Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
5 posts
7,137 battles

So after playing a countless games in T10 i have come to the conclusion that the Montana is despite the recent buffs still underpowered compared to all other T10 battleships. 

Im suggesting a few (radical) changes.

 

First of all, get rid of it. How about you put in a 1990s refit of the T9, the Iowa, in as a new T10? Of course you would have to give it the missles it had historically, that would bring in some fun new aspects to the game and would make for a very unique flavor for the american line. 

 

Second of all, premium ammo. The Iowa got nuclear ammo historically, if you would add that as an expensive alternative for regular ammo you could probably justify moving to T10 without any further adjustments. After all were already seeing how well premium ammo works in WoT. Something to equalize skill levels to give less skilled players a chance to compete is always nice. 

 

Also the accuracy on all of the american battleships needs a major buff. American ships were hell of alot more accurate than those of any other nation in the game and that should be reflected in the game. Hell, why not give the monty a 0m dispersion? Im tired of missing half my volley because rng threw them of while im sniping at max range. 

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 13
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAGE]
Players
116 posts
2,320 battles

I agree, adding missiles will be fantastic for game balance. It would be like CV Aircraft, just better, because the fighters (or in this case missiles) can't get shot down AND it will have amazing range so no more leaving the border. There's one problem - its American, not Russian but maybe there could be a Russian premium version added.

 

With regards to premium ammo, you have to make it worth it, because it has to be doubloons only - its simply not fair if you give it to all players in credits form. Remember, premium ammo was better in WoT when only paying players could use it.

 

For dispersion, it would be easier if shots just went straight to the citadel because I agree with you in that I'm tired of missing volleys because of RNG, but why should the captain of the ship aim. Historically that was the crew's job, and we don't have to reload the guns so obviously we need to focus on historical accuracy and have main battery guns work like 0m dispersion 3.0 sigma main battery guns. Only for BBs though, cruisers and destroyers are already too overpowered as they are.

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
50 minutes ago, EricCartman01 said:

Second of all, premium ammo. The Iowa got nuclear ammo historically, if you would add that as an expensive alternative for regular ammo you could probably justify moving to T10 without any further adjustments. moving to T8 and sell it as the most expensive premium BB the game has evuurr seen.

 

Little fix here. Then we are good to go. :cap_win:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAGE]
Players
116 posts
2,320 battles
11 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

 

Little fix here. Then we are good to go. :cap_win:

Alternatively you could sell it as a tier 9/10 premium in the premium shop for a huge price, only in a bundle with 25k doubloons, 50 million credits, a load of signals (the bad ones ofc) and a free tier 2 or 3 premium. See that's marketing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

There was another thread awhile ago that said Monty was more OP than Conqueror :cap_popcorn:

 

Maybe OP needs to buy a Missouri then come back and ask for Cruise Missiles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles

Guys pls.

 

Applying everything from above to the Monty would still leave her underpowered as all out. She is at least gonna need every consumable in the game in separate slots with unlimited duration in addition to all that to become a viable ship.

Even that may still not save her as anyone who has in-depth knowledge about the game should be clearly capable of seeing.

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAGE]
Players
116 posts
2,320 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Guys pls.

 

Applying everything from above to the Monty would still leave her underpowered as all out. She is at least gonna need every consumable in the game in separate slots with unlimited duration in addition to all that to become a viable ship.

Even that may still not save her as anyone who has in-depth knowledge about the game should be clearly capable of seeing.

  Reveal hidden contents

:Smile_trollface:

 

I simply don't understand why the balance team hasn't contacted you yet... It's completely ridiculous.

Although - how do you propose to make shiploads of money off of this? How about implementing an entirely new game currency (only purchasable with doubloons) to buy her with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KUMA]
Beta Tester
289 posts
9,072 battles

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned the fact that it’s still technically possible to citadel Montana from certain ranges and when aiming for certain specific sections of the ship. How is this fair?! Some kind of ceramic composite armour (which it definitely would have had IRL) should be applied to stop this from happening. 

 

PS. God bless America. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
19 minutes ago, Streef_ said:

Although - how do you propose to make shiploads of money off of this? How about implementing an entirely new game currency (only purchasable with doubloons) to buy her with.

