You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Baylor98

Most Fun and Least Fun Ship & Why

65 comments in this topic

[CAPT]
Players
32 posts
6,932 battles

I would like to ask people to nominate which ships they consider most and least fun to play, and say why.

Most Fun - Emile Bertin

awesome speed for a cruiser throws incoming fire off and rewards a swashbuckling attacking style. The guns are also really good!

Least Fun - New Mexico

very slow and ponderous, slow traverse and slow reloading makes it feel like wading through treacle. very frustrating

[TTT]
Players
4,108 posts
7,842 battles

most fun, definitely Atlanta just because it's so ridiculous in every way.

Least fun, whatever I am currently playing in Ranked probably slow mid-tier US BBs like the Colorado...

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
15,923 posts
11,172 battles

New Mex is not much different to:

• Kaiser
  • Koenig
  • Bayern
  • New York
  • Texas
  • Arizona
  • Colorado
  • Iron Duke
  • Queen Elizabeth
  • Nagato

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,750 battles

I feel like I'm about to fall asleep while in my t8-10 french cruisers, almost to HIV now and will finally be done with them.

At the moment, my t7 prems are the most fun. Atlanta, Nelson, Sims, it's hard to pick which.

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles

Most Fun - Recently I have a blast in the Neptune. A glasscannon, but can shredd anything to pieces. Fiji is one of my favourites too. Not that good in dealing damage as Neptune, but better survivability. Svietlana was awesome for a long time. Since French cruisers, the RN BBs and ofc the PADDs are around, I dont dare to take her out tho.

Least Fun - Shchors is a pain, got powercreeped by too many lines and premiums in his mm-zone. Oktjabrskaja Revoljuzija didnt click at all for me, same as Fuso - Ive played her before the Hull-change and before Detection-buffs. 13km range on stock with a detectionrange of 18km fighting T8s was so fun, I nearly puked. Ruined that ship for me.

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles

Least fun: Id go with Hipper back then, when it didnt have the buffs it has now. Even when they are minor buffs, used correctly can give u the edge u need. Currently... Not playing so many unfun ships anymore. Bismarck sometimes feel like a pain in the [edited]because german dispersion. BB in general when dispersion is against u.

Most fun: Hindenburg and Neptune atm.

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Most fun without a doubt - Vampire.

Least fun - probably Blys. I know she's a fantastic boat, verging on being OP, and I see some truly amazing games with OTHER PEOPLE using her. But me and Blys just don't get along. At all.

[MIRAI]
Players
756 posts
4,998 battles

Most fun: Shouaku-nee, Zao aaaaand maybe Shima in the future
Least fun: All low tier CV's and any BB

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,344 battles

Most = Belfast britain_flag.png, Kami japan_flag.png, Missouri usa_flag.png, NM usa_flag.png, Kidd usa_flag.png, Podvoisky ussr_flag.png

Least = Ibukijapan_flag.png (The only ship I hate)

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts

Throughout my WoWs journey, I think I enjoyed every ship of all that I've played. Some might have felt superior to others, but even those ones lacking had been able to deliver solid fun at the right time (meta, game version). So can't really say there is one ship that I hate. Good example was old Furutaka with 6x1 setup. It used to work surprisingly well, but I'd not touch it nowadays.

As far as favourite one goes, it is kind of the same. I had fair share of fun in every ship and most probably I'd pick Scharnhorst, but not due to any of its characteristics, but amount of friendly banter that came along with it.

And maybe Maass? And early Gneisenau, trolling poor CV's with its AA was fun. Same with Bismarck's secondaries. Konigsberg was fantastic to play too. Oh... And old Kuma... Mogami before the nerf... Blimey, even Tachibana in T10... :Smile_trollface:

I think you see where it is going... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles

Most fun - Atlanta/Minotaur - terrific fun, high risk high reward and deliver (for me) results accordingly (either great or 'splat').

Least fun - Emerald BEFORE she had smoke and heal, currently Texas (didn't get on with New York and don't get on with Texas either, so collection ship only for me).

[H_FAN]
Players
2,003 posts
24,125 battles

Most fun : Bogatyr (hon mention Giulio Cesare atm.)

