Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grandorf

That feeling when you are 1 victory from rank 12.

26 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles

yeah, that describes ranked pretty good.

I can't complain tho, as i reached rank 12 without any issues.

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
43 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

shot-18.01.01_19.08.10-0806.jpg

That's why I don't play ranked; I would have died from rage and pure wrath. Nothing ranked about it when it isn't ranked by player skill.

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
16 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Similar feeling:d08aBx2JS6_R8wuUxTv9Qw.png

One would think that the 6 remaining members of your team would collectively have been able to kill just 1 enemy ship, but this is a Wargaming title so no...

• Funny 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
25 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

One would think that the 6 remaining members of your team would collectively have been able to kill just 1 enemy ship, but this is a Wargaming title so no...

one would think that you couldnt get ryujo vs kaga in ranked.. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,480 battles

im at rank 5 and one star or 0 , and staying there ..now im banned from playing the game for 8 days due to "insults and provocations".. 

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,197 battles
1 hour ago, Ysterpyp said:

im at rank 5 and one star or 0 , and staying there ..now im banned from playing the game for 8 days due to "insults and provocations".. 

8 days ban?

You must have really taken the salt level to a New Year festive atmosphere. :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

Players
164 posts
2,772 battles
12 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

cant say how is it possible as I'm the most salty person i met in the game and i have never been other than chat-banned for a day

Players
164 posts
2,772 battles

to the OP

i take ranked as way to get some "FREE" stuff, as I'm using it to grind my tier8 ships.

when i saw 49%-er as Rank1 in one of the previous seasons and the overall level of people who play it it is not prestigious thing anymore and i would not push it too much as it carries more stress than enjoyment. (currently at 12-13-14, no idea but no fox given)

i would need 2 extra hydro upgrades but I'm not really bothered as i know i must keep salt low (and that's problem in randoms, not in ranked where you buttclench every match)

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Got there easy and now I'm stuck at rank 12.

Players
1,674 posts
12,415 battles

I have been playing very selfishly this season, and it works like a charm. Played 27 battles so far, lost 10 of them, lost 2 stars in the process. Tried some BBs and one game with 3-1-2 Shokaku but I will now stick to Kutuzov for a while. She definitely works best for individual scoring.

Simply sacrifice your 6 teammates and start farming. Either your mates can finish off the burning enemies and win, or you add up enough dmg to not lose a star. I guess you can apply same for Martel as she is an okay long range harasser. Maybe neglecting teamwork a bit may work for you as well :) After all, it ain't stupid if it works.

Will see if this will change with higher ranks (I'm at rank 10 atm).

[RAIN]
[RAIN]
Community Contributor
916 posts
11,494 battles
13 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

This... 

Trashtalk, taunt and insults are just too much this saison .

Lose a ranked battle is frustrating for all the team.

So just try to keep the tchat clean and use it for the strat.

• Cool 3

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

This season hasn't been so bad for me, 

played only 11 battle and went 8-3, but on those 3 losses i lost only one star.

Small sample size i know :Smile_trollface:

However, i am one star away from rank 12, i'll try to reach 10 for 250 doubloons and flag and i'll stop, like last seasons.

Players
1,674 posts
12,415 battles
13 minutes ago, malimoo said:

This... 

Trashtalk, taunt and insults are just too much this saison .

Lose a ranked battle is frustrating for all the team.

So just try to keep the tchat clean and use it for the strat.

I'm glad I have not come across such trashtalk yet this season. As I was lucky enough to play with and against the great @Hadders89 a couple of times during the last seasons, I try to cheer for my team, praise good play and congratulate the enemy as often as possible (if deserved and within reasonable text amount ofc to keep chat clear for other stuff as well). If someone is about to throw a game, tell him calmly and objectively but don't get personal. Or don't tell him at all. Maybe he will learn, maybe he won't.

Having a happy chat and getting compliments is a much better motivation for everyone.

• Cool 1

Players
1,559 posts
13,419 battles

Ive found that you either have to carry every game, or lose. Sounds like WG teamplay to me. :Smile_teethhappy: Carry potatoes to victory. Just like RB. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,407 posts
7,851 battles
19 hours ago, Grandorf said:

If you would've reached rank 1 last season those first two wins would've been enough for Rank 12..... :Smile_hiding:

I know what you mean though. I clearly renember some heartbreakers when you lose several ranks especially in ther rank2-5 region.

Didn't had this this season so far but i didn't play that much yet though.

I reached rank 12 easily this season with said two wins. I am at rank 10 with 0 stars now.... I hope I can get that fourth first rank to be in grabbing range of the USS Black next season.:fish_cute_2:

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,197 battles

Currently yoyoing between R10 and R11, 1 battle I play in the R10-R5 bracket, then lose, back to the smaller league, then back again.

Frustrating as hell.

Beta Tester
647 posts
6,787 battles
21 hours ago, Grandorf said:

You my friend took a difficult path to Rank up. Charles Martel is not the most optimal ship for this game mode.

Looking into your profile I understand why you did that - as you only have this or Bismarck at Tier VIII, but I see that you play a bit more cruiser than BBs.

If I were you I would go with the Bismarck that can be a little better to carry the battle when your team is weak.

(Since you are not experienced with DD play it won't be a good recommendation to take a prem DD - not to mention that you won't have a good captain on it.)

anyways - good luck and if you're on a loosing streak, simply stop playing for a while. That usually works. ("getting out of the cycle")

[W_I_G]
[W_I_G]
Players
165 posts
20,929 battles

What do you know about my feeling today, on my rank 1 game i had afk dd for 3 minute and when he finally comes alive, 2 minutes later and he get detonated...and wait when i had to redo my rank 1 game again, one of my dds detonate again on the fkin rank 1 game :Smile_ohmy:

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,480 battles
On 1/2/2018 at 12:41 AM, tank276 said:

8 days ban?

You must have really taken the salt level to a New Year festive atmosphere. :fish_cute_2:

probably drank to much\little and got angry , and the random losses , and rank little progress in premier stage and back to rank 6 with one lossed star make a person feel all funny inside ... and i lost it . i apologize for what i might have said. but an 8 day ban witout warning , i cant enter the game at all is abit byond me esp after i bought a few santa containers :etc_swear::Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this