Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
johy2

DDs 20sec

55 comments in this topic

Players
56 posts
3,312 battles

Hi guys, i would like to hear your opinion on 20 secs of extended spotting range after fire when you play DDs. I dont have anything against this mechanic but i think 20 secs for DDs is too much. For other clases it is not so important, but for DDs, oh boy. You fire that one shot to finish enemy, and get 20 secs of pounding  with low HP. Disgusting. 

[NWP]
Players
6,773 posts
7,583 battles

The only real problem is, that BBs do get to stealth up between salvoes, while both DDs and Cruisers cant. I could live with 20 secs for DDs and CAs if BBs would get 30 or = reload of guns.

[2137]
[2137]
Weekend Tester
318 posts
6,508 battles

It should be decresed to a certain level, so that DD can safely retreat but ships like Spamson won't disappear after each salvo. A perk limited to a few uses per battle that allows you to instantly get undetected would be nice.

• Cool 1

Players
4,689 posts
8,405 battles
3 minutes ago, johy2 said:

For other clases it is not so important

Well. For a BB the 20 sec is awesome. Often he can "blink". which is funny, cuz WG said, the 20 sec wont be lowered, cuz they dont want ships to blink. The time should be according to guncalibre. Maybe calibre in sec = gunbloom. As in :

406 mm BBs = 40,6 sec.

152 mm CL = 15,2 sec.

127 mm DD/CL = 12,7 sec.

Thats a fair way imo, if i dont miss anything out of the order.

• Cool 5

Players
56 posts
3,312 battles

Yeah but BBs are spotted most of the time, so idk i dont play BBS. I only want DDs to shine haha, i cant live with things that can spot you in DD, it sucks to play dds when there are Spotter Planes, Radar, Sonar, Decreased concealment. From stealth warriors to ships that are more time spotted than not.

@ForlornSailor well now that is good idea.

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles

Well on our way to removing stealth mechanics from the game completely.

BBabies dont like getting hit by things they cant see.

BBaby meme.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
12,032 battles
32 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

WG said, the 20 sec wont be lowered, cuz they dont want ships to blink.

the RN BBs allready do that 

mang

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

I agree gun bloom should not be uniform with huge BB guns having the same bloom as the relatively tiny DD and cruiser guns, blinking in and out is a reality for more than just the RN BB's. There are quite a few BB's with smaller than cruiser detection ranges which is very silly.

As mentioned the bloom should have a tie in to gun size and be a lot shorter for the smaller guns and longer for the BB guns.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,213 posts
17,241 battles
59 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Well. For a BB the 20 sec is awesome. Often he can "blink". which is funny, cuz WG said, the 20 sec wont be lowered, cuz they dont want ships to blink. The time should be according to guncalibre. Maybe calibre in sec = gunbloom. As in :

406 mm BBs = 40,6 sec.

152 mm CL = 15,2 sec.

127 mm DD/CL = 12,7 sec.

Thats a fair way imo, if i dont miss anything out of the order.

Has been proposed (several times...) already, but as it would be a direct nerf to BaBBies it will never happen.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RN]
Alpha Tester
920 posts

if they would agree to change that i would recomend the gun calibre (inch) x 2 equals time

5" = 10sec

6" = 12 sec

8" = 16 sec

15" = 30 sec

16" = 32 sec

18" = 36 sec

examples of the most common gun calibres in game

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles
16 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Has been proposed (several times...) already, but as it would be a direct nerf to BaBBies it will never happen.

Pretty much this.

[_DIB_]
Players
139 posts
11,804 battles
1 hour ago, SovietFury43 said:

Well on our way to removing stealth mechanics from the game completely.

BBabies dont like getting hit by things they cant see.

Yea, it just not BB Babbies, but all class of ships. Yea lets just nerf everything thing, including map size so that all players don't have to learn their ships, strategies and play time etc. Make it all  like world of tanks! I am being sarcastic for those that comprehend it. Its a new year and time for those to take their hello kitty shorts off and not worry about scratching there paint, learn their ships to improve and not by nerfing anything. If you all want to play something easy or quick then play marbles (no not the ones in your pockets either), world of tanks or tetris on slow mode. Ships that have been nerfed have suffered enough. The older players know these ships and how they use to perform and now there more or less obsolete with all the added radar, hydro, stealth firing mechanics changes, torpedo changes and smoke mechanic changes etc. 

No matter what nerf will be done we will still have the lemon trains, island defensive huggers, boarder huggers and ship that will hang back to farm damage at the other guys expense (referring to DD's that try to spot, cap and torp without support when directed to cap as requested) etc.

Maybe some of these DD's should have there original items restored to actually have a real fighting chances to survive (the above statement). And yes this will cause allot of controversy and people putting up stat and other whatever, but the actual game play hold more weight than just stats(stats don't really tell how the set really went it just tell a small portion of a set and usually for the end of the set), like the unknown of Random selection mode of what kind of team you will be on (like what is stated in the above statement or not.)

