to bring those into a competitive mode just because you want to have fun.

If TRB booster is one of said combinations is a topic of conversation in itself, one which I will not partake in due to severe lack of experience with it.

I understood your point. And indeed, in a competitive gamemode, picking a combination "just and solely for the funs of it" is not necessarly okay. But as long as the player who picked it was convinced that he did better in it than in any oither possible layout, than whatever's the reality of his choice's tactical value it's not his fault. Because he meant welle, with "aiming at victory" in mind.

Sign in to follow this