Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LittleGentleman

Would someone explain 'heal' mechanics and repairs, please?

18 comments in this topic

Players
190 posts
3,045 battles

Hi,

So I saw in one of Flamu's videos that you take permanent damage on (battleship) whilst you have a cooldown active (not sure if damage control party or heal). Which was news to me even after a couple of thousand battles since I thought you just always took 90% of fire damage etc

As I also understand currently, this does not apply to certain RN Battleships with special heals.

King Regards

LG

[NWP]
Players
7,272 posts
7,937 battles

Im not sure if i understand the question, but ill just explain as it works.

Certain damage types can be healed to different % values. f.e. u get a hit to citadel u can heal less % (10%) than from a fire (100%).

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables#Repair_Party

what video are u talking about?

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Could you elaborate/clarify what you mean exactely?

100% of fire damage should be repairable but normal repair parties (i.e. non-RN) don't restore 100% fire damage of one fire with one charge because it will only restore a certain amount of HP. There usually is a little bit "repairable damage" left.

What do you mean by "taking just 90% fire damage"?

Alpha Tester
1,961 posts
6,361 battles

By "permanent fire/flooding", he meant fires or floods that run for the majority of their duration (60 seconds without modifiers for battleships and 30 seconds for cruisers and destroyers). You can heal this damage later on, but it will hurt a lot if you have two permanent fires or one permanent flooding. You can read more about this here and here.

The Repair Party will heal 100% of fire and flood damage, which is why it is important to properly use your consumables during engagements. In this regard, the Royal Navy heal is identical to the regular ones.

• Cool 1

Players
1,059 posts
7,793 battles

Damage control party repairs fires, floods and modules that have been temporarily knocked down but not destroyed.

Repair party repairs certain amount of damage per second (damaged parts of ship get hp back) and is active certain amount of time. Thus, each repair party consumable has a maximum amount of damage it can theoretically heal. Not all damage can be healed; There is light damage like floods or fires which can be fully healed by the repair party, the limitation in this case being how much repair party can heal at maximum. There is also heavy damage like citadel hits, most of which cannot be repaired by the repair party. The amount of health healed by the next repair party used is indicated as a grey bar in your ship's health bar: If the grey bar starts to decrease when you are burning, then next repair party will heal its maximum amount of damage. This is a good indicator for using the repair party.

Players
13 posts
13,233 battles

What I would like to know is: How do you know when you have been damaged enough to get the most out of repair party? Is there an optimum amount of damage? To clarify; If for example you are in a BB and you take a small amout of fire damge from 10 seconds of fire before putting fire out obviously that would be a waist of a repair party. But if you loose 3/4 of your health before using repair clearly (it seems) you are going to struggle to fix that 75% damage? It's hard for me to explain something i thought was simple!

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles

Official WG - how it works series have good videos for all different kind of damage and damage control and repair consumables. 

P. S. That's the entire playlist of all videos. 

[NWP]
Players
7,272 posts
7,937 battles
4 hours ago, Thwackerblaster said:

What I would like to know is: How do you know when you have been damaged enough to get the most out of repair party? Is there an optimum amount of damage? To clarify; If for example you are in a BB and you take a small amout of fire damge from 10 seconds of fire before putting fire out obviously that would be a waist of a repair party. But if you loose 3/4 of your health before using repair clearly (it seems) you are going to struggle to fix that 75% damage? It's hard for me to explain something i thought was simple! 

Estime the size of the gray area on the little ship icon on the left bottom corner of the screen. But some ships have better repair party, so they can heal more with one heal than others (f.e. Minotaur or Conqueror).

I believe there are mods out there, which can show that... but dont use em, so not 100% sure (alltho ive heard about it).

However, if the gray area is ~ 1/6 of the size, you can easily start your repair party. One standard repair party can heal maximum of 14% from your max HP.

Players
315 posts
10,288 battles
5 hours ago, Thwackerblaster said:

Image result for thread necromancy meme

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
12 hours ago, Thwackerblaster said:

necromancy! but i reply anyway. :Smile_hiding:

It's mostly shipknowledge + guestimate when it's the perfect time to activate heal.

Another neat trick is to watch the right edge of the gray area. If the gray area moves to the left as you lose more health, then you know that the gray area already is the maximum you can get out of your heal. (because the gray area only shows the potential of ONE heal and only updates when your previous heal goes on cooldown).

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
262 posts
11,348 battles
15 hours ago, Thwackerblaster said:

There is a mod in Aslains pack that shows you the value of both your Max heal and what would be healed if you repaired there and then. Generally I hit the button when the "what can be repaired there and then" and the "Max heal" are the same as I know I am not wasting any healing. it is very useful and also stops you from healing too early but sometimes you just have to press the button, 3 fires from a Wooster, 8 people targetting you etc, but I guess at the point you should be praying to the RNG gods that the enemy cannot shoot straight.

TB.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,022 posts
10,935 battles

Ironic.

The meme refers to "necro"-ing a thread, or taking a thread that has had no responses for a long period of time and posting a new reply, resurrecting the conversation.

Such as when you first commented in the thread, it had been inactive for 15 months.

But people will also complain when people create duplicate threads so you really cannot win.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,572 posts
9,539 battles
11 minutes ago, Thwackerblaster said:

I don't get this meme, can you explain it's meaning?

thanks.

It's when someone revives an old thread ... and people usually do not check dates and thread suddenly gets replies to something that was posted years ago :)

In this case ... you are the Necromancer :D

• Cool 1

Players
13 posts
13,233 battles

I see, many thanks for the informative and humorous meme in that case.  I would like to add that I could find no where else in the forum that was talking about this (although there might be) and thought it the best chance I had to get some help in getting an answer. Which, as it happens has worked exactly as I hoped it would, I got help, I got answers. As for dates, I was fully aware of the date s of the posts, but was also aware that the thread had not been put to bed, so to speak. I sure you could create a meme for that!   

"This thread still has a pulse Dr!" for example  : )

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Players
531 posts
9,210 battles
2 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

But people will also complain when people create duplicate threads so you really cannot win.

QFT :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this