Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

The new missions are really FUBARing the BB MM!!

90 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,388 battles

All mission 4 tasks are BB relative so... no surprised all are playing on BBs but this queue is insane!

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,054 posts
3,769 battles

Having "do X damage to BB's" as easiest of the missions (all the rest require DOY or luck/skill), and then have as utensil the very same BB's leads to these results. And since the 2nd easiest mission is "earn a dreadnought", almost all of the BB's play very conservatively towards the end of the battle, in order to survive. It's not fun now to play the game, not fun at all. Anyway, I've got my 6 stars (2x dreadnought, 2x 150k damage) thanks to the KGV. But I can't say I enjoyed doing it. Stage 1-3 were way more fun.

My stealth torpedo-boats have an absolute field-day though. 

And next week the roles will be reversed, with the torpedo-damage requirements... I can see 5 DD's per side, yolo-ing to get their hits. 

The North Cape campaign is a nice event, nice rewards, nicely tied to historic events, but the missions in the 4th and 5th part are really promoting bad gameplay. It wouldn't be so bad if one torpedo-mission from stage 5 went to stage 4 and vice versa.

• Cool 5

[TTT]
[TTT]
Weekend Tester
461 posts
16,010 battles

I trolled a little with shimakaze, was so fun :)

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,542 battles
3 minutes ago, Mandyxx said:

I trolled a little with shimakaze, was so fun :)

That was a good suggestion, havent played my Shima in a while....... :cap_like:

4 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Having "do X damage to BB's" as easiest of the missions (all the rest require DOY or luck/skill), and then have as utensil the very same BB's leads to these results. And since the 2nd easiest mission is "earn a dreadnought", almost all of the BB's play very conservatively towards the end of the battle, in order to survive. It's not fun now to play the game, not fun at all. 

My stealth torpedo-boats have an absolute field-day though. 

And next week the roles will be reversed, with the torpedo-damage requirements... I can see 5 DD's per side, yolo-ing to get their hits. 

The North Cape campaign is a nice event, nice rewards, nicely tied to historic events, but the missions in the 4th and 5th part are really promoting bad gameplay. It wouldn't be so bad if one torpedo-mission from stage 5 went to stage 4 and vice versa.

Yeah, my feelings exactly. Why cant WG mix it up a bit and do some for each ship each week instead of fuckin up ques on week for BBs and one week for DDs and another week for CVs? It makes no sense shooting themselves in the foot like that ........... Oh, wait .......... it makes perfect sense, its WG!!!

11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Then play something different..

I am! Im farming the crap out of all these weekend BB players with my destroyers, like to get my daily win in my Missouri and Sharn tho.

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

actually MM is pretty normal. 5bb in match per team.. same as any other day... just less dd overall

[ELCH]
Players
61 posts
7,231 battles
32 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

It wouldn't be so bad if one torpedo-mission from stage 5 went to stage 4 and vice versa.

That's how it should be done if there must be a class requirement at all. Have two equally attractive missions from opposite ends of the spectrum, i.e. combine two classes that counter each other (in this case one mission for battleships and one mission for destroyers). And preferrably one "grind" alternative that you can do with any type of ship (like XP or credits earned).
The current event design is just game breaking.

Players
76 posts
4,414 battles
50 minutes ago, collin_mats said:

You can sit forever in que if youre trying to play BBs today.

shot-18_01.04_16_29.26-0703.thumb.jpg.bfb175827222df3e6c36980626258331.jpg

lol i have just put a subject up about this :) 

[XODUS]
Players
778 posts
4,515 battles

And low, it was prophesied that the BBabies would fill the que, until it happened that the META changed to World of Battleships
And the BBabies found themselves in purely battleship only battles, with no CV's, Cruisers or Destroyers.

And the Rage was great, as no one wanted to cap, no one wanted to push and everyone wanted to snipe
the Great Game of 18:06PM GMT when all twelve battleships spawned into Ocean, and started going for opposite caps, and never saw each other for the entire game for the risk of separating from their herd of other BBabies. No Damage was done and the Salt was great as neither team wanted to push and all wanted to Snipe, but with no Destroyers or CV's to scout there was none. 

The Game ended in a Draw with the max damage being 35k from a single BB accidental firing of his main guns allowing him to be spotted for a second at max range before vanishing again.  

• Cool 4
  • Funny 8

[TTT]
[TTT]
Weekend Tester
461 posts
16,010 battles
51 minutes ago, collin_mats said:

That was a good suggestion, havent played my Shima in a while....... :cap_like:

From today :)

shot-18_01.04_09_45.15-0137.thumb.jpg.148ac4e81ec140d1f9fcdd27657115b1.jpg

Actually, u can play any DD, will be the same :)

140k with kamikaze, 90k okhotnik, not so good damage with yugumo but still first in team (only 85k). So technically is a paradise for DDs.

• Cool 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,442 posts
6,517 battles
31 minutes ago, Mandyxx said:

140k with kamikaze, 90k okhotnik, not so good damage with yugumo but still first in team (only 85k). So technically is a paradise for DDs.

Yeah, the problem is that it's kind of difficult to get a dreadnought or a high caliber in most DDs

[PORT]
Modder
1,555 posts
11,412 battles

Really miss the Graf-Spee-event.  :fish_panic:  Reasonable tasks, even doable in coop.

• Cool 3

Players
588 posts
4,771 battles

The design of this campaign's tasks in mission 4 and 5 are a catastrophe.

[edited]me for wanting to finish my ibuki grind right? either I play bbs and spend a century and a half in MM to try to farm rng, or try to play a cruiser in THIS.

Both options lose.

• Cool 3

[XODUS]
Players
778 posts
4,515 battles

Annoyingly i did not have the high caliber campaign task selected because i forgot to select it at the start -.-

but this is what i was going for
zIECHRT.jpg

shot-18.01.04_17.57.52-0131.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ELCH]
Players
61 posts
7,231 battles

I think the easiest and least intrusive way to fix this would be opening up the 150k damage to battleships mission to all classes. That way we could at least grind it out with destroyers and cruisers, taking pressure off the extremely BB heavy matchmaker.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,388 battles

incapacitate or destroy 3 main turret on enemy ships on your BB.

This is nightmare for me

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles

Then play a Cruiser, i did most of the missions with Cruisers.

Probably easier with a BB, but then again, everything is easier with BBs thease days. But overall, the missions are doable with Cruisers.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles

Ah, so that's why there are so many targets floating around.

I'm still at the third stage since I don't have much time (or mood) to play as I'm visiting my family right now and I was wondering where the BBapocalypse came from.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,542 battles
1 hour ago, Mandyxx said:

shot-18_01.04_09_45.15-0137.thumb.jpg.148ac4e81ec140d1f9fcdd27657115b1.jpg

Sweet! nice game!

1 hour ago, domen3 said:

Yeah, the problem is that it's kind of difficult to get a dreadnought or a high caliber in most DDs

Not in Akizuki running the Yamamoto captain tho! :Smile_glasses:

20 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Ah, so that's why there are so many targets floating around.

I'm still at the third stage since I don't have much time (or mood) to play as I'm visiting my family right now and I was wondering where the BBapocalypse came from.

LOL! You and me both, brother, you and me both!

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

incapacitate or destroy 3 main turret on enemy ships on your BB.

This is nightmare for me

I've got a feeling this would be fairly easy in an RN BB spamming HE at Cruisers...

Sign in to follow this