You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
iRONiVAN_theBattleBorn

2 ideas: Exp for Silver and Surrender

50 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
293 battles

Hi,

While playing 2 ideas to improve the game occurred to me, thus I'd like to submit them here for your consideration.

Idea.1 - Exp for silver

Beyond a certain point we begin to gather mountains of experience which we have no use for. Would you consider an option to exchange this exp for silver, please? We're always scrambling for money.

As illustrated below the experience will just grow into tens of millions on the GK. I feel like 1:1 ratio would be a fair deal given the average exp per each game.

image.png.c2d3e7e4de0d8e0542b7fbe0e824f051.png

Idea.2 - Surrender

I feel like sometimes having this option would speed up closure of many games. If every remaining living member ticked a box to surrender and the team would find itself in consensus, we could save many minutes waiting to finish, sometimes.

Thank you and Happy New Year

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
17 minutes ago, myth8th said:

Idea.2 - Surrender

I feel like sometimes having this option would speed up closure of many games. If every remaining living member ticked a box to surrender and the team would find itself in consensus, we could save many minutes waiting to finish, sometimes.

...Thus cutting not only you own income short, but also the enemys. In roflstomp-rounds its hard enough to gain credits - especially on high tier with non-premium. Dunno why I would want to resign if loosing? Just go out there, do some damage. Good for credits, XP and stats.

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,033 posts
7,407 battles

One does simply not surrender.

One fights until the last breath!!!

SPARTA.jpg

• Cool 8

Players
3 posts
293 battles
17 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

...Thus cutting not only you own income short, but also the enemys. In roflstomp-rounds its hard enough to gain credits - especially on high tier with non-premium. Dunno why I would want to resign if loosing? Just go out there, do some damage. Good for credits, XP and stats.

On your point - hunting people or waiting to be hunted in BB across bigger maps isn't all that satisfying, and arguably profitable use of time. Experience and credits aren't the only factor to consider - some folks like having more practice rounds squeezed in to a certain time frame.

[CAIN]
Players
2,741 posts
11,013 battles

1. Never gonna happen. Credits are aquired way to easy, also WG wants you to convert the ship XP to free XP by buying doubloons. 

2. No, as i want to get as much damage as possible, without griefers effin up my game. A certain kind of player would abuse this to no end?

"mimimimi, i don't like the MM", "mimimimi, enemy team has this;...enemy team has that". No thanks.

• Cool 4

Players
1,065 posts
5,699 battles

Too many players already play like they surrendered from beginning.

It is not a real life. Fight to the end and die with honour.

• Cool 3

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
1 minute ago, myth8th said:

some folks like having more practice rounds squeezed in to a certain time frame.

Yea, and some folks like to get the most out of one round. On that matter, I would even like to see the 1000 points barrier removed. So many rounds ending, cuz enemy team didnt cap and lost 6 vs 0 ships. Low credits, low XP, low damage for many in the winning team. Just let the game continue. Only a few more mins and the winning team can get some more out of that... Also thats usualy why CVs survive. I cant count the times, Ive had a CV in sight / half dead / already permaburning down and CLICK 1000.

• Cool 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,436 posts
6,504 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Yea, and some folks like to get the most out of one round. On that matter, I would even like to see the 1000 points barrier removed. So many rounds ending, cuz enemy team didnt cap and lost 6 vs 0 ships. Low credits, low XP, low damage for many in the winning team. Just let the game continue. Only a few more mins and the winning team can get some more out of that... Also thats usualy why CVs survive. I cant count the times, Ive had a CV in sight / half dead / already permaburning down and CLICK 1000.

You make a valid point, but just as often as you reach 1000 points prematurely you can have games in which the battle would just drag on forever if it weren't for the point limit, or is in some cases the only thing keeping your team from losing. I vote no to that

Players
204 posts
329 battles

My time is worth more; won't stick around just to be target practice. WoT provides extra camo via bushes and you usually can shoot without being shoot back at, wows is just trading and angling your armour in most cases. For the argument of credit earning - all WG games haw a peak tier where you can't loose credits even if you afk (arount T5-6 in wot) and thats the whole idea of training/credit grinding premium ships anyway. So grinding credits in low tiers to pay for your high tier endeavours is nothing new.

I would like the option to convert ship exp to elite comander exp at any 1:X rate. Free exp is so out of the fashion considering WG new content release pace and it's usually the premiums that are worth getting anyway.

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
1 minute ago, domen3 said:

or is in some cases the only thing keeping your team from losing.

That, however, is very true. Losing those rounds would suck, I agree.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Plus, players might throw away a game which is close and they might even turn around in their favour.

Example: Three enemy ships left but only one of yours. And while the numbskull on your team (with quite an amount of health) ticks the surrender box because he didn't pay attention at all, you curse him because the three remaining enemies are all steaming right in his direction and could be taken out with two or three hits each.

Giving players the opportunity to give up just makes it easier for them to not even trying to win anymore when the situation seems dire thus throwing away the effort put into the battle by their team members.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,342 battles
2 hours ago, myth8th said:

Idea.2 - Surrender

This is an utterly great idea!

I would get into my favourite DD, look for the furthest corner of the map away from all enemy ships when the battle turns out a loss and when all others are clicking the "we give up" button frantically, would just giggle a bit and watch them sink...

