You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
P2Win

Minimap

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,041 battles

It's no doubt that the mini-map in this game provide valuable information that improve your game play. 

How many of you guys/girls don't pay enough attention to minimap? I am guilty as one of those person who sometime completely ignore minimap and it often lead to me having to load into a next game.

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles

Id say depends on the ship. Playing BB u can stare at the Minimap all the time since u dont have much to do in those 20-30 secs your guns are on reload.

Playing Cruiser u need to watch the minimap constantly also but u need to shoot, angle, evade torps and all that stuff too (when u are detected). Also the faster u shoot, the harder it is to watch the Minimap. DakaDaka Neptune in smoke makes u easily distracted :cap_haloween:

DDs similiar to Cruisers id say, but not that much since u will be undetected more often. But knowing where enemy DDs and Radar ships are is ofc vital.

CVs well.. ye they got some time in between sometimes, but mostly they need to know where are AA ships and where is the next target going. Other than that its focusing on the squads and fighting enemy planes and so on.

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,246 battles

The minimap (when i remeber to pay atention to it :Smile_veryhappy:

helps alot, knowing where the torp bombers are headed, where the DD's are (if theyrs one or two) 

but sometimes it's still too small (i dont use mods so) 

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
176 posts
13,156 battles

LaMM (LookatMiniMap)

Was the name of my DOTA clan. And if I made a clan in Wows I would have named it to.

Unless I'm in a heated gunbattle/doge battle I'm looking on the mini-map. That still tends to get you killed becouse your the first (and only) one to react to incoming threats.

But makes me an exceptional CV player (only than my map ain't Mini, to bad the "scroll up" to leave map mode is so Laggy/bugged).

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

I do pay a lot of attention... as long as I'm not in the tick of battle where I have to pay attention who's where (especially DDs and torps), how I angle and against whom, who I'm going to shoot & when will I do it and so on. At that point I really appreciate having a divisionmate who can pay attention to that in my place :cap_happy:

Playing Support in League for a few years really taught me the minimap discipline :cap_haloween:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,909 posts
7,759 battles

Yeah, sometimes i play half of the game just looking at mini map.

I also use mini map mod, that provides smoother (more visible) circles... cant do without.

• Cool 2

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

I always have an eye on the minimap because of only one reason. I made it in such size you can't miss it even if you want to.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

As much as I'd like to have a reason to keep playing my cruisers I pretty much turned into a BB main considering how screwed cruisers have been since months so I have plenty of time to look how beautiful the minimap is between salvos. :cap_book:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Yeah, sometimes i play half of the game just looking at mini map.

I also use mini map mod, that provides smoother (more visible) circles... cant do without.

Same here! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I always keep a very keen eye on my minimap. Enlarged it to the second largest dimension. WG should fix 1 bug in this game though: those islands jumping in front of my ship!!! Remove them!

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,446 posts
9,306 battles

Sometimes I will miss the information that our base is being capped. I focus mainly on ship positions, apparently :cap_wander:

But it's not too bad.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,909 posts
7,759 battles
On 01/02/2018 at 1:51 PM, Ferry_25 said:

I always keep a very keen eye on my minimap. Enlarged it to the second largest dimension. WG should fix 1 bug in this game though: those islands jumping in front of my ship!!! Remove them!

Specialy the alcatraz on Neighbours ;)

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
1,785 posts
16,172 battles

If I can aim just by using minimap then I dont need anything else than minimap :cap_look: 

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles

i use the minimap as mutch as  possible.

But ofc there are those moments i tunnelvision and a wild dd/bb apears :Smile_hiding:

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Specialy the alcatraz on Neighbours ;)

oooh!! Yeah!! That rat somehow manages to nail me nearly every time!!! So glad I'm not the only one with that problem! Also the left mountain on 2 brothers is a sneaky bastard!

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
On 2/1/2018 at 1:52 PM, aboomination said:

Sometimes I will miss the information that our base is being capped. I focus mainly on ship positions, apparently :cap_wander:

But it's not too bad.

Same here. I tend to notice but from time to time I'm fighting someone and I pay more attention to my position than at the cap.