Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wolfman1958

Penalty for defending myself ?

25 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
7,081 battles

I was in a battle, right from the start a player on my own team started firing at me. I warned him I would fire back if he did not stop. next thing I knew he started to fire torpedoes at me. So I fired back at him. I ended up with massive penalty.

The game [edited]sucks if you can't defend yourself from *edit who have no honour or team spirit. I used to enjoy this game. But more and more you are getting *edit who spoil the game. If the powers to be can't fathom out the 'blue on blue' issue proper and only penalise the problem players then they are as much good as a ash tray on a motor bike.

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,357 posts
11,267 battles

The game does not allow you to fire on your teammates. Period. No exceptions, no excuses, it's not allowed. You lost your nerve and fired on your teammate - so you got penalized, it's that simple. If you believe the penalty to be massive, you could've just done nothing and your "teammate" would be  the only one to suffer the penalty. If, on the other hand, you believe this penalty to not be significant - why do you complain about receiving it? In fact, one-time case of killing a teammate doesn't have any long-lasting consequences - the system, while it has its problems, is set-up in a way that acknowledges special situations and accidents.

Also, you can try sending the replay to the support. They'll tell you that these things are handled automatically, but they might also actually take action beyond what the automated system does - so if you were indeed attacked for no reason, the offender might get punished additionally. Firing back, of course, lowers your credibility somewhat.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Firing back, of course, lowers your credibility somewhat...

Let me quote Brick Top:

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by (...)" OP :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, Wolfman1958 said:

I was in a battle, right from the start a player on my own team started firing at me.

(...)

Speaking out of personal experience - although indeed such players are irritating, they are extremely rare. I had incidents like that maybe 2 or 3 times and saw them in battle few times more. (Hopefully it has nothing to do with Steam launch...)

What we could use is 'naming and shaming' site or youtube channel, although I know couple of players who would be frequent visitors there...:Smile_teethhappy:

[EW_YK]
Players
91 posts
11,897 battles

They should put something in, that you can not do team damage to each other..

That would stop all this bs and they would get a +1 from me :)

• Bad 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,357 posts
11,267 battles
1 hour ago, EaSyCoMpAnY1970 said:

They should put something in, that you can not do team damage to each other..

That would stop all this bs and they would get a +1 from me :)

And a -1 from me.

Reduced damage from "friendly" fire is ok. Removing the possibility of starting fires and floodings on friendlies - ok. But the very existence of friendly fire is one of these small parts of the game that make it more immersive and the interaction with your teammates more convincing. WoWs is a game of throwing lots of explosive stuff at each other - it just cheapens the experience if said stuff magically only affects the enemy. WoWs already has a bit of a problem with ships not feeling nearly big enough... they shouldn't be reduced to firing confetti at each other too.

[CATS]
Players
15,926 posts
11,172 battles
10 hours ago, Wolfman1958 said:

I was in a battle, right from the start a player on my own team started firing at me. I warned him I would fire back if he did not stop. next thing I knew he started to fire torpedoes at me. So I fired back at him. I ended up with massive penalty.

The game [edited]sucks if you can't defend yourself from *edit who have no honour or team spirit. I used to enjoy this game. But more and more you are getting *edit who spoil the game. If the powers to be can't fathom out the 'blue on blue' issue proper and only penalise the problem players then they are as much good as a ash tray on a motor bike.

This is a game, not the real world. There is no need to defend yourself.

Just be careful and patient. If the offender continues, the game will punish him.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,791 battles

Accidents aside, never shoot one of your team members. Never.

"But MUMMY! HE DID IT FIRST!"

And you can be better by not lowering to their level.

See now wehn you shot back, you are one of them. :fish_palm:

[MIRAI]
Players
160 posts
8,047 battles

Just let him shoot you. He'll receive a penalty and lose his HP extremely quicker. And if he keeps at it, he'll die long before he can kill you.

If you happen to get any fires from a teammate, just don't repair it, and watch him sink as a #### as he deserves it.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,661 posts

@Wolfman1958

You do not need to defend yourself. Sooner or later the game will do that for you. If you fired back, you did exactly what the other one wanted you to do. That's what those provoking players always want you to do. So that you get pink and they get a good laugh. That player is now sitting somewhere laughing his behind off while you throw a hissy fit.

Players
671 posts
5,040 battles

Would be nice if we got specfial flags signal flags camo etc back if you get teamkilled though. The other day I equipped all special flags on the Missouri and got torped by a 'friendly' Gearing from behind. 

Players
498 posts
9,580 battles
2 hours ago, SteDorff said:

Would be nice if we got specfial flags signal flags camo etc back if you get teamkilled though. The other day I equipped all special flags on the Missouri and got torped by a 'friendly' Gearing from behind. 

You'd encourage players on loosing teams to stear into freindly torps etc in order to get their flags back ... etc

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles
3 hours ago, Egoleter said:

@Wolfman1958

You do not need to defend yourself. Sooner or later the game will do that for you. If you fired back, you did exactly what the other one wanted you to do. That's what those provoking players always want you to do. So that you get pink and they get a good laugh. That player is now sitting somewhere laughing his behind off while you throw a hissy fit.

This sums it up nicely. Don't rise to their bait.

There is a high percentage of pondlife types on the interwebz, but they are still in the minority.

There is an old saying, rarely used now, that two wrongs do not make a right.