What should change is maps, more added to the current list of what been rerun for the past couple of years. Not to where there smaller either, ( if want that, then play world of tanks for small quick game plays), but something different in set up. Maps that have been deleted is because of players in the second paragraph.

If you want something simple to play without any brain work there are plenty of other games out there.

After all that vented,

I wish you all have a Happy New Year! And see you on the High Seas in the year.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles

I wonder if it would be possible to sue Wargaming for false advertisement.

After all the game is officially called "World of Warships" but is actually "World of Battleships". It gives people a sense that the game contains gameplay with multiple ship classes, while in reality pretty much only Battleships are still viable.

• Boring 1

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
607 posts
8,706 battles
10 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

After all the game is officially called "World of Warships" but is actually "World of Battleships". It gives people a sense that the game contains gameplay with multiple ship classes, while in reality pretty much only Battleships are still viable.

But you know that the original name for this game was World of Battleships?  ☺ Overpopulation is a problem. But tonight have actually been the opposite. My check fewer battleships ☺ Strange. 

[NWP]
Players
6,773 posts
7,583 battles
44 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

Nope, WG.EU actually got it right (just search for WoWs or World or warships... heck i tried world of battleships and it works fine LOL)

wows.jpg

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
4 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Well. For a BB the 20 sec is awesome. Often he can "blink". which is funny, cuz WG said, the 20 sec wont be lowered, cuz they dont want ships to blink. The time should be according to guncalibre. Maybe calibre in sec = gunbloom. As in

I wouldn't call it blinking. And it is only half right. WG not only wants ships to not blink but they want players to have enough time to react. That's why you don't get 5 or 10 seconds gun bloom on your destroyers and cruisers. Think from the average player's perspective. They already need what feels like at least 5 minutes to adapt to a new situation.

Your suggestions sounds like a step in the right direction though, although I would still increase it a bit. Maybe something like certain ranges of calibres get a unified gun bloom time or make it dependant on the ship class?

Example:

typical destroyer calibre (100-130 mm) = 15 seconds

typical cruiser calibre (150-240 mm, maybe even the German 283 mm) = 20 seconds

typical battleship calibres (305-460 mm) = 30 or 35 seconds

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Nope, WG.EU actually got it right (just search for WoWs or World or warships... heck i tried world of battleships and it works fine LOL)

wows.jpg

Oh come on. As if the average scrub on the internet can distinguish between battleships, cruisers and destroyers... And those are the ones slogans like this are aimed at.

[NWP]
Players
6,773 posts
7,583 battles
12 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Oh come on. As if the average scrub on the internet can distinguish between battleships, cruisers and destroyers... And those are the ones slogans like this are aimed at.

WG pages for other countries doesnt say game about battleships, it says about warships. So guess its targeted mainly for German/english scrub :Smile_hiding:

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

WG pages for other countries doesnt say game about battleships, it says about warships. So guess its targeted mainly for German/english scrub :Smile_hiding:

Maybe because the English (and German) term in a colloquial sense refers to any ship with guns?

Btw: The German slogan I found was about warships, too.

So it might be only for the English scrubs after all. :Smile_smile:

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

This is perfectly balanced. What do you guys want again? invisible fire khabs? These DDs/Cruisers sure want the game to go back to hide in smoke and fire without fearing anything.

@OP. Sure you have low HP but you also have wasd hax. Don't put yourself in a situation where you're shooting when 5 enemies are close by because it means you've messed up and deserve to be punished.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
176 posts
14,148 battles

And where is the AA Bloom! Kidd spotted at 2,?. Enable AA, move out to 4,9 km disabled AA.

INSTANT STEALTH engaged! 

Or better jet.

Minatour spotted = in AA range (+2 km spotting) Move out of AA range (-2 km spotting) INSTANT STEALTH again.

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles
4 minutes ago, P2Win said:

This is perfectly balanced. What do you guys want again? invisible fire khabs? These DDs/Cruisers sure want the game to go back to hide in smoke and fire without fearing anything.

@OP. Sure you have low HP but you also have wasd hax. Don't put yourself in a situation where you're shooting when 5 enemies are close by because it means you've messed up and deserve to be punished.

No, obviously the game should be Cruisers and Destroyers visible right from the start all neatly lined up so BBs can knock them over one by one. 

Actually, that is basically what the game already is. A lot of [edited]use WASD hacks do me when i get citadeled at least twice every match by a stray angled BB shot.

You can't expect us to believe that you are so blind that you do not see the state the game is in right now.

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles
Just now, SovietFury43 said:

No, obviously the game should be Cruisers and Destroyers visible right from the start all neatly lined up so BBs can knock them over one by one. 

Actually, that is basically what the game already is. A lot of [edited]use WASD hacks do me when i get citadeled at least twice every match by a stray angled BB shot.

You can't expect us to believe that you are so blind that you do not see the state the game is in right now.

I don't know how you get citadel twice every match..maybe you're just one of those unfortunate souls who need some guidance on how to play cruisers? Your best asset as a cruiser is your ability to disengage and reengage when it's safe to do so. I understand it can be frustrated to get citadel but that's purely RNG. I actually welcome being citadel once/twice when I am in any T10 cruiser because AR kicks in and more dakakaka.

