Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RedAnark

Just a quick question on Retraining Captains

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[TRRC]
Players
527 posts

I know it's an old one, but I just wan to be sure:

 

- If I bring a Premium ship A Capt to a normal ship B and swap the normal Capt B to the Premium A, then after trained him in the premium A I can put him back to his original ship B w/out retraining.

But then, swapping back the Premium Capt A (that is in Retraining in the normal B) in his original Premium A does require retraining?

 

- And also are Arp ships considered Premium for retraining?

 

Txs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,160 posts

Back to front answer sorry:-

 

ARP ships I believe count as Premiums - You can put any Captain of the right nation (ARP or Japan) on them with no retraining.

 

32 minutes ago, RedAnark said:

I know it's an old one, but I just wan to be sure:

 

- If I bring a Premium ship A Capt to a normal ship B and swap the normal Capt B to the Premium A, then after trained him in the premium A I can put him back to his original ship B w/out retraining. ---- Yes same as ARP answer You can put any Captain of the right nation on them with no retraining.

But then, swapping back the Premium Capt A (that is in Retraining in the normal B) in his original Premium A does require retraining? - No because putting a Captain on a Premium requires no retraining

 

- And also are Arp ships considered Premium for retraining?

 

Txs!

 

This is one reason people buy premium ships, they can specifically be used as Captain retrainers. e.g. You have a Leander (T6 RN cruiser), you research the T7 Fiji and move the Captain to the Fiji, he requires retraining - If you have an RN premium ship like Belfast you can move the Captain to the Belfast and play that to get the captain exp to complete retraining without him suffering the 50 or 100% penalty to the perks he has. 

You can freely move Captains onto a premium and back to their assigned ship of their nation without retraining penalty.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
37 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

ARP ships I believe count as Premiums - You can put any Captain of the right nation (ARP or Japan) on them with no retraining.

 

Confirmed. You can move Captains freely between all ARP ships without retraining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
671 posts
5,040 battles

Normally I would dismiss the 0 point capt that comes with a normal premium then you put the captain you want to train on the premium (no retraining) and back on the normal ship. Premium Ships of the same nation you can train captains on.

 

All anime ARP, Dragon, Harekaze HSF ships can be used as Japanese trainers (as premiums) and you can retrain an ARP or Dragon or HareHSF capt. to sail a Japanese ship (the opposite as above you take the premium captain and retrain it on the normal vessel).

 

For instance I retrained Takao girl on Akizuki but she can still be on the Takao or any ARP tier 5 BB or tier 7 ARP Cruiser or Dragon ship. 

 

 

 

akizukiarp.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
Players
527 posts
8 hours ago, SteDorff said:

Normally I would dismiss the 0 point capt that comes with a normal premium then you put the captain you want to train on the premium (no retraining) and back on the normal ship. Premium Ships of the same nation you can train captains on.

 

All anime ARP, Dragon, Harekaze HSF ships can be used as Japanese trainers (as premiums) and you can retrain an ARP or Dragon or HareHSF capt. to sail a Japanese ship (the opposite as above you take the premium captain and retrain it on the normal vessel).

 

For instance I retrained Takao girl on Akizuki but she can still be on the Takao or any ARP tier 5 BB or tier 7 ARP Cruiser or Dragon ship. 

 

 

 

akizukiarp.png

Thanks for all the answers, but last year I did the mistakes to keep the Premium Capt in the Premium p.e. Graf Spee, so now he is a skilled one but moving to a german DDit take a lot of XP with the 50% option. Or moving a Capt from a ship to the higher Tier one I bought...! I didn't know the trick...

So if I want to move the Premium Capt back to the Graf you're saying no problem, no retraining, even if he started some retraining on the BB. Right?

 

I knew the Arp thing between them, but also I understand that I can take a standard 3 skills Capt buying a new Jap ship, move him to an Arp and swap the girl to the new Jap. After training the new Capt on the Arp Kongo swap them back to their original ship without restraining both. Right?

