Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Schmidt_zxc

Ranked Season 8 Meta

15 comments in this topic

[TAW]
Players
56 posts
19,363 battles

Attached are the usual MM humor images. But ..

I might be delusional, but after a serious testing (and couple of bottles of rum) I made an observation: It's much harder to play save-a-star, since game mechanics and apparently scoring system has changed; you actually need to have an impact on the battle  in order to score well. Kill stealing, border hugging and german sniper BB meta don't work too well anymore.

If this is what WG has been working on, its a +1. If this balance happened by accident, good for us :Smile_bajan2:. If its just rum talking, need to get some more.

I'm not even going to go into the subject yolongs, but seems very strong. gg.

ranked season 8 meta.png

ranked season 8 meta 3.png

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,316 battles
1 minute ago, Antura said:

Attached are the usual MM humor images. But ..

I might be delusional, but after a serious testing (and couple of bottles of rum) I made an observation: It's much harder to play save-a-star, since game mechanics and apparently scoring system has changed; you actually need to have an impact on the battle  in order to score well. Kill stealing, border hugging and german sniper BB meta don't work too well anymore.

If this is what WG has been working on, its a +1. If this balance happened by accident, good for us :Smile_bajan2:. If its just rum talking, need to get some more.

I'm not even going to go into the subject yolongs, but seems very strong. gg.

ranked season 8 meta.png

ranked season 8 meta 3.png

OH, how you dream to be a Chapayev with that MM. good.png

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

What League are those screenshots at?

I don't actually think Lo Yang is the super weapon like what people are making it out to be. 

You can simply avoid the Hydro if you're not a DD smoke camper. 

The poor team play and star saving will get those players nowhere. You have to get out there and win to make progress. 

Too early for me to comment on this season's meta.

[TAW]
Players
56 posts
19,363 battles
13 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

What League are those screenshots at?

They are from R5 - R4. These matches don't happen very often, there even were some matches with 4 BBs and 0 DDs. I was only CA in those matches playing Mogami. Every other CA was ofc. Chapayev or New Orleans. Had great fun, even if you felt lika rabbit against a pack of wolves xD.

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles

One game ranked is already enough for me... Was hotspot 4 BBs / 3 Cruiser. We capped A (i got single cap because my team was too slow LOL), and the enemy lemminged from B through the islands to A. Except one Takao who wanted to go to C, as did i. We spotted, he chickened away and run. I capped C.. thats where the problem started. Mogami followed me all the way 3~km behind me. Behind him a Bismarck. Our other 4 ships stayed in A. I capped C, went through middle, enemy Takao came back, took some shots at him (my teammates didnt hit ofc...) decided its not worth so i turned in and started shooting the lemmings between A/B. They roflstomped their way through, and 1 by 1 our BBs decided to go like pigs to the slaughter... achieving nothing... well not true. They blocked me torping the enemies, till i was finaly spotted and ofc the enemy BBS went like *OH crap TAKAO IS THERE; HE MUST HAVE TORPED *EVADE**... At that time we had ALL 3 CAPS! Our Hipper and Mogami still chasing the enemy Takao till nowhere, dieing to him at some point lol....

Last one standing, we had like 860 points but they took A... then B... then i died because it was over anyway.

shot-18.01.03_16.35.28-0192.jpg

Told my BBs how stupid they were, answer was: Our other cruisers didnt help (excluded me thus) :cap_haloween:

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
12 minutes ago, Antura said:

They are from R5 - R4. These matches don't happen very often, there even were some matches with 4 BBs and 0 DDs. I was only CA in those matches playing Mogami. Every other CA was ofc. Chapayev or New Orleans. Had great fun, even if you felt lika rabbit against a pack of wolves xD.

you observe the queue when there is lots of DDs and 1-2 BBs u bring Radarburgh and start colecting tears 

if there is lots of CAs and a CV Kidd

atm ull have to w8 meta to change if u want to bring Kagero in Premier or u should be insane good in that "thing"

btw i rankedout but still no update on forumsig

@DFens_666 in that bracket there is almost no braincells left will suggest u to push for premier before and in premier to become unplayable

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

You can simply avoid the Hydro if you're not a DD smoke camper.

