Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Miessa3

About the shiphorns..... How do i deactivate it?

11 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,406 posts
7,851 battles

No seriously.....

I feel really dumb for asking this but somehow I can't find a topic on this so I am either really dumb or the only one that really hates to hear those horns in the game and made the effort to get rid of it (and actualy use the forum)

So how do i do it?

I tried to remove the check on the option "enable ship horns" like you can see in the picture below (that is how it is suppose to work i guessed) but all it did was making me unable to use MY horn by pressing "n" but i can still clearly hear my teammates banging away on those (imo) stupid and annoying ship horns......

shot-18.01.02_02.08.49-0484.jpg

Am I alone with this?

Am I the only player that don't want to hear this? (especially with the hohoho)

Is that working as intended?

What is going on?

I hope you can help me. :Smile_sad: (If I am the only one with this problem please say so so i can rather ask support about it but i doubt that is the case as i play  a vanilla client)

Players
2,160 posts

Personally I don't mind the ship horns, but it's a reasonable thing to ask for as I can see how it could get irritating. 

If there's a way to turn off hearing other people's ship horns I'm not aware of it.

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles

Dont actually think its possible buddy, Im sure the Santa 'Ho Ho Ho' is probably going to be removed relatively soon with the holidays being over, As for the horn itself, Could either be removed, but im sure if they do decide to keep it, it would be without the santa SFX and im sure if its permanent they'd have to implement some audio slider or on / off for it.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
4 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

I tried to remove the check on the option "enable ship horns" but all it did was making me unable to use MY horn by pressing "n" but i can still clearly hear my teammates banging away on those (imo) stupid and annoying ship horns......

Sorry mate but that is just :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

I mean, that's probably a bug, I'll check it if I get the same when I'm playing this morning :cap_like:

[W_I_G]
[W_I_G]
Players
165 posts
20,927 battles

same here, removed the check from the box, just deny me from using it, i can still hear people spamming it.... good job WG

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Even better! Horns will stay in game. They will remove Santa/bells effects and we will have regular horns. Maybe it's gonna be less irritative for ye then.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

I find the 'ho ho ho' a bit annoying, but the horns themselves aren't too bad; I suspect this is mainly because I haven't seen them being used excessively, but I may be just lucky in that respect...

[ELCH]
Players
61 posts
7,227 battles
13 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

I tried to remove the check on the option "enable ship horns" like you can see in the picture below (that is how it is suppose to work i guessed) but all it did was making me unable to use MY horn by pressing "n" but i can still clearly hear my teammates banging away on those (imo) stupid and annoying ship horns......

It's a bug. When you disable the horns, they're completely off for that session (meaning yours and from others). Once you shut down the client and restart it, the horns from others are back but your own is still disabled (despite the "Enable ship horns" option still unchecked). You need to reenable the horns, apply the changes and disable them again.

[XODUS]
Players
778 posts
4,511 battles
19 minutes ago, Niibler said:

Maybe WG can sell horns in the premium shop too :D

Yeah... that would be tempting.

Also personally i do not mind the Fog Horns, i just wish there was some consistency as some Destroyers sound like Battleships and vice versa.
and i swear that one horn type reminds me of this. (I think its on the Donskoi)  

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
2 hours ago, Niibler said:

Maybe WG can sell horns in the premium shop too :D

Don't get them ideas of selling the permanent hohoho effect. Some people may buy it. :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this