Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eache

Tier 8 ships for ranked and random

26 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts
1,001 battles

I got 14k doubloons from Santas containers and decided to get a new tier 8 premium. I will use the new ship in ranked games together with the Atago I already own. The goal is to try and push for Rank 1.

The choices are:

-LoYang. Looks like the most popular dd in ranked. I like to play dds but are not interested in PanAsia dd grind in random games. So outside of ranked games I wont play LoYang much. I wish I got the Kidd as I could use it as a captain trainer for US commanders in random.

-Alabama. Never had a interest in this ship until testing it out on another account. Was positively surprised by the manuverebility and good guns. I was preforming very good in both random and ranked games with this ship. I liked the ship and the playstyle. I do not own the NCarolina.

-Tirpitz. This is the ship I would like to get the most, but I'm unsure of it performance in ranked games at top ranks. I have played the Tirpitz before too and know how to play it. What bathers me is that the guns felt somehow underwhelming after playing the Alabama. Still I like the history of the ship and its beautiful. I also like the aggressive play and the uniqueness of german bb playstyle. 

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

I will say what everyone else is going to say.

With just 57 (only 5 in PvP) battles under your belt you really should not be looking to play at T8

Sorry, truth is unkind

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,675 posts
9,605 battles

All solid choices - but I would rate the Tirpitz last.

Thing is ....... what are you experienced and skilled in using? If this is not some sort of re-roll account I strongly advise you to get some experience in the game first - at least grind to those T8 yourselves - and stay  away from ranked until then.

• Cool 2

Players
2,159 posts

With no skilled captain, for the sake of us all stay as far away from Ranked as you can possibly get, there are far too many utterly useless players as it is.

Tier 8 is not the place to start the game and certainly not the place to start where your actions and inexperience will drag your team down. T9 ships frequently get in games with many if not most at T10.

Start at T1 and work your way up, learn the characteristics of the ship lines and the tactics for playing the ship types, if you don't you will be nothing more than a liability to the other 11 people forced to be in the same team and an unavoidable cause of losses and annoyance. 

Players
15 posts
1,001 battles

Guys thx for replies, but please answer the question about ships not about my  experience or lack of it.

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
165 posts
5,329 battles

I watched flamu playing ranked on RU yesterday. He used the Lo-Yang with a 4pt captain, and did fine. But then, he is far, far away from being an average player. He would probably outperform the average player with a 19pt captain with him using a zero skilled captain. Obviously you are an experienced player with this as a reroll account, maybe you can succeed in the Lo-Yang too? 

From what I have seen the Alabama seems to be used a lot, but also the Lo-Yang has its place in ranked. Tirpitz might do good, but probably dependant on a captain with secondary build that your reroll acount does not have yet.

• Cool 1

[WGP2D]
Beta Tester
16 posts
8,264 battles

Lo yang and Alabama are both great picks. Tirpitz can also be a great choice, although i would rate it slightly below first two. However all three ships have very different playstyle, and that should be your primary concern. Not always one does best with the highest rated ships. Depends a lot on personal playstyle.

• Cool 1

Players
2,159 posts

Play the ship lines, learn which you like the best and suits the tactics you're comfortable with. Plonking yourself into a Tier 8 with no knowledge of the characteristics which you can only gain by experience is insane. You won't even have an idea of how to use the consumables sensibly let alone optimally. 

On top of that a Captain with 0 skill points (or 3 if you recruit one with doubloons) is a massive issue as you will lack all sorts of perks that others have built up levelling the lines.

All of the ships you've named play well, but none will be anything other than junk in novice hands.  

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles

57 battles, 5 of them in PvP. Are you even high enough account level to play ranked? This isn't the last season ever, play some matches, learn how the game works. General rule of thumb is - don't buy premiums higher than your highest line ship of that type.

By starting to play tier 8 with absolutely no background experience you'll just be a massive headache to your whole team inevitably leading to far more losses than you would get if you actually climbed your way up there.

• Cool 1

[GWDYS]
Players
370 posts
2,933 battles

Dont buy t8 premium until you grind to t8 with regular ships or you will get slaughtered

[SCRUB]
Players
2,675 posts
9,605 battles
1 hour ago, Eache said:

Guys thx for replies, but please answer the question about ships not about my  experience or lack of it.