PPL knowing how to avoid hydro in ranked? 

I am disapointed in u negativv u should know  the ppl that play ranked :Smile_izmena::Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
7 minutes ago, lameoll said:

PPL knowing how to avoid hydro in ranked? 

I am disapointed in u negativv u should know  the ppl that play ranked :Smile_izmena::Smile_teethhappy:

Like the same crowd who whined about Belfast radar a few seasons ago instead of using their brain :cap_book:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

One game ranked is already enough for me... Was hotspot 4 BBs / 3 Cruiser. We capped A (i got single cap because my team was too slow LOL), and the enemy lemminged from B through the islands to A. Except one Takao who wanted to go to C, as did i. We spotted, he chickened away and run. I capped C.. thats where the problem started. Mogami followed me all the way 3~km behind me. Behind him a Bismarck. Our other 4 ships stayed in A. I capped C, went through middle, enemy Takao came back, took some shots at him (my teammates didnt hit ofc...) decided its not worth so i turned in and started shooting the lemmings between A/B. They roflstomped their way through, and 1 by 1 our BBs decided to go like pigs to the slaughter... achieving nothing... well not true. They blocked me torping the enemies, till i was finaly spotted and ofc the enemy BBS went like *OH crap TAKAO IS THERE; HE MUST HAVE TORPED *EVADE**... At that time we had ALL 3 CAPS! Our Hipper and Mogami still chasing the enemy Takao till nowhere, dieing to him at some point lol....

Last one standing, we had like 860 points but they took A... then B... then i died because it was over anyway.

shot-18.01.03_16.35.28-0192.jpg

Told my BBs how stupid they were, answer was: Our other cruisers didnt help (excluded me thus) :cap_haloween:

OMG i hate it when they do that crap!

Chasing one ship all over the map for ages instead of helping win the game! Especially when i see BBs chasing one freaking cruiser (who is usually faster and more nimble then they are) all over the map while the rest of us get slaughtered. 

Its almost as bad as the camping sniper BBs.

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
2 hours ago, iJoby said:

OH, how you dream to be a Chapayev with that MM.

Had CV + 4 BB + 2 Hipper today as enemys with Chapa. Thats right. 0 DDs. Thats 11-15 star range.

2 hours ago, Negativvv said:

I don't actually think Lo Yang is the super weapon like what people are making it out to be. 

Agree.

2 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Too early for me to comment on this season's meta.

Agree again :). Feels a little bit better so far then the last season. I can actually make a play and get rewarded. *knock on wood*

34 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

OMG i hate it when they do that crap!

Chasing one ship all over the map for ages instead of helping win the game! Especially when i see BBs chasing one freaking cruiser (who is usually faster and more nimble then they are) all over the map while the rest of us get slaughtered. 

Had a Tirpitz and Amagi hunting the enemy CV in the spawn (ofc he was on the other side of the map by then). While I was fightining with 1 DD against 2 DDs and Edinburgh. Meanwhile, those 2 BBs cry, spam chat and everything "NEED AA. STUPID CRUISERS. STUPID DDs. STUPID CV SPOT THE CV). The best part: I radared Edinburgh, while he was sitting still in his smoke - BOTH BBs did hold their fire, saving it for the CV (!!!!). They litterally had a broadside Edinburgh to shoot on ~15 km. In the end: CV farmed them both. what else is new? Its just another ranked season. :Smile_facepalm:

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,189 battles

Have played around 70 battles with awful results.

So I went

dude1.jpg

• Funny 4

[TU]
Players
171 posts
5,044 battles

I think it’s clearly more of a DD meta than in the previous two, tier 7 and 6 seasons.

Sign in to follow this