Least fun: As I have 205 ships excl. all the ARP variants it is a lot of ships that I never feel inclined to play

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

Most fun will be one of the more ridiculous premiums e.g. Atlanta, Okhotnik (sp?), or something else that permits lots of dakka (and/or absurd torp salvoes) and zooming about (usually followed by being horribly exploded, if you're me).

Most fun sensible ship will be one of the RN or KM cruisers: nice balance of guns/torps/maneouvre. That said, I'm rather enjoying the Furry Taco at the moment too...

Least fun: the low tier battleships, which are slow, take ages to reload, and you die of old age waiting for the turrets to turn...

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

Most fun: Tachibana, Vampire, and other low-tier DDs are hilarious for sealclubbing. Most of the IJN DD line is fun to play, and I really enjoy Bismarck (secondary spec, naturally). Of the cruisers, I'd say Myoko is the most fun to play.

Least fun: Chapayev. Not so much the ship itself as it is the utter crap teams I always end up in. I think I have a lower win rate than the expected win rate if you AFK your matches. It doesn't help that the ship doesn't suit my style at all, as it's a floating citadel with gift wrapping for armour and no steering to mitigate it. Likewise Nagato isn't nearly as fun to play as any other IJN BB, including Izumo (which is okay, but not as fun as Kongo, Fuso, and Amagi).

Players
905 posts
11,126 battles

Subjectively, the most fun:

• Atlanta - Maximum dakka, insane potential DPM, good for your mental health.
  • Kaga - Because I either screw up royally, or deliver the Strike of Heavens.
  • Mutsu - ...currently, maybe. In PvE, the Type88's are not too much of a hindrance on the usual short-to-medium ranges, so she's esentially a Nagato with torps.

More generally and usually, high-risk, high-reward things.

The least fun:

• Mikasa - Easily and without doubt. Slow, inaccurate, powercreeped, lost T1 MM, secondaries are glorified fireworks. On the plus side, the last time I went to PvP with cruisers in her MM range, I farmed these like no tomorrow.
  • Iron Duke - I play her often for the sole reason to get through her asap. Actually, not that bad/useless with AP even in T7 environment, but slow, abysmal turret handling (especially problematic in PvE), esentially an Orion in the wrong neighborhood.
  • Ognevoi - Again, in PvE, Kiev is just flat-out better. Having to use her stock for a while did not help either. And besides, russian torpboat. Come on.

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,834 battles

Most fun, Atlanta. Guaranteed smile every game.

Least fun, Yugumo. Cannot make that ship work for me, such a chore !

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,441 posts
6,517 battles

Most fun:

-Kamikaze R = The best sealclubbing ship with excellent concealment and really short torpedo reload times.

-Des Moines/Baltimore = You need some citadels, he needs some citadels, EEEEEVERYBODY needs some citadels (even battleships)

-Zao = Time for some enlightenment (literally)....The best ship for farming witherers and setting 20 fires per match.

-Iowa = Very quick, good AA, accurate guns....Basically a very good ship all around.

Least fun:

-Low tier BBs (With the exception of Arkansas Beta and maybe some others) = Very slow, very inaccurate.

-British CLs = I just can't get them to work so they're bad to me, but it depends on the person.

-Friedrich der große = Basically an enlarged version of a bismarck with even worse guns.

-Saint Louis (the tier 9 one) = If you had to recycle garbage, this would still be burnt. Basically a Charles Martel that is bigger, less maneouverable and has a citadel the size of an island off the coast of Scotland

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,246 battles

Most fun:

DD: Kamikaze (old IJN) 

BB: Nagato (classic BB) 

CA/CL: Mogami/Kutuzov/Atago/Daosta

(either sneaky, dpm or lazer accuracy) 

Least fun:

DD: Yugumo (that ship hates me) 

BB: Bayern (cant undersand eachother) 

CA/CL: Nurberg/Molotov/pepsi

(first two detonation farmers, last skipped due to bad omen) 

:Smile_honoring:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,406 posts
7,851 battles

I think I'll do it per class and name two so here we go:

For a fun time the ships i go to are:

-DD: Fujin or Chaba

-Cruiser: Perth (my absolute favourite ship) and Atago/Takao

-BB: Missouri and Yamato

-CV: Saipan i guess? (not really a CV player)

The real stinkers per class for me are:

-DD: the low tier RU DDs. 4 km Torpedos and mediocre at best guns, what to like about them?