 

I was thinking more along the lines of making all her planned sisters into premium ships. E.g. make a copy of the current Montana, throw her into T6 where she belongs and rename her Ohio. Then have one for every tier up to T9 with appropriate and totally needed buffs added for each tier. E.g.

T7 - add Hydro, Smoke & Speed Boost - Rename: Maine

T8 - add Katies, 0m dispersion & Radar - Rename: New Hampshire

T9 - add DFAA, Missiles & Super Heal - Rename: Louisiana; behind free exp wall of at least 5m.

Montana would then get all the consumables from this year's Halloween Event added on top, which should finally make her approach a balanced state. Most likely still won't reach it, though.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 hour ago, EricCartman01 said:

 

Hell, why not give the monty a 0m dispersion? Im tired of missing half my volley because rng threw them of while im sniping at max range. 

 This is the best part.

 

Fail border sniper :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAGE]
Players
116 posts
2,320 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

I was thinking more along the lines of making all her planned sisters into premium ships. E.g. make a copy of the current Montana, throw her into T6 where she belongs and rename her Ohio. Then have one for every tier up to T9 with appropriate and totally needed buffs added for each tier. E.g.

T7 - add Hydro, Smoke & Speed Boost - Rename: Maine

T8 - add Katies, 0m dispersion & Radar - Rename: New Hampshire

T9 - add DFAA, Missiles & Super Heal - Rename: Louisiana; behind free exp wall of at least 5m.

Montana would then get all the consumables from this year's Halloween Event added on top, which should finally make her approach a balanced state. Most likely still won't reach it, though.

Excuse me you're forgetting tiers 1-5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
28 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Applying everything from above to the Monty would still leave her underpowered as all out. She is at least gonna need every consumable in the game in separate slots with unlimited duration in addition to all that to become a viable ship.

 

True. Also, needs to get speed buffed to Khaba level + french speedboost. Result can be seen here:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
1 minute ago, Streef_ said:

Excuse me you're forgetting tiers 1-5.

 

But T1-5 premium ships clearly aren't expensive enough. The returns would be marginal for such genius work put into balancing the Montana.

Then again you could also easily copy the current Montana into T1-5 as well and she'd fit perfectly without adjustments. Just gotta make up some fantasy names for those.

 

2 minutes ago, EricCartman01 said:

wtf guys i was serial, why are you bullying me ?

 

We're obviously being totally serious as well. What are you on about?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAGE]
Players
116 posts
2,320 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

 

But T1-5 premium ships clearly aren't expensive enough. The returns would be marginal for such genius work put into balancing the Montana.

Then again you could also easily copy the current Montana into T1-5 as well and she'd fit perfectly without adjustments. Just gotta make up some fantasy names for those.

 

 

We're obviously being totally serious as well. What are you on about?

You're forgetting the magic word. Bundle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
Just now, Streef_ said:

You're forgetting the magic word. Bundle.

 

Ofc they're only going to be sold in super reasonably priced bundles. I thought that was a given?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAGE]
Players
116 posts
2,320 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

 

Ofc they're only going to be sold in super reasonably priced bundles. I thought that was a given?

Excuse me who doesn't need tens of millions of credits just after they bought a premium ship?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,656 battles
1 minute ago, Streef_ said:

Excuse me who doesn't need tens of millions of credits just after they bought a premium ship?

A buffed montana owner :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
3 minutes ago, Streef_ said:

You're forgetting the magic word. Bundle.

Buy 3 CVs and get a T1 Montana for free? :cap_yes: sounds reasonable.

 

13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Montana would then get all the consumables from this year's Halloween Event added on top, which should finally make her approach a balanced state. Most likely still won't reach it, though.

 

I literally had tears in my eyes from laughing, thinking about how that would look like. Just imagine, everybody in the server going like WTF? when Super-Montana turns that Chapayev consumable on, firing salvos at a reload of 1 sec, healing about 200k HP with each hit. That would be so hillarious.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAGE]
Players
116 posts
2,320 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Buy 3 CVs and get a T1 Montana for free? :cap_yes: sounds reasonable.

I was thinking more along the lines of buy 5 T1 Montanas and a load of useless bs and get a Graf Zeppelin initial release version for free.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×