Or I would initiate this "we give up" button press action right when the game starts, if the MM seems drunk again... or if I end up with a T8 in a T10 battle for the 5th time in a row or... or... or...

tl/dr: absolutely dumb idea. Too many players give up battles even without this option being really in the game already.

Players
204 posts
329 battles
9 minutes ago, SmartassNoob said:

I don't get it, why couldn't you just exit to port and get another ship?

Your ship gets locked for the duration of the battle that you left. People training captains get their premium ship and captain locked, stopping progress. It's especially annoying if you can play 2 hours a day. Thus people advance into other nation tech trees as filler even if they fawour a particual nation or ship.

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles
12 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

. Too many players give up battles even without this option being really in the game already.

This :Smile_great: soo mutch this :Smile_sceptic:

[HOME]
2,033 posts
7,407 battles
19 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Giving players the opportunity to give up just makes it easier for them to not even trying to win anymore when the situation seems dire thus throwing away the effort put into the battle by their team members.

Sun Tzu just came into mind;

Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight.

It's just better to not give people the option to escape, so they might actually try to fight :P

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
6 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Sun Tzu just came into mind;

Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight.

It's just better to not give people the option to escape, so they might actually try to fight :P

Which, in turn, reminds me of Sabaton's song Price of a Mile where this is part of the intro...

But yeah, sums it up pretty nicely.

[HOME]
2,033 posts
7,407 battles
12 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Which, in turn, reminds me of Sabaton's song Price of a Mile where this is part of the intro...

Not only you ;P

What's the price of a mile?

What's the price of a victory?

How much one needs to carry?

:Smile-_tongue: :Smile_bajan2:

Spoiler

We need to turn those song texts into wows theme ^^

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Before the points limit was introduced roughly 8% of games ended in draws I seem to remember, it was awful. I agree that the points limit often ends games too soon in both winning and losing causes and that some fine tuning to it could be nice, but removing it isn't the way to go.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
1 hour ago, Tungstonid said:

Plus, players might throw away a game which is close and they might even turn around in their favour.

A surrender option is dumb, I agree. However not letting the game continue beyond a certain point when ending early doesn't benefit anyone left to play out the game.

That could be easily rectified by, for example, introducing the following:

- if a team achieves the objective (either 1000 cap points or reducing the opponents points to 0) before the ~10 minute mark, the losing team is placed into a rout (or encirclement or whatever you want to call it), adding an additional ~5 minutes to the game time

- the winning team will now win regardless of how the battle proceeds and enjoy a fair bonus to their earnings

- the losing team now has the chance to either

1. Escape through a part of the map border (either fixed towards the enemy spawn or dynamic depending on the position of the winning team, placing it near the highest relative concentration of ships)

2. Kill all enemy ships

- a ship on the losing team that escapes gets their repair costs cut by ~20% as well as increasing the earnings of their team by a bit

- if all the ships on the winning team get destroyed earnings for the losing team will be as if they had won (or perhaps a bit lower)

This would place both teams in a situation from which they can benefit from. It would also (hopefully) lead to a direct confrontation between the remaining vessels instead of the run-&-hide-fests we usually get in roflstomp matches.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,726 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, nimlock sagte:

WoT provides extra camo via bushes and you usually can shoot without being shoot back at, wows is just trading and angling your armour in most cases.

What about islands and smokescreens?

Players
204 posts
329 battles
10 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

What about islands and smokescreens?

Hard cover that you can only utilyse if you haw a spotter plane/radar/hydro AND your shell arc is high enough to shot ower it and enemys isn't. Smoke screen is ship specific utility.

Bushes in WoT are just there for everyone. WG is introducing something simmilar to this mehanic with rain and cycones, but only smokescreen covers gun bloom :/

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
1 hour ago, Tungstonid said:

Good point. Giving up so easy also will stop you from becoming better. Ive learned a lot from situations, where I was outnumbered.

59 minutes ago, nimlock said:

Your ship gets locked for the duration of the battle that you left. People training captains get their premium ship and captain locked, stopping progress. It's especially annoying if you can play 2 hours a day. Thus people advance into other nation tech trees as filler even if they fawour a particual nation or ship.

Or... how about just give 100% always and in every situation - turning a battle around or becoming a better player overall will yield you way more credits / XP / Wins in the long run then saying "eff it, i quit".

Beta Tester
207 posts
6,021 battles
1 hour ago, nimlock said:

I like this. It provides an incentive for people to survive, try their hardest and maximise their contribution per game rather than yolo in, die, rinse and repeat.

Players
204 posts
329 battles

I don't use any mod packs showing me bad players (intel that i otherwise wouldn't  haw mid battle) so i consider all ships an equal threat. To pull off a 1 vs 3-5 only ever goes good against bad's. Heck, i had lot's of one man army momets in games, but it took preparation, money, the right atitude, enough sleep and food just to haw the sharp mind needed in that battle. But that's not how humans perform. Laziness and overconfidence is anyones achiless heel and it's ok just to play ships for the sake of fun (like if you hit a target, take a sip of rum etc.).

And lastly, i got the impression that  the Solo Warrior medal is among the rarest in wows. I got  Kolobanov's Medal in wot so i know the merit of geting one in a WG game. I always prefered win rate ower any dps farm statistic and you know when the battle is lost cause (hoping the 3-5 dudes make multiple mistakes is just wishful thinking, but it does happen... ~0.5% of times!? You haw so much freetime to roll the dice over and over?)