Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
majogl

Sketchy holiday camo price change

22 comments in this topic

[WGP2L]
Alpha Tester
132 posts
3,108 battles

What is this? When it was first introduced, the frosty fir tree camo could be sold for 70k credits (i was selling them cause i was quite unlucky with my draws and had over 900 of them). Now, as if by magic, their price is 50k... Same for the type 59 camo. It was possible to sell it for 120k credits this morning, now the price is 93k.

So I wonder if WG is gonna at least attempt to explain this shameless moneygrab, or just hope it goes away quietly.

• Boring 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,354 posts
11,267 battles

Ok. What "shameless moneygrab" is there in changing how much credits you get for selling some camos? :cap_hmm:

3,835 posts
8,611 battles

Hold on.

You're complaining that the awesome XP grinding camos you apparently got a bunch of, don't bring you the credits you're expecting? Why are you selling these anyways?

And yeah, pretty much up with eliastion here: Where's the shameless moneygrab you're WG accusing of?

Greetings

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles

Using these ugly Frosties on every ship that i have xp potential with just to get more free and elite xp. Never would think about changing my xp to credits and i have alot of everything but nothing beats elite and free xp.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
33 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

I can't understand why you would want to sell them anyway. 

Same here. XP camos are incredibly useful even if you don't need the XP for grinding, as you can use them for free XP farming and Captain grinding.

So if you have 900 of them selling then instead of putting them on every ship in your port is well, stupid.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 hour ago, bushwacker001 said:

I can't understand why you would want to sell them anyway. 

And you dont have to, the OP is asking for the reason of the price change, not about what you think he-she should do with them.

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
5 minutes ago, Juanx said:

And you dont have to, the OP is asking for the reason of the price change, not about what you think he-she should do with them.

If the camos got cheaper or if "too many" camos got distributed in the christmas boxes causing inflation then that could change the sales price of the camos.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
9 minutes ago, Juanx said:

I wasn't asking you what you thought about what I thought about OP selling them either. :fish_sleep:

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles

Like any other consumable in game, it probably has sale and therefore its selling price is lower aswell??

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,233 battles
2 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Like any other consumable in game, it probably has sale and therefore its selling price is lower aswell??

This. Never sell anything when there is a sale on. F.e. when certain ships have a discount, never sell those ships as u will get less credits selling them.

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,344 battles

Why would you sell those Camos? you can never have enough bonus XP Camos.

• Cool 1

Players
2,793 posts
15,940 battles

didnt check but reas if a discount on the camos is active reducing also their sale price?

[PST]
[PST]
Alpha Tester
475 posts
5,282 battles

yes when there is discounts on items any items (ships, flags, cammo, equipment) it reacts on the sales prices

its the same with the clan bonuses also removes the sales cost of your ship 

[WGP2L]
Alpha Tester
132 posts
3,108 battles
4 hours ago, Juanx said:

Thank you. This is all i'm asking. The reason WHY im selling them is mine alone. FTR it is because i had over 900 of them and I realisticallly didnt think i would ever use up all of them, and besides i needed a lot of credits fast, while the "new year discounts" were in effect.

They lowered the price of the camos without any reason and I want to know why. That is all this topic is about.

3,835 posts
8,611 battles
13 minutes ago, majogl said:

They lowered the price of the camos without any reason and I want to know why. That is all this topic is about.

In that case, I'd vote for a discount on some camos or the likes of it.

But I still don't see how a reduced selling price of camos is a 'shameless moneygrab'!

Greetings

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles
3 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

In that case, I'd vote for a discount on some camos or the likes of it.

But I still don't see how a reduced selling price of camos is a 'shameless moneygrab'!

Greetings

He hoped to "convert" boxes containing camos instead of prem ships to credits with good rate but got burned. That's a shame. And he grabbed a lot of boxes from shop. So, shameless moneygrab.:cap_money:

Players
721 posts

What we need is an in game auction house to help people get rid of these useless :cap_cool: flags and other consumables. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be happy to offload those from the OP for a fair price in credits (lul).

Additionally an ingame auction house would increase dramatically the player base and even quality by bringing a lot of new bots in. Wink wink WG!

• Cool 1

[WGP2L]
Alpha Tester
132 posts
3,108 battles
2 hours ago, Niibler said:

What we need is an in game auction house to help people get rid of these useless :cap_cool: flags and other consumables. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be happy to offload those from the OP for a fair price in credits (lul).

Additionally an ingame auction house would increase dramatically the player base and even quality by bringing a lot of new bots in. Wink wink WG!

I love this... Alas as with many good ideas, this probably wouldn't rate too high on WG's "How much money is this gonna bring me?" scale. Players would have an alternative to WG premium store and we couldn't have that, could we?

• Cool 1

3,835 posts
8,611 battles
4 hours ago, Niibler said:

26 minutes ago, majogl said:

I love this... Alas as with many good ideas, this probably wouldn't rate too high on WG's "How much money is this gonna bring me?" scale. Players would have an alternative to WG premium store and we couldn't have that, could we?

This has been recently discussed in a different thread here in the forums. And I'll link the compact  answer from a fellow forumite, why some sort of credit transfer system or auction house won't ever be implemented:

Greetings

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this