You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DB2212

epicentre

epicentre  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy playing epicentre map modes

• Yes
    • No
    • They can be fun sometimes
  2. 2. Do you look forward to epicentre map modes

• Yes
    • No
    • I'd rather smack my head off a wall than play it
    • I've smacked my head off a wall, let's play it
  3. 3. Do you have fun playing epicentre?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
  4. 4. Would you like to see an increased occurence of epicentre map modes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Please god, let me never see it again
    • Please god, make every game epicentre mode
  5. 5. When the game starts, do you hold your breath and pray that epicentre is the mode that isn't going to start?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Do you want to see epicentre happening as frequently as it does?

• More frequently
    • Less frequently
    • About the same
    • Always epicentre mode
    • Never epicentre mode
  7. 7. Do you think mods ever visit the forums or, if they do, do they care about what we think?

• Don't visit, don't care
    • Do visit, don't care
    • Do visit, do care

29 comments in this topic

Players
584 posts
5,721 battles

I really hate epicentre map modes. I don't find them fun. I don't find the scoring system logical. There's nothing about epicentre that makes me want to play but there's everything about epicentre which makes me want to press W and go and do something else instead.

Am I alone with feeling like this?

12 games tonight, 4 of which epicentre. And I've had enough of it.

"Customer care" aren't interested and direct me to the suggestions thread, because devs really look at our suggestions.

Really, they do.

Apparently.

I don't believe that for one minute.

Please vote and let them know if you agree or disagree.

• Boring 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
12 minutes ago, DB2212 said:

You want to trade? Ill take it. You can have my standard-battles.

Seriously - Im all in for an option, so that one can play only the gametype, he liked to play (or atleast opt-out of one, he doesnt want to play). Same for maps, there we should have the option to mark maps, we dont want to play. Brining low-range cruiser on Tears of the Desert is equaly stupid as playing Ocean in a Donskoi.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
15,933 posts
11,179 battles
2 hours ago, DB2212 said:

I really hate epicentre map modes. I don't find them fun. I don't find the scoring system logical. There's nothing about epicentre that makes me want to play but there's everything about epicentre which makes me want to press W and go and do something else instead.

Am I alone with feeling like this?

"Customer care" aren't interested and direct me to the suggestions thread, because devs really look at our suggestions.

Really, they do.

Apparently.

I don't believe that for one minute.

Please vote and let them know if you agree or disagree.

You know that mods visit here daily...

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Questions 2, 4 and 6 lack the "don't care" answer. Would be a good addition to other questions aswell I guess

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

You want to trade? Ill take it. You can have my standard-battles.

I'm joining in on this trade, take all of my standard battles aswell. Sometimes it feels like other gamemodes don't exist anymore

• Cool 1

Players
2,160 posts

Epicentre is only a pain when the team flat out refuses (or has no idea how) to play objectives, with the exception of the Tears map that outright sucks in any mode.

The scoring is simple to understand and favours objective play better than any other mode. It would help a lot if there was a clear tutorial which explains how the capture mechanics work in the mode, campers lose unless the team with middle capped collapses.

Standard Battle on the other hand is so skewed towards selfish damage based scoring and outright kill stealing that it really needs some rework.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

I hate epicenter! Not because of what's the point of that mode but because of people don't know how to play it.

[NWP]
Players
850 posts
6,750 battles

I like Epicentre (except Tears, obviously). I like that it forces contact, at least for DDs and the more adventurous cruisers (of which I am one).

Standard battles are the worst. They encourage lemming training in the worst teams, which of course leads to the more switched on players desperately fighting a rearguard in a light cruiser or something.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Like repeately said I'm not a fan neither a hater. I can understand the reasoning behind the map build. It's only absolutely aweful in the Tears map. I'm finding myself more and more tempting to just take my loss and head straight to the next game when this one is on.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts

Epicentre is good mode. It is true it doesn't work on every map, but it is fun to play. Easy way to make huge amount of experience if you live long enough to cap.

1 and 3 as well as 4 and 6 seem to me as exactly same question and when it comes to 7 my salt detector gives positive reading...

Low number of votes, but at the moment people don't enjoy epicentre, but have fun playing it... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles

It's not great on every map, but at least on something like Trident, when epicentre loads, I frequently feel happy to have a game mode where the team won't lose cause they lemming train on one flank and leave the base open to be capped. Honestly, I think maps need top be reworked to give more cover in the centre, to make that area an area worth pushing into and contest (rather than just making it a shooting gallery with the targets being anyone suicidal enough to move in), not remove epicentre as a mode.