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
165 posts
1,496 battles
33 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

Im not going to say stray BB citadels don't happen, Because they do, I've had Randy citadels in my Hindenburg where they've literally seemingly clipped a tiny section of my angled stern, yet somehow Critadel me. 

But on the flip side... Those Randy crits against Cruisers, are basically the epitome of a BB's skillset. 

BB's cant fight carriers, BB's cant fight destroyers, That leaves them slugging it out with other BB's, And punishing cruisers.

You tell me you get Critadel'd twice a game, Yeah, Sure, A meaty 25k damage right there?. But, How much fire damage do you to BB's via fire?... 50k? 75k? 100k? 125k?....

I can gurantee, Every single Cruiser captain who cries about BB citadels, Does over 2x as much fire damage back to BB's. And being realistic, Unless youre just crazy unlucky, 80-90+ Of your cit's in cruisers are going to be because either 

A) you showed your side, And thus deserved to be punished

B) you were out of position, and thus deserved to be punished.

If we give DD/CL back all this invisi fire bollocks, Were just going to go straight back to Khebabs / Zao flame throwering BB's to death from max range whilst literally being invincible in return. Its stupid, Its stale, its not fun. Even DD/CL loving youtubers know how aboslutely broken the stupid smoke / concealment of CL/DD were, And glad they are changed.

If we want to improve Cruisers, Do it buy improving what theyre for, Being team player ships... Give them access to both Hydro AND AA. Cruisers should exist to literally bridge the gap between DD and BB, To help the DD's with spotting and to help the BB's with AA.... 

All you type of people seem to want is for CL to be the absolute dominator on its own, Its a teamplay ship, Not a one man army ship, If we make cruisers too powerful then WoWS will just turn into WoT, And the medium class will be the boring Meta here too....

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

I don't suppose that I'm surprised that the BB crowd want to defend their sizeable gun bloom advantage of being able to drop to stealth between salvos, they want to have the soft targets visible while they can stealth fire which is the effective reality.

While stealth firing removal was a good thing, it was effectively not done for BB's other than the Scharnhorst which is the only BB with a 20s reload and it's essentially an oversized cruiser.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,455 battles
8 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Im not going to say stray BB citadels don't happen, Because they do, I've had Randy citadels in my Hindenburg where they've literally seemingly clipped a tiny section of my angled stern, yet somehow Critadel me. 

But on the flip side... Those Randy crits against Cruisers, are basically the epitome of a BB's skillset. 

BB's cant fight carriers, BB's cant fight destroyers, That leaves them slugging it out with other BB's, And punishing cruisers.

You tell me you get Critadel'd twice a game, Yeah, Sure, A meaty 25k damage right there?. But, How much fire damage do you to BB's via fire?... 50k? 75k? 100k? 125k?....

I can gurantee, Every single Cruiser captain who cries about BB citadels, Does over 2x as much fire damage back to BB's. And being realistic, Unless youre just crazy unlucky, 80-90+ Of your cit's in cruisers are going to be because either 

A) you showed your side, And thus deserved to be punished

B) you were out of position, and thus deserved to be punished.

If we give DD/CL back all this invisi fire bollocks, Were just going to go straight back to Khebabs / Zao flame throwering BB's to death from max range whilst literally being invincible in return. Its stupid, Its stale, its not fun. Even DD/CL loving youtubers know how aboslutely broken the stupid smoke / concealment of CL/DD were, And glad they are changed.

If we want to improve Cruisers, Do it buy improving what theyre for, Being team player ships... Give them access to both Hydro AND AA. Cruisers should exist to literally bridge the gap between DD and BB, To help the DD's with spotting and to help the BB's with AA.... 

All you type of people seem to want is for CL to be the absolute dominator on its own, Its a teamplay ship, Not a one man army ship, If we make cruisers too powerful then WoWS will just turn into WoT, And the medium class will be the boring Meta here too....

Ok are you serious right now?!

First of all, fire damage can be fully repaired, citadel hits can not! And that is not to even mention that most Cruisers simply do not have access to repairs. To a BB 25k fire damage is no big deal, to a Cruiser a 25k angled citadel hit i a good chunk of his health that he will never get back.

And Cruisers are simply not needed to bridge the gap between DDs and BBs any more, that is the whole point! BBs now do it themselves! Because most of them now have good enough AA to defend themselves against planes, and Carriers are basically extinct any way. Most of then now have either hydro or radar and can defend themselves against DDs and torps just fine. And most BBs now even have almost as much speed and manouverability as Cruisers and actually better concealment!

What [edited]use is giving Cruisers both hydro and AA going to be?! Cruisers can't chase after DDs any more because they just get instantly nuked by the 5+ BBs on the enemy team, so explain please how the hydro is going to help? And what [edited]use is the AA going to be considering how rare Carriers are and the fact that most high tier BBs now have their own AA that is in most cases better then Cruisers. 

Sign in to follow this