You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Tyke

Daily mission madness

35 comments in this topic

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Daily mission: do 30k damage with aerial bombers. I won't whine about how it excludes a good percentage of the player base, (myself included) because all the others are do-able. 

Queue for the first game of the day.

38 carriers, not a single BB

Game (when it started) comprised 2 CV, 3 Cruisers and 2 DDs per team.

Y'know what? It was a really great game. Loved it. Cruisers and DDs flying about like dervishes trying to get that perfect position. 

Second game, more of the same. 2 CV, 5 Cruisers and 3 DDs. No BB again.

Not sure the CV players had read the mission rules as most the time they were using torps where the requirement is for bombs.

I could get used to this. I shall enjoy this 24 hours I think.

More WG . .  more of this.

[THROW]
Beta Tester
206 posts
6,934 battles
15 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

Not sure the CV players had read the mission rules as most the time they were using torps where the requirement is for bombs.

You might want to read the requirements your self more closely, " Deal 30,000 damage with torpedo bomber planes over any number of battles"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles
1 minute ago, peachpest said:

You might want to read the requirements your self more closely, " Deal 30,000 damage with torpedo bomber planes over any number of battles"

Fair 'nuff, I stand corrected.

Doesn't alter the fact we're seeing no/very few BBs cluttering up the maps though.

[THROW]
Beta Tester
206 posts
6,934 battles

Yeah I hear what your saying I tried playing 2 CV games yesterday and im not a CV player mind you to try and get some battleships spots for the "Be the 1st to spot 12 battleships" for the North Cape Campaign one game had 2 BBs the other 3 on the enemy team and out of those 5 potential spots I only managed to get 2.

But its always the same when we have missions that force and/or encourage the use of a single class.

• Cool 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts

As above, no big deal, just avoid playing for a few hours if you don't want CV attention, or go into ranked.....99% of them won't have a clue anyhow. :Smile_Default:

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
12 minutes ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

I'll be skipping this one then as CV play doesn't appeal to me one jot :Smile_honoring:  

Me too...although I have a massive 100% wr in a langley so I must be great at it. :Smile_Default:   (OK, 4 battles back in the mists of time but so what :Smile_hiding:)

edit - It only took 4 battles and a few coops to show me that, A) just controlling 3 squadrons was too much like hard work  B) Didn't like looking from above and C) I was sh1te at it and it bored me too so fair play to those good/excellent players with 5 eyes and 6 hands who excel at high tiers.....except when they focus me :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,108 battles

T IV game, 98 CVs in a queue :cap_haloween: It certainly looks like 2018 is the year of CVs :cap_win:

In fact, this is actually fun.... I am not a great CV player but I am indulging in some guilty pleasures with Saipan in AS setup (I know, I know, but because there are so many below average CVs that it actually works well...)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Players
123 posts
4,420 battles

Ah right, that explains all the potato CVs floating about today - like our Lexington that spent all game trying and failing to strike an Atlanta guarding a North Carolina . . . :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,831 battles

I don't own a CV and I've not played a CV since the closed beta as I did not have a clue what I was doing in them either.

Sounds like a day to play AA ships or just skip the day's play.

[-TFD-]
Players
17 posts
10,154 battles

Took a whole 1 game, saipan, 85k torp dmg, mission completed. Not hard to get 30k torp dmg, even on cruisers.

• Angry 1

[NWP]
Players
1,881 posts
12,596 battles

Had some great fun farming planes in Des Moines and Cleveland. Keep those missions coming WG :)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Oh no, CVs for once get mission for them too! How horrible! Riot! Riot everywhere! We can't let this happen!

Srsly dude. You need 15 missions out of 20 done for SC, if you can't be bothered to play CVs - let those who do get some fun.

• Bad 1

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles
19 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh no, CVs for once get mission for them too! How horrible! Riot! Riot everywhere! We can't let this happen!

Srsly dude. You need 15 missions out of 20 done for SC, if you can't be bothered to play CVs - let those who do get some fun.

If this is directed at my OP, you have seriously missed the point.

Complaining that CV get a mission? Not me, mate.  Quite the contrary.

I am saying how delighted I am to find all the BB players are out in CVs and the games are more fun without them getting in the way.

Cruiser and DD paradise.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,446 posts
9,306 battles

Bought the Cesare this morning...wasn't fun, wasn't fun at all...didn't prevent me from trying even harder, tho - most of the time I was a very lonely BB in a sea of cruisers and DD, the ideal MM :Smile_trollface: 

giphy.gif

Dirty, filthy low tier CV seal clubbers :Smile_hiding:

2g32323g22.jpg

To put it into perspective: The matches I had before the mission started and I decided to play a BB at tier 5 

Spoiler

g23g23.jpg

[-DNA-]
Players
8 posts
3,159 battles

Even me with the useless independence won this after 4 battles.I hate this ship because most of the time i play against T8 ships.When i play with my T8 BB or CA i see T7 and T8 CV's.

Winter mystery and happy newyear don't count on my 3 winning games.Byebye premium account for 24Hours.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,831 battles
10 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Bought the Cesare this morning...wasn't fun, wasn't fun at all...didn't prevent me from trying even harder, tho - most of the time I was a very lonely BB in a sea of cruisers and DD, the ideal MM :Smile_trollface:

Reveal hidden contents

g23g23.jpg

Stick with it - 10 battles is too soon to decide.  It's probably a function of how often you are bottom tier in those battles.

I've had 33 battles in mine (bought when released bu not played each day)- win rate of 63.64% - only average damage of 43.339.  I'm only down on server average damage but up on the other categories.  I'm only up to a 12 point captain at the moment.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,446 posts
9,306 battles
3 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Stick with it

Well, of course - and I have only an 8 point captain so far (initially bought a 3 pointer with the ship) ^^