• Cool 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
3 hours ago, Egoleter said:

@Wolfman1958

Got torped (on purpose) once while using all the "super exclusive flags" thats hurts, obviously the perfect system did 0 dmg to him and I lose all my HP, now you come to torp me I blast you out fo the water. 

[PUPSI]
Players
81 posts
4,796 battles

How about to turn team killing into suicide - no damage for victim and double damage for shooter?

Accidental hit would not sink you nor teammate, deliberate would.

OP, yes, it is frustrating but this is game with set of rules which are, most of them, right.

By that rules, if you fire back, you are no better than him and, to me, that sounds right.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
7 hours ago, eliastion said:

And a -1 from me.

Reduced damage from "friendly" fire is ok. Removing the possibility of starting fires and floodings on friendlies - ok. But the very existence of friendly fire is one of these small parts of the game that make it more immersive and the interaction with your teammates more convincing. WoWs is a game of throwing lots of explosive stuff at each other - it just cheapens the experience if said stuff magically only affects the enemy. WoWs already has a bit of a problem with ships not feeling nearly big enough... they shouldn't be reduced to firing confetti at each other too.

Keeping team damage in a team game is really par for the course for specialgaming, they cant even code working chat windows, its only logical they suck at the rest.

Beta Tester
944 posts
9,327 battles

@ O/P For goodness sake grow up. Its a game. It rarely happens if ever. In fact I can count on one hand the number of times people on the same team have fired at me. Usually an accident. There may have been a few more morons about because of the Christmas holidays. But come on, to start on thread on the forum about it? really? Get a life (away from the computer, machinery, vehicles or flammable substances).

Players
721 posts

Implement 200% mirror damage from the start (not only after the shooter is pink), if you shoot/torp someone you'll get it reflected on you.

[HOO]
Players
1,219 posts
2,535 battles

Never shoot back. Ever. Period.

Instead have replays enabled, and afterwards send a ticket to support, with the replay file attached. If enough people report the same player for similar incidents, WG will likely take action against the offender. It is not in their economic interests to have this happen in their game.

All that being said, this is the internet, and a free to play MMO. Anybody can, and some will do anything they can to amuse themselves, by playing in this way. It must be the only way they can get some enjoyment, from their sad and lonely existence.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts

Nothing new here, players that get more kicks from being A-holes to ruin a players game they no longer have an interest in...You get the same on this forum (this thread even), players that no longer play the game but can't stop themselves from posting negatives. Just sad people really. 

Players
132 posts
17,066 battles

I'm gonna tell u a secret....:Smile_glasses:

Best way to retaliate someone who is firing on u is.... 1 single damage iteration like 4 torps and u still not getting TK penalty, just make sure he survives.

On the other hand if he let flooding run u will get TK status.

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
942 posts
4,298 battles

If you don't fire back, they will turn pink and their damage will reflect. So in case of him throwing torpedoes your way the proper MO is taking one (with the nose) to get a flooding and not repairing it.

After a few ticks he will get pink, you will not get any damage and their own hp will start decreasing. Wait until they are dead, repair the flooding, move on.

• Cool 1

Players
132 posts
17,066 battles
10 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

If you don't fire back, they will turn pink and their damage will reflect. So in case of him throwing torpedoes your way the proper MO is taking one (with the nose) to get a flooding and not repairing it.

After a few ticks he will get pink, you will not get any damage and their own hp will start decreasing. Wait until they are dead, repair the flooding, move on.

Yeah, this is the polite way to deal with them, try to minimize the 1 iteration damage u suffer and keep running repairable damage like flood or fire.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,357 posts
11,267 battles
3 hours ago, Niibler said:

Implement 200% mirror damage from the start (not only after the shooter is pink), if you shoot/torp someone you'll get it reflected on you.

That would be really stupid. Most friendly fire - and I'd say 99% or something like that - is an accident. Hurting (or worse, killing) your ally is, therefore, already a problem as it lowers your chances of victory. It's of course even worse for the one who got hurt. If there was reflected damage from the start, it would be an additional punishment for the whole team, that already gets hindered by one of the teammates losing hp or even sinking.

So no. Reflected damage should remain as deterrent for recidivists who do it on purpose or are consistently careless - so, for people who got pink and have yet to serve their penalty off.

Beta Tester
207 posts
12,909 battles
16 hours ago, Wolfman1958 said:

The game [edited]sucks if you can't defend yourself from *edit who have no honour or team spirit. I used to enjoy this game. But more and more you are getting *edit who spoil the game. If the powers to be can't fathom out the 'blue on blue' issue proper and only penalise the problem players then they are as much good as a ash tray on a motor bike.

maybe you asked this yourself? not in so many words but still ... i see people asking to be killed rather often 

Players
671 posts
5,040 battles
10 hours ago, Synth_FG said:

You'd encourage players on loosing teams to stear into freindly torps etc in order to get their flags back ... etc

BB s specially Missouri ain't fast enough to find themself a way out like that I would have to teleport in front of friendly's torpedo's a good torpedo warp is aimed against the enemy and well out of reach of friendlies ships. I can torpedo like that with my dd or cruiser so can the others.

As soon as one could steer into torpedo's its already the torpedo-ing teammaes fault I often avoided getting hit by friendly torping but it is the same as in traffic you bump into the back of my car it is your fault I am not supposed to keep an eye on what is behind me but what is in front of me. No 2nd line torpedoing you take the risks that way. The one that takes damage should be compensated win or lose game specially concidering those flags are real money based.

Sign in to follow this