Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HP_Belgium

Does the Atago needs it's Hitbox finally reviewed ?

8 comments in this topic

[DITA]
Players
7 posts

Ah the Atago, good guns, nice maneuvrability, good stealth, good torpedoes,... But armor ?

Not that the armor is bad by itself, it seems like it's bugged, even at extreme angles or even if it scrape the paint of the ship without actually going in, it would still hit the citadel.

The subject, the Atago, seems to not have been touched since it was out, nor buffed, not nerfed. Yet the armor need a review. Not about how strong it is, but how it react to a shell hitting it.

Even if a shell graze the side armor (Not the front and not plunging fire) at a 89° angle, it will still hit the citadel, like if the shell made a 90° turn into the ship.

I understand there's the caliber as well, but not on this situation.

On this replay, look at the last 1 minute of the game, and the left side of the ship in slow motion.

You will see the shell grazing the side armor of the ship and still touching the citadel.

This happens a lot, like if the citadel was sticking out of the side of the ship.

I know WG doesn't like touching at the stats of premiums, but that's what's killing the older premiums, because so far some of them seems to have been left behind untouched since the game went out.

20171230_160111_PJSC038-Atago-1944_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Atago gets 25mm plating, you'd need 358mm or higher gun caliber to overmatch it. But after that there's the 35mm citadel roof - can't be overmatched.

Her citadel belt is 102mm - can't be overmatched either.

She even gets 41mm deck armour which is more than RN and US BBs get.

Then there is the question - which takes priority over the other - overmatch or autobounce? Should be overmatch, but since BBs somehow can bounce on DDs - not quite so sure.

But she still is just a cruiser, she still gets deleted with the only mistake you made being the fact that you decided to play a cruiser.

AFAIK Atagos already doing well, especially with her heal.

But then again I haven't really played her in a while, so you should get other (actual crusier player) comments here aswell.

28 minutes ago, HP_Belgium said:

know WG doesn't like touching at the stats of premiums

Not quite, they don't like nerfing them. Buffing - no problem :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
123 posts
4,424 battles

Honestly Atago feels pretty good still (as in: I enjoy playing mine, I don't do that well in it), just suffering a bit from not having a cheesemeister gimmick - the heal is boring but solid. 

Like every cruiser though, getting loldeleted is a problem and the appalling AA can and will get you killed by CVs.

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

It feels like I am constantly getting citpenned through the stern, at any angle.

Bow-on she feels more tankier.

Tbh I would be fine with a 1km range buff.

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,480 battles
25 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

It feels like I am constantly getting citpenned through the stern, at any angle.

Welcome to cruiser life, bro.

BTW nowadays I play some more BBs and it's  annoying as hell. It's either devastating strike or 0 hits or 1 overpenetration. There is nothing inbetween. I had games where I had 1 hit in the whole match with QE. Myoko 7 km away full broadside and zero hit. Shells go shotgun and fall in front or behind. Had 3 full shots at it with this.

But then you really sometimes just see a turning cruiser and casually shoot at it for just some dmg and puff, devastating strike and atomic blast.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,258 battles

I've not been seeing a difference in Atago's armor compared to other tier 8 cruisers. If anything it's better, with her 41mm of deck armor which is vastly superior to her tier-mates.

I doubt a heavily angled Atago will get citadelled in any other way than straight bow/stern overmatch by BBs.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
2 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

I had games where I had 1 hit in the whole match with QE.

If you're looking for accuracy RN really isn't the line to go for :Smile_teethhappy:

IJN have flat arcs, quick shells, and small dispersion (at least the horizontal one)

USN make up for those by having excellent sigma.

With RN you won't get anything accurate up to Lion, and even then the accuracy is there just for the closest two thirds of your range.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this