-Cruiser: The Emerald and Pepsi (damn i was so glad after i was past those)

-BB Myogi and RU Oktober Revolution

-CV dunno old Bogue maybe?

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Will generally exclude low tier ships as, with a few exceptions, they're all pretty awful.

Most fun:

Roon, Hindenburg. Perfect combination of firepower, maneuverability, tankiness and AA. Couldn't ask for a more perfect finish to a line that had its fair share of ups and downs.

Budyonny. Possibly the most OP silver ship in the game, an absolute monster with IFHE at a tier where its prey is generally slow and not particularly fire-resistant!

Fletcher. Great guns, great torps, USN smoke, great stealth, DFAA. What more needs to be said?

Scharnhorst. Probably the most fun I've had playing the game was with this ship, fully specced for secondaries and played aggressively it's close to unstoppable if top tier.

Least fun:

Izumo. The ship that pretty much made me stop playing BBs. No matter how well or badly I did in it I rarely actually had fun doing so. Slow, lumbering, RNG-reliant, paltry AA and just horrendously ugly. I unlocked a Yamato about half a year ago but I'm yet to play it!

Japanese DDs. Haven't played them much but the playstyle didn't suit me well at all. So inconsistent and too heavily reliant on torps, feels as though I had little to no control over my own performance.

New Orleans. Ugh. AA is alright, stealth is good and it has radar. Everything else, however, was woeful and the only thing that kept me sane while playing through it was that it seems to have a huge XP modifier.

[-TFD-]
Players
17 posts
10,154 battles

Most fun: Atlanta or Duke, fires everywhere for the Atlanta and doing HE citadels with the duke is pretty fun too

Least fun: Colorado or the French cruisers below tier 7. Took me awhile to get used to those.

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles

Most fun - Atlanta aka flamethrower ship or the Pensacola (dunno why I just really clicked with this ship)

Least fun - Emerald, just one huge sailing citadel

Players
36 posts
3,564 battles

Most fun

Hindenburg - Because turtle armour & high DPM guns. It is the only cruiser that doesen't get citadelled and sunk all the time. And that makes the Hindenburg very fun and rewarding in the long run.

Kiev - Sovjet gunboat DD. Best guns in the game. If you like racing games and watch the world burn, this is the ship for you.

Lyon - French shotgun BB. 16 barells on 4 turrets!! This ship eats cruisers for breakfast. You never miss with this ship.Very fun ship to play.

My "wild card" would probably be the Neptune/Minatour. I haven't played them. But I have played the Fiji and it was rather fun eventhough it is made out of paper.

Least Fun

All CVs - There is no fun in this class.

I have tried it many times and it is terrible.

IJN cruisers (pick any ship) - No turret rotation, easy to citadell, long reload time on guns, terrible torp angels

IJN DDs - Terrible reload time on guns. Bad turret rotation.

A nightmare if you face other DDs in the cap zone. And the torps aren't that great either. Bad anti- air aswell.

Dimitri Donskoi - Great guns but the rest is bad. Why put radar on a ship that can't turn or hide.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles

Most fun:

Gearing dakadakadaka

Minotaur - dakadakadaka

Des Moines - DAKADAKADAKA

Enterprise - makes BBabies cry. :Smile_trollface:

Fletcher - jack of all trades, master of all. The perfect all-rounder.

NC - remember when BBs were balanced? Yeah, good times.

Least fun:

Yamato - bow camp and profit. Boring as all out to play.

GK - be overpowered and profit, thus also boring as all out to play.

Izumo - I hated her. Couldn't make her work no matter the situation.

IJN DDs - nerfed to oblivion then powercreeped by better lines. Completely worthless nowadays.

Yorck - seriously, this ship is just a straight up downgrade from Nürnberg.

Lexington - first of all, 1/1/2 is a perfectly serviceable loadout to play and was a desperately needed buff. Doesn't mean I particularly enjoy playing her, even if the super accurate AP DBs make for some topkek moments