Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LittleGentleman

Would someone explain 'heal' mechanics and repairs, please?

5 comments in this topic

Players
189 posts
2,898 battles

Hi,

So I saw in one of Flamu's videos that you take permanent damage on (battleship) whilst you have a cooldown active (not sure if damage control party or heal). Which was news to me even after a couple of thousand battles since I thought you just always took 90% of fire damage etc

As I also understand currently, this does not apply to certain RN Battleships with special heals.

King Regards

LG

[NWP]
Players
4,322 posts
6,214 battles

Im not sure if i understand the question, but ill just explain as it works.

Certain damage types can be healed to different % values. f.e. u get a hit to citadel u can heal less % (10%) than from a fire (100%).

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables#Repair_Party

what video are u talking about?

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Could you elaborate/clarify what you mean exactely?

100% of fire damage should be repairable but normal repair parties (i.e. non-RN) don't restore 100% fire damage of one fire with one charge because it will only restore a certain amount of HP. There usually is a little bit "repairable damage" left.

What do you mean by "taking just 90% fire damage"?

Alpha Tester
1,835 posts
5,303 battles

By "permanent fire/flooding", he meant fires or floods that run for the majority of their duration (60 seconds without modifiers for battleships and 30 seconds for cruisers and destroyers). You can heal this damage later on, but it will hurt a lot if you have two permanent fires or one permanent flooding. You can read more about this here and here.

The Repair Party will heal 100% of fire and flood damage, which is why it is important to properly use your consumables during engagements. In this regard, the Royal Navy heal is identical to the regular ones.

Players
1,058 posts
7,695 battles

Damage control party repairs fires, floods and modules that have been temporarily knocked down but not destroyed.

Repair party repairs certain amount of damage per second (damaged parts of ship get hp back) and is active certain amount of time. Thus, each repair party consumable has a maximum amount of damage it can theoretically heal. Not all damage can be healed; There is light damage like floods or fires which can be fully healed by the repair party, the limitation in this case being how much repair party can heal at maximum. There is also heavy damage like citadel hits, most of which cannot be repaired by the repair party. The amount of health healed by the next repair party used is indicated as a grey bar in your ship's health bar: If the grey bar starts to decrease when you are burning, then next repair party will heal its maximum amount of damage. This is a good indicator for using the repair party.

Sign in to follow this