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Players
310 posts
6,979 battles

I still prefer Epicenter over standard battle. If you get an awful team, at least the battle is over pretty quickly...

Beta Tester
634 posts
11,513 battles

I  always remind my team it's epiCENTRE - not epiEDGE! But you still get ships sailing down the 1-2 & 9-10 lines, sniping at things and hoping someone else will take the risks and stop the enemy from capping. Can be a little boring if you are in a DD or CA and have to hide behind an island all game just to block the enemy capping because you are the only one who'll stay in the cap.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
206 posts
26,297 battles

Epicenter should be played with Ocean map only; no islands to sit behind and do nothing

• Cool 3

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
284 posts
14,132 battles
23 minutes ago, Durin_VI said:

Epicenter should be played with Ocean map only; no islands to sit behind and do nothing

It is a big problem with today crazy MM system - often one team has three radar ships, the second one is without radars. Ocean map is totally brutal for radarless team in standard modes (my experience: several battles in DD in radarless team), and will be almost unplayble in epicentre...

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
36 minutes ago, Durin_VI said:

If you like having everything smaller than a BB die trying to cap while the BBs act as if they are allergic to the concentric circles in the middle, sure. Cruisers and DDs need those islands and as I said earlier, I find on maps like Trident with the big middle island, the whole mode works quite decent. Sure, the DDs and CA/CLs will use that island (and the others) to shield themselves from enemy fire, but they need it. It is then up to whatever team manages to get the better angles on the flanks or, if the opposing team plays completely terrible, win the centre to win, which makes flanking maneuvers quite useful. If you have a map like Ocean, the DDs and cruisers will just spot each other in the cap (or one side will radar the other and delete all the uncovered DDs) and all the BBs will wreck them.

Players
588 posts
4,771 battles

The only people who hate epicenter enough to make a rigged poll about it are the ones scared of cap circles.

The mode is fine and so is its frequency, a decent way to shake things up, the only problem is when it is on Tears of the Desert, and that is more the map's fault anyways.

• Bad 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Question 7 lacks "don't visit, do care" since they have staff and people that from time to time take a look at the forums and make arrive to them opinions they may find relevant. What I'm not gonna do is argue what's relevant or not for them.

As for epicenter mode, epicenter is fine. Some maps are not *cough* Tears of the cruisers *cough*.

Other than that I like epicenter. I'm not hoping every match is epicenter but the current amount of times we get epicenter is fine. I have to admit most of the time I'm about to quit and simply go AFK when it's epicenter + Tears of the cruisers, but that's because of the map, not the mode.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,358 posts
11,268 battles

Epicenter mode is fun.

TotD needs to go.

And TotD-Epicenter combination should be tattooed on the face of whoever decided to combine the two, so that the world will know who to keep away from.

No, seriously, I like Epicenter but it's certainly not the mode suitable for every single map out there - and TotD is one of these that never should've been seriously considered as an option.

Players
584 posts
5,721 battles
18 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Epicentre is only a pain when the team flat out refuses (or has no idea how) to play objectives, with the exception of the Tears map that outright sucks in any mode.

The scoring is simple to understand and favours objective play better than any other mode. It would help a lot if there was a clear tutorial which explains how the capture mechanics work in the mode, campers lose unless the team with middle capped collapses.

15 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

I hate epicenter! Not because of what's the point of that mode but because of people don't know how to play it.

Is it really no one knows how to play it, or is it that folk left WoT because WoT became a fast moving frenzy of go here, shoot everything NOW farce?
WoWs was slower paced with some time to react to the developing situations. I liked that.

epicentre just feels like a mad rush to become as stupid as WoT became.

My questions were poorly asked, there can be no real considered result from the answers. But it would be nice if WG noted that 30% of responders would rather never see the mode.

Give us the option to opt out of this mode please WG.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,723 posts
7,565 battles

I'm a huge not-fan and would like to be able to deselect this mode, rather like assault and encounter can be deselected in WoT.

• Cool 2

[TS1]
Players
586 posts
7,618 battles

I like Epicentre. The only exception being if I'm in a cruiser playing on you know what map. That map is fine in the other game modes though.

Would be funny to see Epicentre on North though.