 

Txs again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
17 minutes ago, RedAnark said:

I can take a standard 3 skills Capt buying a new Jap ship, move him to an Arp and swap the girl to the new Jap. After training the new Capt on the Arp Kongo swap them back to their original ship without restraining both. Right?

 

100% yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
5,800 battles

Easy way to remember it is any captain can go in a premium ship of the same nation without needing any retraining.

For someone to captain a silver ship they need to be trained in it.

 

For example my des moines captain can happily go into Atlanta, sims, indianapolis without any retraining since theyre all premium ships. I could even put him in the saipan if I really wanted.

 

However my tipitz captain could NOT go into a bismark without retraining since its a silver ship and hes not trained in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
671 posts
5,040 battles
2 hours ago, RedAnark said:

Thanks for all the answers, but last year I did the mistakes to keep the Premium Capt in the Premium p.e. Graf Spee, so now he is a skilled one but moving to a german DDit take a lot of XP with the 50% option. Or moving a Capt from a ship to the higher Tier one I bought...! I didn't know the trick...

So if I want to move the Premium Capt back to the Graf you're saying no problem, no retraining, even if he started some retraining on the BB. Right?

This is also yes since Graf is also a premium it is the way some players grind the retraining through/on a premium ship instead of buying retraining for gold. The process of retraining the captain for that BB that you started goes faster training him on this premium (as well as on that BB) or + other premium ships of the same nation you have since you get the daily 50% or at specials the 200% x2 ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
Players
527 posts
On 1/4/2018 at 6:31 PM, ForlornSailor said:

 

100% yes.

 

On 1/4/2018 at 8:59 PM, SteDorff said:

This is also yes since Graf is also a premium it is the way some players grind the retraining through/on a premium ship instead of buying retraining for gold. The process of retraining the captain for that BB that you started goes faster training him on this premium (as well as on that BB) or + other premium ships of the same nation you have since you get the daily 50% or at specials the 200% x2 ships.

 

Great! Thank you!

Girls time... ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
Players
527 posts

But I ran in an interesting option here:

- The other day I finished the Mission and got 1000 doubloons so 500 I quick trained the Graf Capt for the V.D.Groebe.

 

 

But yesterday, following the suggestions, I took the" Gnassi" Capt and moved to the Graf for training, but that Capt was on retraining as the original is in the Bismarck.

So as soon as I moved him to the Graf something magic happened... all of his skills were 100% working  but he was still in retraining with a red line from 10000 to 20000.

2018-01-06_01h05_43.thumb.jpg.4b839b26367a6ac609d217f2e92fa4da.jpg

 

I Played with the Graf and in fact his skills were working perfectly, and when I finished the Battle he still on retraining for remaining xp... So it looks like that you can take a 200K retraining Capt to a Premium retraining him faster and back to the previous ship 100% retrained!

Great to know!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,160 posts

That's exactly how it works, when retraining and placed on a Premium ship the perks all work 100%. I said that in my previous post in fact.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
671 posts
5,040 battles

BB skill training on a cruiser is only so so though unless its your only way you can not promoting anything but... Tirpitz or Scharnhorst since you also Bismarck and FdG and for skills you can check youtube video s of the Gurus. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,058 posts
7,695 battles
On 6.1.2018 at 2:08 AM, RedAnark said:

But yesterday, following the suggestions, I took the" Gnassi" Capt and moved to the Graf for training, but that Capt was on retraining as the original is in the Bismarck.

So as soon as I moved him to the Graf something magic happened... all of his skills were 100% working  but he was still in retraining with a red line from 10000 to 20000.

 

I Played with the Graf and in fact his skills were working perfectly, and when I finished the Battle he still on retraining for remaining xp... So it looks like that you can take a 200K retraining Capt to a Premium retraining him faster and back to the previous ship 100% retrained!

Great to know!

 

The penalty occurs when a captain who isn't specialized for the ship drives a ship that requires a specialized captain, not because the captain is in retraining. Thus, the captain can drive premium ships without penalty and it doesn't matter if he's in retraining or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×