You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Smeggo

[0.8.10] ChilledSpecialCamos - Replace all special event camos with chilled single-colored ones

29 comments in this topic

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles

I wanted to replace the colourful event-camos with something more subtile, but keep the premium-camos.

Made a mod that replaces all special-event-camos with mono-colored grey/black/white with a shade of the old colour touch.

The mod only replaces camo-textures, does not touch the camouflage.xml - so will not interfere with other mods.

Download here, but also available in Aslains modpack!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o9SrpNz-UnOpxIVy9GmfAF0mwiJBid5E/view?usp=sharing

0CNkgZY.jpg

QtjgqhV.jpg

w14QKsY.jpg

[D2EA]
Players
2 posts

Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for ...

Sorry to bother you but is it possible that you can also change the Premium Camouflage from the Moskva to Type 59 ? Or show me how it's done, I can't find it in the camouflage data sadly

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles
19 hours ago, Lennox said:

Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for ...

Sorry to bother you but is it possible that you can also change the Premium Camouflage from the Moskva to Type 59 ? Or show me how it's done, I can't find it in the camouflage data sadly

Alright - cannot test it, as I don't have a moskva, but here you go:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JXKd6G0dg8wVuA7-x2diCSoFbSLbvRL1

Place the 2 images into the folder "....\World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.7.1.0\content\gameplay\common\camouflage\textures"

Should be same pattern, probably different colours (these are defined in the carmouflages.xml-file, if you want to play around with them)

[D2EA]
Players
2 posts

Sorry for the late reply ...

You're awesome, thank you so much ... Had to edit the camouflage.xml file as you said to change the color but otherwise the skin is amazing ... Thank you so much again ! :)

• Cool 1

[SPUDS]
Players
11 posts
5,416 battles

Hello, would it be possible to include list of how different texture files translate to camouflage name in game? I would really like to use some of your files, but not all of them.

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles
4 hours ago, RLachtan said:

Hello, would it be possible to include list of how different texture files translate to camouflage name in game? I would really like to use some of your files, but not all of them.

Nope, sorry, had to derive the corresponding files with try and error and guessing from the patterns and the text in the carmouflages.xml-file, as they just taped the camo-system into the gamefiles without naming conventions.

Tell me what you are looking for and I will try to find these.

[SPUDS]
Players
11 posts
5,416 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

Nope, sorry, had to derive the corresponding files with try and error and guessing from the patterns and the text in the carmouflages.xml-file, as they just taped the camo-system into the gamefiles without naming conventions.

Tell me what you are looking for and I will try to find these.

Thanks, no need :) already figured by trial and error which one is which. Using most of them now, thanks!

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles

Newest version changes the Womans-Day-camo as well as the Pi-Day-camo to a blank ivory painting:

Unbenannt.JPG

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles

Update for 0.7.9 - thanks to @Compass_Rose, who gave me the hint how to do it now :Smile_honoring:

Changes the "Union Jack"-camo to grey and the "Stars and Stripes" to a nice white paint.

Unbenannt.JPG

• Cool 2

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
47 posts
7,179 battles

Nice work, thanks! Have been wanting something like this for a while now but never really bothered to look. I actually wonder why WG themselves don't offer a setting to get proper naval colours instead of all that fake colourful stuff.. we're sailing badass warships, not clowncars in a parade. :cap_horn:

• Cool 1

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles

I heard you like black ships, and as there have been plenty of new camos lately, I have updated ( Azur Lane, Humle, Victorious..)- now with more black camos. :cap_horn:

Azur.thumb.JPG.11370f2d8d42db5b0eac736daba3e0e4.JPG

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles

Updated for 0.8.3

Now replaces new Victory-camo with a pale grey.

Victory.thumb.JPG.87126abc22b7ba66b94eb54b557152aa.JPG

Players
4 posts
4,290 battles

This is great work, bravo! Gets rid of one of my pet peeves in WoWS. Can you do anything with those fugly but useful perma Bionic camos? Please?!

• Cool 1

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles
Vor 19 Stunden, this_means_war sagte:

This is great work, bravo! Gets rid of one of my pet peeves in WoWS. Can you do anything with those fugly but useful perma Bionic camos? Please?!

Thankyou! Unfortunately such "camos" are actually new models and are not modable. Only thing you can do is make them invisible with the ingame settings:

shot-19_04.28_09_14.31-0823.thumb.jpg.9ffb60fec73553f14f5ca7f1a017bc78.jpg

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles

Updated for 085 -> replaces new "postapocalyptic camo" with a grey/blue tone.

postap.thumb.jpg.a96fac51dbdc98245119e3230e09ac0c.jpg

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles

Updated to 086 -> replace "French riviera"-camo and the upcoming "Linus tech tips"-camo 

CSC.thumb.JPG.157a5de7253102106f8fab871ff1e210.JPG

Players
33 posts
4,467 battles
On 4/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, Smeggo said:

Thankyou! Unfortunately such "camos" are actually new models and are not modable. Only thing you can do is make them invisible with the ingame settings:

shot-19_04.28_09_14.31-0823.thumb.jpg.9ffb60fec73553f14f5ca7f1a017bc78.jpg

Which also dismounts them and lets you not use it. Especially with the new french DD camos it's a real bummer. I'd trade them in for the normal ones in an instant.

Why you can't make them invisible (i.e. replace them with the standard one) but still use them is beyond me...

Modder
1,798 posts
12,598 battles
Vor 40 Minuten, PerfectPotato sagte:

Which also dismounts them and lets you not use it. Especially with the new french DD camos it's a real bummer. I'd trade them in for the normal ones in an instant.

Why you can't make them invisible (i.e. replace them with the standard one) but still use them is beyond me...

I also would like to change them.  Still, I understand that it's not allowed to change ship models or 3D-camos.

I guess else these would likely replaced by someone with big boxes - viewable above islands, with red marks where the citadels are. :Smile_trollface:

Players
33 posts
4,467 battles
18 hours ago, Smeggo said:

I also would like to change them.  Still, I understand that it's not allowed to change ship models or 3D-camos.

I guess else these would likely replaced by someone with big boxes - viewable above islands, with red marks where the citadels are. :Smile_trollface:

They don't have to be replaced by anything not in the game already. You can choose the type of camo anyway.

So, if I have a 3D camo won from an in-game event or whatever you can't tell me there can't be a way to replace it visually with the default grey when switching the "Decorative" button instead of demounting it.

Or at least let us trade them in for the default version.

Mind you, the camos are well in their own right they're just not my cup of tea. I prefer a more historic approach thus I am using this  mod shown here anyway. :fish_viking: