You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Yet another camping rant thread

18 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
607 posts
8,736 battles

Hello guys. Hope ya´ll have had a great Bew Year. I have not. Have a really nasty cold. 

Anyway. I know that camping sometimes can be good. But this start to ger really hillarious in game. Battleships park behind an island and spam HE on a perfect angled target. They stick out their bow or stern. Fire and move back. In 9 out of 10 times they get sunked. Battleships going backwards for a whole game. Lucky for them that they can´t fall over the edge, but i wish they could. Why are people so afraid of? High repair? Well since they most likely are less active than an active player so will they get a little or none profit. So it´s not only that. And that horroble camping meta starts to creep downtiers. 

Why does so many camp? That is my question, Maybe i can get some good answers here. Or am i the only who think it´s to much?

Have a great day/ Thomas

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,650 posts
5 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Lucky for them that they can´t fall over the edge, but i wish they could.

There would be mass suicides towards the end of the battle if this were the case. Like arty drowning in WOT:Smile_Default:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
2,330 posts
11,315 battles
7 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Or am i the only who think it´s to much?

Nop. It's been increasing for months now. Especially those BBs playing WOT "peekaboo", what you described, or reversing from 20 km is driving me crazy.

Why though? No idea. Idiots and cowards probably the best answer.

Also, WG not punishing it or incentivising better behaviour of course.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,470 battles

Cold? :Smile_medal:

But with 2 different virus strains you could have Cold War!  :Smile_izmena:

P.S. Get well mate! :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
179 posts
1,809 battles

perhaps wg when you first start the gameon the loading screen , the starting positions could be put the bb first  rowthen cl 2nd /3 row etc etc

line 1  bb  bb  bb   bb

line 3  cl cl cl

line 5  cv

example

then the bb would have to u turn this might be a idea to look at its only a suggestion

[KTS]
Players
355 posts
4,779 battles

The line between camping and recklessly pushing is very thin tbh.

Yesterday, in a ranked battle, we were a ship ahead with a cap each, all we had to do was to wait for enemy push and delete them.

Instead our Bismarck decided to push alone, got focused by entire enemy team and died.

On the other side:

I'm in my Izumo, mountain range, spawn in middle cap.

Parked myself 5-7 km out of the cap slightly angled, went ahead and reverse for the whole match, start turning only when one side collapsed.

Is this camping? maybe, but i got 2100 xp, 4 kills (3 cruisers and a dd), 3.4 million potential damage, lost only half of my health.

Sometimes camping is necessary.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
977 posts
7,011 battles

Your "teammates" are camping and you are frustrated with a DD? I give you an advice: buy shima -> equip 20km torps -> camp with them -> make a cry thread at the forum 'cause you hit nothing and the shima sucks

Wish you a good day :-)

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
6,828 posts
7,602 battles

Imo its not only camping which gets worse. Its overall cowardness. 1-3 Enemy Ships drive away half+ of your team denying the cap? While U are with 5 or less ships on your flank trying to hold back almost all of the enemy team? And after some minutes u go completely nuts when u see that the minority enemy force on the other side is closer to the cap than your team is...

Or the moment u realize 3 BBs are coming your way while playing cruiser and u think oh crap, where can i hide, then u start to shoot them and they all run and hide? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,131 posts
27,986 battles

We keep slagging these players off for poor play, the truth is, it's WG's fault, selling or awarding ships to players that have no idea how to play them.

Most of us know how awesome a Tirpitz or Alabama can be in a game, but in the wrong hands it might as well be a South Carolina or Myogi.

WG need to work out an algorithm that will only give high tier ships to players that have silver ships of the same tier.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[LEGIO]
Players
607 posts
8,736 battles
2 hours ago, Favuz said:

The line between camping and recklessly pushing is very thin tbh.

Yesterday, in a ranked battle, we were a ship ahead with a cap each, all we had to do was to wait for enemy push and delete them.

Instead our Bismarck decided to push alone, got focused by entire enemy team and died.

On the other side:

I'm in my Izumo, mountain range, spawn in middle cap.

Parked myself 5-7 km out of the cap slightly angled, went ahead and reverse for the whole match, start turning only when one side collapsed.

Is this camping? maybe, but i got 2100 xp, 4 kills (3 cruisers and a dd), 3.4 million potential damage, lost only half of my health.

Sometimes camping is necessary.

