Sign in to follow this  
oscarpuz

How do I land a torp bomber?

8 comments in this topic

[UNED]
Players
19 posts
2,916 battles

Okay - just taken the plunge with my first CV, but  I sometimes accidently command a torp bomber automatically returning to the carrier. It then flies around waiting for a command instead of landing. How do I get it down so it can rearm?

Players
1,830 posts
10,289 battles

Torp and bomb bombers always automatically return back to the ship to land after dropping their torps or bombs. However if you command them to say avoid an AA ship that is along their return path or in the situation you described, press f.

[UNED]
Players
19 posts
2,916 battles

thanks both  - while on the subject I understand that pressing the alt key allows manual attacks. I've been tying this out in co-op battles but it does not change the auto attack reticule. Is there a particular point when the alt key is pressed to allow a manual attack?

Players
1,830 posts
10,289 battles
44 minutes ago, oscarpuz said:

thanks both  - while on the subject I understand that pressing the alt key allows manual attacks. I've been tying this out in co-op battles but it does not change the auto attack reticule. Is there a particular point when the alt key is pressed to allow a manual attack?

No worries. WG removed the manual attack for tier 4 and 5 CVs, which is why it doesn't work for you as you're currently at tier 4. Only from tier 6 and above will you be able to use the alt key manual attacks. If you have time and space on your computer and really want to feel how the alt attack is like, maybe you can try downloading the public test server and try the alt key manual attacks there with the higher tier CVs since it's currently live. 2 days left only though.

Sign in to follow this