You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fubucky

Unusual damage saturation

5 comments in this topic

[MIRAI]
Players
161 posts
8,047 battles

Hey there,

I had a very weird game in which i took 8 Lo Yang torps to different parts of my ship (bow, midship and stern), yet I still managed to survive.

Well, I know that the saturated part of the ship doesn't take any damage, but having the whole hull saturated sounds weird to me. Because, if you could get saturated that easily with torps, nobody would get 1-shot by them.

Also, when i tried the same thing in the training room against bots, I failed as they just sank the moment they got a torp hit on their midsection.

Can someone explain how exactly this happened?

[FOF]
Beta Tester
90 posts
8,997 battles

It is easy to explain.

First of all torpedoes have different section hitboxes then shells. Sounds stupid, but NO is actually a really good example for this.

So long story short: You don't get a single torphit into your midsection. Which by the way would have sunk you immediately, because torphits to your midsection actually deal the damage to your citadel.

The midsection torphitbox for the NO is roughly the same size and place as the citadel armor belt. That is the yellow stripe in the armor viewer. Hits in front of it will hit the bow instead.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts

Hard to tell without knowing exactly where torps hit (higher resolution video of port side would be useful), but Lo Yang torps deal quite a lot of damage and tanking so many of them both with bow and stern should definitely send you to the bottom. It is weird indeed...

[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles

What does it tell us? Totaly moronic game mechanic.

But i guess @Forke is right.

First salvo the 2 torps in the bow deal no damage (already saturated), one torp deals citadel damage, and the 2 in the stern are aleady too much, so its saturated while dealing some damage. Next salvo 2 Torps Bow and 2 Stern deal 0 damage, its already depleated.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,052 posts
5,835 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

What does it tell us? Totaly moronic game mechanic.

But i guess @Forke is right.

First salvo the 2 torps in the bow deal no damage (already saturated), one torp deals citadel damage, and the 2 in the stern are aleady too much, so its saturated while dealing some damage. Next salvo 2 Torps Bow and 2 Stern deal 0 damage, its already depleated.

I agree with that - both the game mechanics and what happened.

After that I'd go and get a lottery ticket!