Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dutchy_destroyer

CAPTAIN SKILLS

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
6 posts
8,847 battles

Dear Wargaming, i did found out the skill "BASIC FIRING TRAINING" don't work as intended . Let me explane, it say's    -10 to reload time of MAIN GUNS WITH A CALIBER UP TO AND INCLUDING 139 mm, and secondary battery guns . + 20% average damage of AA defense. WELL it DON'T WORK on all the ships i found out!!! When added on a AMERICAN DESTROYER WICKES tier 3 it DOES work and the RELOAD will go faster. BUT on ALL other ships so far i have ADD this CAPTAIN SKILL it DON'T WORK and reload of MAIN GUNS up to and including 139 mm WILL NOT reload faster like intended !!??? 

My question WHY is there NO FASTER reload from the MAIN GUNS when skill is added to the Captain ??????  ONLY the American "WICKES" DESTROYER tier 3 will get a FASTER reload of MAIN GUNS!!!

(((sorry i don't let me upload pictures of this topic)))

with my greetings ,

Edward Beijdorff

Dutchy_destroyer 

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts

Was the captain retrained for the other ships?

If not, that's probably it. A captain trained for Wickes, but placed in Chester for example, will not, or only partially give the reload boost from BFT until the captain is fully retrained for Chester.

[MIRAI]
Players
756 posts
4,998 battles

Everything i learned from this thread is:

So many question marks as possible !!!!! AND CAPS ARE AWESOME!!!!!11

3,839 posts
8,611 battles
29 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

Was the captain retrained for the other ships?

If not, that's probably it. A captain trained for Wickes, but placed in Chester for example, will not, or only partially give the reload boost from BFT until the captain is fully retrained for Chester.

Though for the Chester it would only work on the stock guns, since the upgraded ones are 152mm.

Greetings

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

Would be nice to type more or less correctly (and no English is not my native language at all) and avoiding caps would also be great.

The skill works fine:

1 If your captain is fully retrained for that ship.

2 Check your ship's guns caliber first -> for the same ship it can differ depending on the hull used.
3 Check Wows wiki.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
39 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Though for the Chester it would only work on the stock guns, since the upgraded ones are 152mm.

Greetings

Yeah I just realised this after writing that :fish_palm:

Couldn't think of another ship so quickly.... need more coffee

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

I smell a troll

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
30 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Well at least you picked a ship that's not completely outruled. But yeah, now you speak of coffee...

Greetings

It's even worse.... I couldn't think of a low tier US ship with small guns (other than Sampson, but didn't want to mention that since OP is past Sampson if he has Wickes), so I actually went ingame and looked in the tech tree. Clicked on Chester and saw 127 mm guns, so I mentioned that.

You see, I quite tought this through. It's just that my brain completely ignored the fact that a centimeter lower, the upgraded guns say 152 mm :Smile_facepalm:

Definately need more coffee :Smile_teethhappy:

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

It works on all usn dd's. It works on the Atlanta, it works on most km dd's. 

What ships did you try it on?

Was the captain trained?

Sign in to follow this