It very much is. I would make my answer dependent on the amount of experience and result you got with your ships to be able to gravitate towards one of those 3: The most OP p2w ship ever is wrong with you if you cant play that class/style ...

Like if you are good at brawling, with DDs or BBs ........ now guess whats 5 pvp battles in T1 ship is telling me? ........ Exactly!

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles
12 minutes ago, Asakka said:

Dont buy t8 premium until you grind to t8 with regular ships or you will get slaughtered

OP already has an Atago, and used it in ranked.

I think this is a second account.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,436 posts
6,504 battles
1 minute ago, The_Tyke said:

Yeah it's most likely a smurf

[-TXG-]
Players
2,429 posts

OP is trolling you...He obviously has another, probably decent account and knows all about which ship he will buy. He is mostly getting the LTP replies that he fished for and is probably sat sniggering away very pleased with himself. :Smile_sceptic:

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

if you are a re-roll account, you should know which ships are better for ranked without asking

However, LO yang >> Alabama >> Tirpitz. but in general, you should play the ship you are most confortable with.

At higher tiers (10-5 and 5-1 especially) there are some ships who are clearly inferior to others and should not be played, like Lexington, Russian dds, hipper etc.

In your case, Tirpitz is worse than other two, but if you plan to grind the silver line, choose the premium who fits your needs.

If you aren't a re-roll, you shouldn't be playing ranked at all.

[AAO]
Players
401 posts
7,170 battles

Funny thing is tirpitz can and will work in right hands. It can torp those potatoes with ease and carry games, but if you have skill in other accounts its about your predered class, Lo Yang > Alabama.

Players
15 posts
1,001 battles

Come on guys don't complicate things. I asked a question about ships and most of you are making a fuzz about whether I'm this or that. I have been playing since beta but had a few very long breaks and I started a new account. Logically LoYang is the best option, but I'm thinking about getting the Kidd later so LoYang is not very tempting. I even wrote that in my first post. I like the Tirpitz the most of the 3 ships, but I feel I could preform better with the Alabama and LoYang. So I'm undecided and asked about your opinion.

Thx to everyone who answered my question. 

[GWDYS]
Players
370 posts
2,933 battles
2 hours ago, The_Tyke said:

Oh i see. My bad then :)

Players
1,497 posts
3,883 battles
10 minutes ago, Eache said:

Come on guys don't complicate things. I asked a question about ships and most of you are making a fuzz about whether I'm this or that. I have been playing since beta but had a few very long breaks and I started a new account.

To be fair, you didn't say you were re-rolling. In fact, just one look at your number of played battles told us you were a newb looking to find the most OP premium ship and playing it in ranked battles.

I don't think the 'complication' was unjustified, as the rest of us didn't want to see someone who didn't know how to play the game screwing up our Ranked Battles experience.

Have a good day and good luck on those high seas. :Smile_honoring:

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
284 posts
14,105 battles
36 minutes ago, veslingr said:

LoYang. Dominant dd. Best ship for t8 ranked. 

Have her with 19p captain and also have Kidd with 19p skipper - after 15 battles in ranked I still did not sail with LoYang...  Kidd offers a  massive heal advantage, more HP,  stronger Fletcher guns and  DFAA against planes. But both DDs are exceptionally good for ranked.

Players
2,159 posts

All of the ships listed play perfectly well assuming you know how to play the line and know the effective tactics of the class. Kidd with only 1 set of torpedo tubes is limiting, but it's not so easy to kill, personally I feel it's not ideal, but can work in Ranked.

If a new account lack of Captain perks at T8 is still a major concern unless you're a ludicrously good player. DD without Last Stand and Concealment expert is at a large disadvantage especially in Ranked. 

[DIKI]
Players
1,227 posts
299 battles
13 minutes ago, Max_Kammerer said:

Have her with 19p captain and also have Kidd with 19p skipper - after 15 battles in ranked I still did not sail with LoYang...  Kidd offers a  massive heal advantage, more HP,  stronger Fletcher guns and  DFAA against planes. But both DDs are exceptionally good for ranked.

Dd in ranked are all about spot and cap. And 5.5 hydro is gamebraker here. 

Basicly all other dds need to abandon cap if Lo Yang goes in. 

Still other dds are good and workable. 

P.s.

Kidd is not in shop now. 

Sign in to follow this