You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
A20

Ranked season getting dominated by Enterprise

31 comments in this topic

[ORSA]
Players
1 post
3,625 battles

Hey guys,

Today I've had the bad luck to get matched up against an Enterprise 3 times in ranked.

All those three times I was in either an Bismarck or the tirpitz.

I'm normally not someone that starts a rant, but after getting oneshotted twice and losing 60% hp on one go in the third match I got pissed off.

How do you counter this?

[SM0KE]
Players
2,586 posts
6,443 battles

I'd be interested to hear suggestions too; presumably, they'll be relevant to countering GZ too?

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
939 posts
11,846 battles

How to counter enterprise in ranked ? Either a better enterprise or just don’t play ranked. Big E is the ultimate death machine

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,985 battles

I'm just sitting in my North Carolina and I can't comprehend what planes are you speaking of, I haven't seen any near my ship... :Smile_trollface:  

On a serious note though - just don't play a Bismarck/Tirpitz. No, seriously. Get an Alabama or a North Carolina. Those german BBs eat so much damage that it's not even funny, I can consistently land 10-16k salvos on them, even when they angle I don't see a problem to chunk a nice 7-10k. The NC is a total beast and can punish any ship quite hard if you aim your shots well. Plus with it's troll armor and amazing AA, you wont have too much stuff to worry about, other than a DD sneaking up on you.

Check this game I had if you want to see waht damage potential I'm talking about: https://replayswows.com/replay/13056#stats

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles

I'm surprised Big E seems to be the dominant CV in ranked tbh. Shokaku is more versatile on paper.

You counter her just like you would counter any CV. Stick with your teammates and she can't do anything to you. Go off alone and you're dead.

• Cool 1

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles

Gotta love Saipan And the Big E dominating ranked. 

This statement either either sarcastic or funny depending on whether or not you own them, Haha.

[THROW]
Players
233 posts
11,119 battles

Playing Shokaku in ranked and not doing badly, 81% win rate and only lost 1 star so far. Have to say playing against Enterprise is a nightmare as DB and TB have such damage potential you can protect against them and deal with fighters. Sure shokaku has faster plane speed but that doesn't quite balance it in my eyes. Probably going to buy enterprise now for the rest of rank season

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Shokaku AS is stronger on paper but having played Big E a lot in Random Battles there's a simple truth=Even an average Enterprise will win the air battle vs anything else in T8 simply because of massive fighter reserves. 

Sure Big E has less bombers but you don't yolo them and only use them on runs you know you'll take light losses. If a game goes on for long enough eventually you'll have air supremacy then it's bombing time.

I'm half tempted to try the Enterprise in Ranked but I'm still trying to power through with DDs...

[AAO]
Players
1,803 posts
9,591 battles
1 hour ago, Adrian1914 said:

just don't play a Bismarck/Tirpitz.

This.

And leave hipper/mogami/kiev/torp reload kagero at home as well.

Thx

• Cool 2

[DIKI]
Players
1,227 posts
299 battles
1 hour ago, A20 said:

Hey guys,

Today I've had the bad luck to get matched up against an Enterprise 3 times in ranked.

All those three times I was in either an Bismarck or the tirpitz.

I'm normally not someone that starts a rant, but after getting oneshotted twice and losing 60% hp on one go in the third match I got pissed off.

How do you counter this?

you CV counter him

[DIKI]
Players
1,227 posts
299 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

I'm surprised Big E seems to be the dominant CV in ranked tbh. Shokaku is more versatile on paper.

You counter her just like you would counter any CV. Stick with your teammates and she can't do anything to you. Go off alone and you're dead.

Big E is dominating because 95% of rest CV is dooing aoutodrop

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
939 posts
11,846 battles
10 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Big E is dominating because 95% of rest CV is dooing aoutodrop

Na, because E is flat out better than Shoka in basically every way.

[DIKI]
Players
1,227 posts
299 battles
15 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Na, because E is flat out better than Shoka in basically every way.

nop and nop.....in competitive games only AS is dooing the job......big E has no chance

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Who thought that ranked would be dominated by LoYangs, Kidds, Kutuzovs, Tirpitzes, Enterpizes. Hmm.. is there a pattern here?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
30 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Who thought that ranked would be dominated by LoYangs, Kidds, Kutuzovs, Tirpitzes, Enterpizes. Hmm.. is there a pattern here?

Actually, Kutuzovs are inferior to Chapayevs (Radar is still hella important) and Tirpitzes just aren't too good.

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
262 posts
39 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Yep , same as the name of your clan.

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
262 posts
13 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Actually, Kutuzovs are inferior to Chapayevs (Radar is still hella important) and Tirpitzes just aren't too good.

No. Chapa is nothing but  a worse Paytuzov with radar. I prefer having a Paytuzov with smoke instead ,thnx.

Tirpitz are good (provided you know how to use them) - the majority of people playing them.... that's a different thing

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
824 posts
7,654 battles

I ended up skipping games with CVs as most of mine ended in losses. CVs are a mess and not fun to play games with them.

Players
918 posts
8,318 battles

I am wondering why CVs weren't banned from Ranked as well. WG publicly admitted that CVs are broken and they are unable to fix them until soontm

So logically they should have been removed. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Beta Tester
2,420 posts
9,399 battles

Well, as a ship you try to stick with your teams AA. 

If he does drop you, keep your rudder neutral till the actual drop, and then try to steer into the large gaps in the Enterprise torpedo pattern.

If you don't get a flooding on the first drop, keep your Damage control for the second. 

As a CV, I believe that a very good player will not be better in the Enterprise.

The majority of players will simlpy profit immensely from the large hangar capacity. So the high average WR is no surprise. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
1 hour ago, clocky said:

No. Chapa is nothing but  a worse Paytuzov with radar.

Sorry, but in Ranked this alone makes a HUGE difference, making Chapa vastly superior to a ship that has smoke but also spotting ranges from within smoke that severely hurt the cap-supporting potential.

[WONLY]
Players
204 posts
10,445 battles
1 hour ago, clocky said:

No. Chapa is nothing but  a worse Paytuzov with radar. I prefer having a Paytuzov with smoke instead ,thnx.

Tirpitz are good (provided you know how to use them) - the majority of people playing them.... that's a different thing

Kutusov has very little impact on the outcome of a game. It's pretty easy to save the star though.

If you want to win games and still have the ability to keep the star...play chapa.

How to counter Enterprise? Just leave the queue as soon as there are CVs...

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
5 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

This.

And leave hipper/mogami/kiev/torp reload kagero at home as well.

Thx

and smoke edinburgh.

5 hours ago, veslingr said:

nop and nop.....in competitive games only AS is dooing the job......big E has no chance

maybe before introduction of p2w premium ships. enterprise has stupidly strong TB and DB with good fighters. shokaku can either go AS (can still get outplayed by enterprise with good strafings) and sacrifice strike potential, or go balanced where enterprise outwins him in every aspect.

1 hour ago, Marble_Eyes said:

How to counter Enterprise? Just leave the queue as soon as there are CVs...

doing that already, but sometimes MM works against you.

[DIKI]
Players
1,227 posts
299 battles
13 hours ago, robihr said:

and smoke edinburgh.

maybe before introduction of p2w premium ships. enterprise has stupidly strong TB and DB with good fighters. shokaku can either go AS (can still get outplayed by enterprise with good strafings) and sacrifice strike potential, or go balanced where enterprise outwins him in every aspect.

doing that already, but sometimes MM works against you.

Shokaku has better TBs. On click fight Shokaku wins. 

And again AS is how cv is played in competitive games. And Shokaku dominates here. Same skill applied