Am not totally against camping mate. I also camp or slow down when needed. But camp a whole game? NOWAY. Those alltime campers just fool themselves. I mean they maybe are good at camping. But when they meet someone who know how to tackle with them they get caught with their pants down. I sneaked up on a camping Montana with my Yueyang. Launched all my torpedoes. Got a dev strike. He got a detonation. Gotta say that i just love those asian ships :) Then i got reported by him. Called cheater and so on. Funny. :P 

[LEGIO]
Players
607 posts
8,736 battles
2 hours ago, Elypse201 said:

Your "teammates" are camping and you are frustrated with a DD? I give you an advice: buy shima -> equip 20km torps -> camp with them -> make a cry thread at the forum 'cause you hit nothing and the shima sucks

Wish you a good day :-)

I have the Shimakaze :) And i use those short range torpedoes with speed boost. 81knot. Perfect anti dd weapon. IF you have any luck. But i have pissed of our Great Lord RNGesus. RNG is always against me. Think he need a saccrifice. Maybe a camper is enough to give him :P 

[POI--]
Players
977 posts
7,011 battles
2 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

I have the Shimakaze :) And i use those short range torpedoes with speed boost. 81knot. Perfect anti dd weapon. IF you have any luck. But i have pissed of our Great Lord RNGesus. RNG is always against me. Think he need a saccrifice. Maybe a camper is enough to give him :P 

I want a Shima q.q At the moment i am at the Kagero half way to the Yuugumo.

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Players
607 posts
8,736 battles
54 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

I want a Shima q.q At the moment i am at the Kagero half way to the Yuugumo.

You will love her. A really brutal destroyer. If used right she bring havoc :) Good luck with your grind :) 

[POI--]
Players
977 posts
7,011 battles
1 minute ago, darkstar73 said:

You will love her. A really brutal destroyer. If used right she bring havoc :) Good luck with your grind :) 

I'm struggling with the 10km torp range especially in Tier 9/10 Matches. But yeah i hope both high tier DD's will crash enemys with this extremly high torp dmg.

Players
135 posts
3,700 battles

I've been blessed with close range BB captains (mostly) since new year, but friendly DDs have been a nightmare!

Usually: 

- Lone wolfs that dies at the opposite cap point, that was agreed on.

- Rushing ahead leaving the fleet behind ( even with BBs steaming full ahead towards the cap) and getting killed in a bottleneck 

- Smoke up shooters! Friendly team spotted, enemies are not. Usually these toons die to torpedos. 

- Third line torp snipers!

Like I already said. I've been blessed with good BB caps, but friendly DDs are killing me.   

[-RNG-]
Players
45 posts
11,689 battles
On 04/01/2018 at 1:11 PM, darkstar73 said:

Am not totally against camping mate. I also camp or slow down when needed. But camp a whole game? NOWAY. Those alltime campers just fool themselves. I mean they maybe are good at camping. But when they meet someone who know how to tackle with them they get caught with their pants down. I sneaked up on a camping Montana with my Yueyang. Launched all my torpedoes. Got a dev strike. He got a detonation. Gotta say that i just love those asian ships :) Then i got reported by him. Called cheater and so on. Funny. :P 

I was reported this morning for being a "camping baby"  in spite of racking up damage against a fuso, duke of York and a tier 6 or 7 .ca that was ahead, facing me off. My teammates didn't see it was valid to stealth fire against two bb's like this. Once I and my teammates had weakened the enemy a degree, I came out finished off fuse and another bb, bayen came in second with 99k damage on the winning side. Because I was in a sharnhorst, it was an "outrage"!

At the weekends we get focused by the pack mentality.  Deleted in minutes. Using islands is valid for any vessel if it gets the job done. Still lost two kudos points.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

Pick Moskva, burn them down from 22km away before they realise where their W key is on keyboard, and then feast on their sweet tears.

[PUPSI]
Players
114 posts
6,603 battles

@ Favuz
I guess it may be language barrier but line between camping and pushing (recklessly) is huge.

What i see as problem that ppl don`t discern camping from holding the ground aka defending.

When ship/s stay for majority of battle around area that is already secured, too far to significantly make impact in battle which can go both ways or play bb like ca, scared of 1 volley damage that can erase him not understanding that RNG is not that much evil ... basically avoiding conflict as much as they can.

That is camping.

Yours example with Izumo, is defending because, with that amount of damage and kills, it is obvious that enemy was showing interest for that area ... impact in battle.

Personally i`m aggressive (sometimes too much... most of the time ... whatever) because i like active role and my style is based on using good sides of ship first, than thinking about bad sides.

A lot of ppl do the opposite which is not a bad thing as long as they are not obsessed with that to extent to ignore good ones ... and vice versa because my way is not the only right way.

I find myself a lot in situations as overextended but i never push if there is no reason for that.

Example - offer myself as target because i can take a punch and return a favor, all that in order for my teammates can do more important job like finish capping without being disturbed, run away or simply pick a target which will not fire back as he is preoccupied with me ...

Ok,  I`ll get my coat ...