Spearhawk1969

Do I dare?

10 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
265 battles

So I am not really a fan of games with the tag "Beta" on them, specially to invest money into them

because they can at any moment say that due to beta circumstances we wipe the slate clean

and everything a person has invested is gone.

so the first and most important question would be then...

When do "we" go from beta to full game? 

second question would be....

will the slates be cleaned and reset when going from beta to full game happens?

third and last.... is it "safe" to invest time and money?

Beta Tester
741 posts
11,377 battles

Good morning new born lamb, this game has been out of BETA for 2 years;

Everything been reset already at launch that long ago;

Wont recomend, game changes make some investments pointless and there are no refunds to most of them ( regarding ships ), premium time and EXP conversion is your choice, but for the most part you can enjoy this game without any investments.

Players
204 posts
329 battles

It's not about the version of the game and more  about the company and it's monetization policy. I bough into Worlds adrift closed beta because the game and developer is more than prommising and is a fresh wind in the industry. WG on the other had could in due time end up at an marketing fiasco like EA games now with all this lootrace rngesus gambling and literal powercreep for real money. They took it to far with WoT imo so i left. At least it paid itself for the time i had there till it lasted, but no virtual property is for forever anyway.

Beta Tester
944 posts
9,356 battles

Life Lessons:-

1. If in doubt, do with out.

2. If you can't afford to gamble, don't gamble. Keep your money.

3. Its never safe. Nothing is. Its all transitory.

4. You pays your money, you takes your chance.

5. Might I suggest doing something more profitable with your time and money? Invest in yourself.

Players
3 posts
265 battles
6 hours ago, Azalgor said:

Good morning new born lamb, this game has been out of BETA for 2 years;

Everything been reset already at launch that long ago;

Wont recomend, game changes make some investments pointless and there are no refunds to most of them ( regarding ships ), premium time and EXP conversion is your choice, but for the most part you can enjoy this game without any investments.

hihihihi new born lamb, to the slaughter

thank you all for the responses and thank you for your cander :)

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

1 All real world money you pour in the game = thrown out money -> because one day (in a very far future maybe) this game will be shut down like all online games.

Pointing the obvious but nice reminder (looking at myself since I recently renewed my premium time up to 600 days).

2  Premium is comfort of life -> for example, I am always short on credits (despite throwing far too much money at this game) therefore without premium I would be even more in distress.

3 Some premium ships may be worth it IMO, to grind credits mainly.

4 As for all free to play games, this is up to the human player to decide if he/she wants to invest real world money or not......

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
263 posts

Judging from a QA point of view and also the version of the game 0.x the game is still BETA. Games like this are forever BETA's. If you want the exact definition it's perpetual beta : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_beta

My recommendation is the following : Never spend money in free to play games. Or , like I did , give them the max you would spend on a ordinary game (30-50 euros - AND THAT's it!) Then , when you quit - there is no drama. There will never be balance in this game , it's an ongoing beta and you are used as a tester while you are the one paying them (nice business model I must agree) , lack of consistency and too many drastic measures meaning a lot of changes that could alter a lot of things (you buy a ship now , it may be crap after 1 year suffering from power creep.. or WG releasing a lot of OP premium ships lately slowly transitioning to the pay to win model , pathetic methods like releasing a free xp ship ,say they will never remove it , and then remove it so people hurry to freexp (with gold) etc etc etc)  All this , for me , just builds my lack of trust in these games. They could try all the marketing tricks in the book - I will not spend. When perhaps they will change their retarded ways ... I will. MAYBE.

They are legally  covered on this , they can close shop tomorrow and laugh in your 2k spent face without any obligations to you. So I think , people should more aware and think before they spend. Unfortunately this does not happen.

And just one more thing :You don't INVEST in this game. You spend.  There is a difference.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Apocalypse has passed. You're safe.

Players
3 posts
265 battles
4 hours ago, clocky said:

Judging from a QA point of view and also the version of the game 0.x the game is still BETA. Games like this are forever BETA's. If you want the exact definition it's perpetual beta : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_beta

My recommendation is the following : Never spend money in free to play games. Or , like I did , give them the max you would spend on a ordinary game (30-50 euros - AND THAT's it!) Then , when you quit - there is no drama. There will never be balance in this game , it's an ongoing beta and you are used as a tester while you are the one paying them (nice business model I must agree) , lack of consistency and too many drastic measures meaning a lot of changes that could alter a lot of things (you buy a ship now , it may be crap after 1 year suffering from power creep.. or WG releasing a lot of OP premium ships lately slowly transitioning to the pay to win model , pathetic methods like releasing a free xp ship ,say they will never remove it , and then remove it so people hurry to freexp (with gold) etc etc etc)  All this , for me , just builds my lack of trust in these games. They could try all the marketing tricks in the book - I will not spend. When perhaps they will change their retarded ways ... I will. MAYBE.

They are legally  covered on this , they can close shop tomorrow and laugh in your 2k spent face without any obligations to you. So I think , people should more aware and think before they spend. Unfortunately this does not happen.

And just one more thing :You don't INVEST in this game. You spend.  There is a difference.

also a reason never to invest in a game thats perpetually in beta phase....

and that is why the game struggles with underfunding at times.

Players
1 post

Hi Spearhawk1969 .    I'm bit of a noob to forums , appologies  one and all , pls let me know if i'm talking rubbish .                                                                                                                                                                     Q1 beta or full , it's live what ever you want to call it , as long as enough people want to play and some pay , some people have and are still investing time and money possibly to get it off the ground , it will need money to keep it going like all companies , staff etc it will stay live , nothing lasts for ever.                                                                                                                                                                                       Q2  it's live now.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Q3  safe ? do you mean transactions , use paypal , it's not stamp collecting , if you enjoy playing and you want the latest ship etc and you have some spare money then buy or grind your way up can be frustrating at times (i know lol)     regards G