Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SHDRKN4792

I hope WG keeps the ship horn after holidays.

28 comments in this topic

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,052 posts
5,835 battles

I would not mind it staying but the bells and santa going ho-ho-ho should be removed after a period.

• Cool 5

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Personal taste I suppose. 

Switched them off after about twenty seconds of the first game after the update. Once every now and again is fine, but idiots constantly using them becomes as annoying as those bottom feeders who seem fascinated by any key with an 'F' on it.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts

Yes, horns are here to stay. "Ho-ho-ho" will be removed from them. @SHDRKN4792 @BrusilovX

McConway or Tuccy said they also gather feedback which of the horns community feels are best ones.

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles

Tuccy and MrConway stated during the last Stream yesterday that WG will check which Horns are most popular and will - maybe -add them later.

Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
5 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

Switched them off after about twenty seconds of the first game after the update. Once every now and again is fine, but idiots constantly using them becomes as annoying as those bottom feeders who seem fascinated by any key with an 'F' on it.

Best thing is, when you are desperatly fighting to turn a game around, just to realize, 3 BBs in your back are ho-ho-ho-ho-ing each other constantly... Then you know, they are really putting the same efford in winning then you are...:Smile_child:

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Yes, that's annoying. I have to admit I use to spam the horn A LOT. I love to get the "drunk santa" horn as I call it, I don't know how to tell exactly which one it is, but I guess horn user will know which one I mean and sometimes that happens, people think I'm just trolling and not serious. But then sometimes people laughs when I start getting confederate, high caliber, kraken and that stuff and I'm like "hohohoing" at everything I do. :Smile_teethhappy:

The hohoho is a lot of fun for me. I'll miss it but I get it doesn't have much of a point out of christmas. 

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
2 minutes ago, aboomination said:

I actually used the horn successfully to avoid collisions :Smile_ohmy:

I tried. People ram me anyways. Maybe they don't notice the difference between a rammimg alert and my usual random hohoho.

[FAD]
Players
86 posts

yes maybe the horns will stay and the ho ho ho will be removed

It is usefull to avoid collisions with other ships 

12 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

The hohoho is a lot of fun for me. I'll miss it but I get it doesn't have much of a point out of christmas. 

I agree it remind us Christmas :cap_happy:

Beta Tester
1,909 posts
6,248 battles

At first i expected horn spam, i have to say i rarely hear it, and in some (sadly few) times it can prevent a collision, or if you rush smoke you can troll the smoker in it :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
43 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

At first i expected horn spam, i have to say i rarely hear it, and in some (sadly few) times it can prevent a collision, or if you rush smoke you can troll the smoker in it :Smile_veryhappy:

Lot's of people still don't know the horn exists and how to use it. A few hours ago I did the "press N to see player stats" as I commented earlier and one of my team mates fell for that one but he was so happy about it after that.

It almost made me laugh when he said in chat "WG WE NEED THIS HORN EVERYDAY!!" pushing with me and another ship a flank 3 vs 5 ships, the three of us spamming hohohos chasing the enemy. It made my day. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,041 battles

Horn duration needs to be increased..or at least for premium users. Sometime when you're bored in cyclone and the enemy team can't be found...NNNNN helps with boredom.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
593 posts
14,608 battles

Keep the horns but remove that creepy Santa ho ho ho and bells.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles
12 hours ago, aboomination said:

I actually used the horn successfully to avoid collisions :Smile_ohmy:

Exactly this. Doesn't prevent all of them, of course, but even a few is better than none :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,426 posts
6,357 battles

The horns will likely be staying (though of course with Santa removed) - as with ARP/Halloween content, it is an optional customization and the anti-spam protection seems to work well (plus... You can turn them off if you do not like them). 

Personally they could be useful when someone is a bit too slow to get moving at the start of battle... But since I generally play DDs, I tend to be out of earshot of most ships throughout the battle :)

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,412 posts
7,851 battles
15 hours ago, Tuccy said:

The horns will likely be staying darn.... not a fan of those.... (though of course with Santa removed) - as with ARP/Halloween content, it is an optional customization and the anti-spam protection seems to work well yes but only because too many people don't read patchnotes so many don't even know those ship horns exist. I am sure if every player were aware of those the situation would be different. (plus... You can turn them off if you do not like them).  No  I can't, and I seem to be not alone (see my quoted topic below) thought that seems to be a bug.....

Personally they could be useful when someone is a bit too slow to get moving at the start of battle... But since I generally play DDs, I tend to be out of earshot of most ships throughout the battle :)

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,362 posts
11,276 battles

The experiment seems to have gone well - people wanted this feature but they also feared it. As we can see, even as it was jut released, the amount of tooting proved to be pretty manageable. So, a good addition to the game, I expect it to stay.

[TS1]
Players
587 posts
7,618 battles

I use the horn to say hello at the start of the match. Just three signals. I assume that's some actual tradition for ships leaving port or something. I've heard it a lot in the port of the city I live in. Any one player using the horn at the start of the battle tends to make everyone else use it as well.

Also, avoiding collisions isn't something I overmuch strive for. Especially in a shootout since colliding with someone quickly changes your and your ally's course, which messes up the enemies aim since the auto-aim feature can't predict it.

Sign in to follow this