You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Renegade334_S7

Is it possible for the Missouri to come back in the future?

53 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts

Apologies for starting yet another thread about the Mighty Mo's departure, but most topics discuss the soundness (or lack thereof, depending on where you stand) of WG's decision...and I'd like this one to be about alternatives for this ship's future.

I'm a relatively recent WOWS player in the sense that I've been playing on and off for a year, a year and a half, so...I wouldn't know about WG's practices and history, though I hear a lot of unpleasantness every now and then. However, is it possible for WG to alternate the Musashi and Missouri in the future as the T9 FXP ship, or bring back the Missouri at a later date but at a higher FXP tag price to keep pace with the Musashi? (920K FXP instead of 750FXP)

I'm personally not enthused by WG's decision; it's very bad timing for me. It came at a point where I'm feeling quite burnt out by gaming as a whole, and I recently chose to take an extended break from PC games. Suffice to say, with only 113FXP in my EU account and not enough free time to dedicate to playing (the start of the year will be rather loaded for me), I believe I definitely won't be able to make it in time, even with premium time and signal flag witchcraft. I'm far from eager to dole out eighty euros to free-XP my way to the 750K mark. And, yes, I'd very much like to unlock the Missouri, even if it takes me a long time to do it. I already have the Yamato and, while its LOLpen guns are nice, I don't enjoy it as much (for some reason, manure flies around whenever I get in my Yammy - either I get teamkilled or my team just ignores my calls for support) as I did the Iowa, so the Musashi holds no appeal for me.

So, could WG do any of the following rather than deprive us of this remarkable ship?

- Rotate the Musashi with Missouri, let's say on a monthly basis.

- Reinsert the Missouri at T9 but at a higher FXP price tag (920K FXP)

- Make the Missouri the reward ship of a LONG, permanent campaign (like, a "capitulation of Japan" event)

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,502 posts
15,364 battles

@Renegade334_S7

- Reinsert the Missouri at T9 but at a higher FXP price tag (920K FXP) is the most likely option. 

There is a good chance we will not see Missouri again.. HOWEVER there were 4 ships in the class and all 4 still exist as museum ships.

We may not see Missouri but we may get USS New Jersey or USS Wisconsin instead.

And WELCOME to the Forum

• Cool 4

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,290 posts
7,655 battles

knowing wg marketing skills then its yes as a £200 package that they claim will be a "one off" never to happen again ect ect

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts

I don't think Missouri will be back. WG has stated a number of times that, in hindsight, they think it was way too cheap.

Giving her a higher price might be a nice solution, but people will complain about the inflation. Besides, knowing WG, they'll just throw such a sensible idea in the bin before even discussing it :Smile_trollface: 

I'm sorry OP, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I just don't see it happening :Smile_sad:

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,426 posts
6,333 battles

She is still in game and not going to be removed for quite some time still, so it is a bit premature to be speculating about her return ;) However... Never say never.

Players
7 posts

We are discussion about alternatives for AFTER that two-month grace period. I will be extremely busy in the next weeks, so I'm afraid I won't be able to get the Missouri unless I decide to fork the money, an option I'm not cool with at the moment.

If WG backtracks on its decision to withdraw the Mighty Mo, I'll be a happy camper (no pun intended), but otherwise it'd be nice to have ways to get the Missouri after the Musashi comes, since that ship won't be to everyone's taste.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,502 posts
15,364 battles
6 minutes ago, Renegade334_S7 said:

We are discussion about alternatives for AFTER that two-month grace period. I will be extremely busy in the next weeks, so I'm afraid I won't be able to get the Missouri unless I decide to fork the money, an option I'm not cool with at the moment.

If WG backtracks on its decision to withdraw the Mighty Mo, I'll be a happy camper (no pun intended), but otherwise it'd be nice to have ways to get the Missouri after the Musashi comes, since that ship won't be to everyone's taste.

Don't forget HMS Nelson is still there so you have the choice of her.. And she is an absolute BEAST..

[XODUS]
Players
778 posts
4,515 battles

Speculation
Missouri will be back for a period in June 2019 to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of her commissioning 

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Hopefully not, that abomination should have been pulled long ago... But shekels are shekels I guess

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles
7 hours ago, Tuccy said:

She is still in game and not going to be removed for quite some time still, so it is a bit premature to be speculating about her return ;) However... Never say never.

When is the date roughly ? Are we looking at a few months ?

Players
2,160 posts
8 minutes ago, Orangeminus said:

I think you can read the line you quoted as it's gone for good once replaced by Musashi, but at some point in the future they may change their minds. Don't expect a date or even IF it would ever happen.

It's always possible, but don't hold your breath and it's best not to try to read things into what's been said but you would like to imply a meaning that's not there.

