You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dasCKD

Annoying F key spamming

6 comments in this topic

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,101 posts
14,384 battles

I have recently had the displeasure of being locked in a match with a player who spammed function messages all match long, ruining the game of 23 other players. Now the game allows you the option to mute the chat messages from another player, but muting those messages doesn't actually stop the function messages from going through. With chat messages, you can at least ignore it. With the function spamming, you get the annoying message sounds that drowns out any attempt at coordination and is entirely impossible to drown out. The suggestion is simple and should have long ago been implemented: we should allow players to simply mute a player to stop them from being able to communicate with the player doing the muting. Now there might be arguments about how being able to simply stop someone from communicating through the function keys jeopardizes the communication as this is a team game. Several things:

1. The vast majority of players don't pay attention to the messages anyways
  2. If a player does something egregious enough to warrant another player from wanting to communicate with them entirely, then the game should give the option to silence them.
  3. The game already has a method to stop team communication in a far less irritating and egregious way.

As long as a specific player has to be marked out as the one being muted in the game client, I can't see any negatives with what is quite frankly an abuse of gameplay mechanics. This is far from a common problem, but it would be an easy problem for WG to fix with little detriment to themselves.

• Cool 6

[BLITZ]
Players
2,179 posts
9,367 battles

No need to add something to this.

I never understood why muting doesn't work for quick commands.

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
1 hour ago, SeeteufeI said:

No need to add something to this.

I never understood why muting doesn't work for quick commands.

Edited.

Edited by Asklepi0s
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to encouraging rule violations

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,037 posts
10,983 battles

You can't spam the F keys if you are dead.

Pink fades away quite quickly.

Just saying.

• Funny 1

Players
2,159 posts

I agree a mute that also shuts up the F key spammers would be very good.

In quite a few of the threads created by people complaining they get chat banned frequently they admit once banned they F key spam to just "get back" at the people that got them banned. 

There should be a way to shut up the petulant children that do the F key and map link spamming. I'd rather take the risk of missing vital information than have to put up with their childish annoyances.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,101 posts
14,384 battles
2 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

You can't spam the F keys if you are dead.

Pink fades away quite quickly.

Just saying.

Last time, it put a clanmate of mine in the pink for 7 matches. I don't think a player who did nothing wrong should be punished for doing what needs to be done.