Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
urr027

Killed a ship with Belfast and torps?

32 comments in this topic

[TU]
Players
171 posts
5,044 battles

Weird thing happened today, played coop with my Belfast and the game showed I had killed the enemy carrier with torpedo. Game bug or am I missing something?

The situation was that the enemy was hit by torpedoes of our bomber while at the same time I was shooting at it with my guns. This was the last ship killed in the battle, maybe the end of battle condition confused the game.

hL4OLNr.jpg

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,436 posts
6,504 battles

LaeTlX6iTiSOv_FUclnO_Q.png

Those are planes killed not ships

[LEGIO]
Players
588 posts
7,637 battles

Stop be such a smartasses against a guy who ask polite. Noo need to get sarcastic guys. He said that that Ryujo was the last ship to be sunk. So i guess it´s some kind of bug. Sometimes the game is wierd :cap_viking:

[-TXG-]
Players
2,429 posts
12 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Stop be such a smartasses against a guy who ask polite. Noo need to get sarcastic guys. He said that that Ryujo was the last ship to be sunk. So i guess it´s some kind of bug. Sometimes the game is wierd :cap_viking:

I wasn't, that was my actual thought on it....since playing a battle and checking the screen after, it does look like a bug.

• Cool 1

[TU]
Players
171 posts
5,044 battles

Yes I killed 3 aircraft but also 3 ships and this Ryojo was one of them.

[MIRAI]
Players
756 posts
4,998 battles

Where's the problem ? I can't see either that you got a torp hit at the battle results. You killed Ryuujou's TB's.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

No, he has his mouse over the dead carrier. It gives you the information who killed it (the op) and with what (torpedo)  and with what ship (Belfast). It also says that the op damaged the carrier only with main battery ap shells and shot down a couple of his planes. 

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
2,053 posts
2,767 battles

lol  All you need to see is in that picture in the upper three lines.  The enemy Ryujo was destroyed by a torpedo by the OP...  in a Belfast...

For sure a little hiccup in the battle results

[TU]
Players
171 posts
5,044 battles

Meanwhile, I took my dog for a walk and developed a theory.

As noted, the enemy carrier was under my gunfire (also our Atlanta was firing at her) while being torped by our carrier's bombers.

What if the ship got the fatal torpedo hit and gun hit at the same time -- in our digital world, at the same clock cycle? The game then needs to decide somehow who gets the kill and what was the kill method. For some reason the algorithms that make these decisions work a bit differently and assigned the kill to me, but the kill method to the torpedo.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,342 battles

probably just a simultanous hit by the torp and your shot... when You play a class with torps stuff like that happens all the time... this time You were on the other end, getting the kill of someone else's torps

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles

I'd send this to support - perhaps they could push this further up the line so possible causes are looked into.

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
11 minutes ago, urr027 said:

What if the ship got the fatal torpedo hit and gun hit at the same time -- in our digital world, at the same clock cycle? The game then needs to decide somehow who gets the kill and what was the kill method. For some reason the algorithms that make these decisions work a bit differently and assigned the kill to me, but the kill method to the torpedo.

I´d concider opening a support ticket or mark a few wows-staff in this thread here. Its clearly a bug. Who knows, maybe there is something badly wrong that needs fixing and has slipped developers eyes. I had a few times the feeling, that when I shot a very low HP ship, hit it, dmg pops up, but the kill went to someone else. Now, usualy, with all the shells in the air, its impossible to say, who really was supposed to get the kill. In this case, its very obvious, that something went wrong.

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,342 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

I had a few times the feeling, that when I shot a very low HP ship, hit it, dmg pops up, but the kill went to someone else

Happens all the time and - usually, if not for missions - has no relevance in the game. The result is the same: enemy got sunk... doesn't really matter by whom, does it? :Smile_hiding:

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,318 battles

Where can I buy this new Belfast? :cap_money::cap_like:

• Cool 1

[TU]
Players
171 posts
5,044 battles

OK maybe I’ll make a support ticket just for fun if it’s not too difficult. It’s not important, just for academic interest.

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles

@urr027 After your thread, I did pay attention today. And there it goes again: While it would be possible for a Neptune to get a Torpedokill - you can see, I didnt hit any torpedos in that game. There where however torpedos closing in on the Lexington - they still had a few secs to travel tho imo, when I gunned the CV down...

shot-18.01.06_18.42.47-0331.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,342 battles

I think I got the explanation... as the targets in question were CVs, maybe it was the explosion of a torpedo reload ready on deck for their bomber squads that killed them? Y'know, gun hits torpedos stacked on deck and BOOOM!

:Smile_hiding:

Players
3,697 posts
7,337 battles
On 05/01/2018 at 9:16 PM, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Happens all the time and - usually, if not for missions - has no relevance in the game. The result is the same: enemy got sunk... doesn't really matter by whom, does it? :Smile_hiding:

I guess the question is what else is wrong with the damage calculations and battle results, this might not matter but are there things going wrong that do?

[TU]
Players
171 posts
5,044 battles

I filed a bug report about this.

And I have an awesome signature picture now :)

Edited by urr027
No reason
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[G-S-W]
Beta Tester
141 posts
7,300 battles

Saw this too with a Dunkerque, again against a carrier.

Probably a simultanious hit cause it was the last ship.

mlcbcenphicjdphh.jpg

Sign in to follow this