Players
98 posts
3,475 battles
18 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I think you can read the line you quoted as it's gone for good once replaced by Musashi, but at some point in the future they may change their minds. Don't expect a date or even IF it would ever happen.

It's always possible, but don't hold your breath and it's best not to try to read things into what's been said but you would like to imply a meaning that's not there.

I don't care about that, I just want to know how long I've got to make the 300k free exp I'm missing before she goes away with the update

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
29 minutes ago, Orangeminus said:

Yes we are. The previous patch note said :

With the release of Update 0.7.2, the Tier IX battleship Missouri will become unavailable for purchase in-game indefinitely. We are preparing to roll out a new Tier IX battleship that can be acquired with free XP. We decided that two ships occupying the same niche at the same time is one too many. Players will still be able to get the Missouri for about two more months.

Seeing as 0.7.0 is now in public test, it will be January update, which means 0.7.1 will arive end of February with 0.7.2 likely hitting halfway/end of March.

So as of now, you have approximately 2 - 2,5 months to grind Missouri, then she will be gone.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
[HOO]
Beta Tester
229 posts
6,918 battles
8 hours ago, Tuccy said:

lol, wise words in deed.

She'll be back, if enough people wants it, someday :)

Players
2,160 posts
17 minutes ago, Orangeminus said:

I don't care about that, I just want to know how long I've got to make the 300k free exp I'm missing before she goes away with the update

I read it as you were asking when it will return after it's removed, which is kindof the thread title.

From what's been said previously and in this thread the removal is likely in late Feb to March time frame, but that could change as we've seen with T61 and Roma fully expected last December.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
10 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I read it as you were asking when it will return after it's removed, which is kindof the thread title.

From what's been said previously and in this thread the removal is likely in late Feb to March time frame, but that could change as we've seen with T61 and Roma fully expected last December.

I don't think so. The arrival of Musashi can be postponed of course, but I don't think they'll delay the removal of Missouri. That was quite an explicit statement they made. Only real option to postpone Missouri's removal would be to delay patch 0.7.2 by a few months :Smile-_tongue:

[MIRAI]
Players
160 posts
8,047 battles
9 hours ago, Renegade334_S7 said:

I'm personally not enthused by WG's decision; it's very bad timing for me. It came at a point where I'm feeling quite burnt out by gaming as a whole, and I recently chose to take an extended break from PC games. Suffice to say, with only 113FXP in my EU account and not enough free time to dedicate to playing (the start of the year will be rather loaded for me), I believe I definitely won't be able to make it in time, even with premium time and signal flag witchcraft. I'm far from eager to dole out eighty euros to free-XP my way to the 750K mark. And, yes, I'd very much like to unlock the Missouri, even if it takes me a long time to do it. I already have the Yamato and, while its LOLpen guns are nice, I don't enjoy it as much (for some reason, manure flies around whenever I get in my Yammy - either I get teamkilled or my team just ignores my calls for support) as I did the Iowa, so the Musashi holds no appeal for me.

Thats what WG wants you to do. Good boy.

Alpha Tester
2,053 posts
2,767 battles

I'm tempted to bet on a 1:35 XP conversion "just right in time" before she's removed from the tree...

[BIA]
Beta Tester
368 posts
2,913 battles

Answers: No, no, no.... Missouri is cheap... must be removed with worst ships and cost will be higher. Get Missouri before remove or start another cry topic after remove....

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
262 posts

I must say , there are some smart people at WG that really know how to play with the masses.  To play such a dirty and cheap marketing game just  so people waste their money on a hysteria ship is really smart  and also the moment chosen to announce this (right with holidays so people have and spend cash) is really nice.

Already being the most played BB (clearly 90% of who had it spend gold/money to freexp) it probably stopped selling too well and they decided to make one last push to get the money from people afraid they might lose it.  Milking like a pro.

That is one of the reason you are not going to see my money any time soon.

Hoping that one day you will lose these pathetic milking attempts and start worrying about improving this game. Right now you transformed it into P2W , most best ships in ranked are all premium. World of Premium.

[HOB]
1,309 posts
5,810 battles

It should be possibility to pay 250k free XP now to hold access to buy Missouri. After removing from sale player will be able to pay next 500k free XP and get this ship.

Missouri is not removed for "too many free-exp BB". Wargaming wants to get money for converting XP. Like 10-tier tanks in WOT.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,446 posts
9,306 battles
1 hour ago, Eraser_SK said:

Answers: No, no, no.... Missouri is cheap... must be removed with worst ships and cost will be higher. Get Missouri before remove or start another cry topic after remove....

latest?cb=20131213135053

• Funny 1

[BIA]
Beta Tester
368 posts
2,913 battles
4 minutes ago, aboomination said:

latest?cb=20131213135053

You know im right... and im not happy with this... :D