You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WinningSpike010

What about old hydro/radar's icons restoring?

6 comments in this topic

Players
114 posts
9,257 battles

Well, on last sub-update WG decided to restore the old warning icons for spotting by hydro and radar instead of the generic danger indicator (exclamation point into a triangle) they introduced on 0.6.15:

>>

Update 0.6.15.1 - 100MB

[UPDATE] Update 0.6.15.1 will happen 28 December; preparation begins at 06:00 CET until 07:30 CET (UTC+1). The game will be unavailable during this time (1.5 hours). 

General Changes:

• Winners of the Clan Battles Season have been added to the loading screen of the "Hotspot" map
  • Added "Hotspot" achievement to the game (Rank among the top 16 clans in the Clan Battles Season)
  • Added New Year pictures for combat missions, challenges and events
  • Added start and end dates for Campaigns
  • Returned old indicators of Hydroacoustic Search and Surveillance Radar

>>

This could be a good news, because it's useful to know if you (mainly when playing a DD) are spotted by a long (radar) or a short range device (hydro) to choose the adequate reaction: either simply gain a little more distance or run away and dodge... and pray.

Anyway it seems the "old" warning icons have instead become THE SAME icon (the old radar's one - see attachement) for both devices now. This means the restoring becomes quite useless: if the icon is one for both devices so the triangle or the circle it's the same thing...

In fact the cruiser in the pic killed me (I killed her too... ;>) just because I was surprised Atago could have radar and I've reacted one second late.

Maybe is there something I've missed? Or maybe could be a bug?

shot-18.01.01_12.15.00-0441.jpg

[CATS]
Players
15,845 posts
11,167 battles

Radar and Hydro had the same symbols before.

Players are asking for different symbols since the introduction of radar.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles

They both always have been the same, you know?

"Ship spotted"

"Plane spotted"

"Consumable spotted"

Players
114 posts
9,257 battles
5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

They both always have been the same, you know?

"Ship spotted"

"Plane spotted"

"Consumable spotted"

No they weren't always...

A lot of time ago the circle (current icon) was for radar spotting and an icon similar to:  (((o))) was for hydro. I'm very sure about that. At least this was in last ranked season where I played mainly DDs and got a lot of either hydro and radar spotting. 

However maybe you're right about the last time before it was changed to the triangle...  Thinking about the recent period I'm now rememering that sometimes I got spotted in mid-low tiers (T.4/5) with the old radar icon as warning and couldn't realize how was possible ships in such tiers could have radar!!

LOL!! I never realized before that WG actually removed the old hydro icon...  :cap_wander:

I've always thought it was a bug just because I can't remember I've read anything about the merge of the warning for both devices into a single icon.

Anyway I've just found out one can now read that into the current F1 ingame table of instruction. But, repeat, I don't remember I've read that somewhere else...    :cap_hmm:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles
40 minutes ago, WinningSpike010 said:

No they weren't always...

A lot of time ago the circle (current icon) was for radar spotting and an icon similar to:  (((o))) was for hydro. I'm very sure about that. At least this was in last ranked season where I played mainly DDs and got a lot of either hydro and radar spotting. 

Last season, the season before that and the one before that aswell - hydro and radar have always shared the same icon. Generally it's just that you are aware of which one is it by the distance to the ship using it. Or the ship itself - by knowing if it even can have radar.