Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Maximo12345is

BB WITH 360 DEGREES ROTATABLE TURRETS

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

As far as I know IRL it was technically impossible to make heavy gun turrets rotate a full 360 degrees because of the internal mechanisms below the turret. Or it was a safety feature so the turrets could never accidentally turn far enough to hit the ship's own superstructure with their muzzle blast. I can't exactly remember.

I don't know the exact details, but there are some explanations around if you search for them. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,369 battles
6 minutes ago, Sander93 said:

As far as I know IRL it was technically impossible to make heavy gun turrets rotate a full 360 degrees because of the internal mechanisms below the turret. Or it was a safety feature so the turrets could never accidentally turn far enough to hit the ships own superstructure with their muzzle blast. I can't exactly remember.

I don't know the exact details, but there are some explanations around if you search for them. 

only issue with that is HMS Nelsons Turrets can...

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles
5 minutes ago, Maximo12345is said:

I am only asking to give bb ships that seem like they can fully rotate their turrets around to be able to do such things!

And i am asking for torps that actually had 25km range in real life to have it in game. 

Players
204 posts
329 battles
11 minutes ago, Maximo12345is said:

I am only asking to give bb ships that seem like they can fully rotate their turrets around to be able to do such things!

"World of Warships is a free-to-play action MMO that plunges players into intense naval combat of the first half of the XX century. The game provides players with a huge naval fleet and grants an opportunity to take command of legendary vessels and fight for domination on the high seas. Each machine has its unique realistic combination of firepower, speed, armor, and endurance—all technical specifications are historically accurate"

http://gotominsk.wargaming.com/en/games/?game=world-of-warships

Strange that you didn't ask for space flight capabilities on the Yamato:

giphy.gif

Or any other fiction...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
6 hours ago, SovietFury43 said:

Enought BB buffs!

BB buffs that haven't happened you mean? BBs pretty much haven't been changed in a long long time

7 hours ago, Maximo12345is said:

The Izumo why does it not have 360 degrees rotation on its center turret? 

Did any other bb have 360 rotatable turrets?

AFAIK no BBs have 360 turrets, and keep in mind that it isn't just the turret itself rotating - all the machinery below it has to rotate with it. Thus there may be technical limitations to to how far you can traverse the turret

5 hours ago, SovietFury43 said:

And i am asking for torps that actually had 25km range in real life to have it in game. 

Perfectly fine with it as long as BBs get their actual firing ranges instead of the shortened versions we have right now(and those torps get their actual "efficiency" of hitting a target and not exploding)

Beta Tester
71 posts

I would love Long Lance torpedoes to be in the game but at the same time I don't because if your ship gets hit when equipped with them there will be a mighty boom.

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

Long lance torps are in the game -> they were nerfed a long time ago because of  toperdoes soup boooooom you are sunk.

And no, no more buff for BB, there are currently 2 kinds of BB players.

Minority: Decent to great players who are enjoying being the king of the seas (and of course their WR and dmg average show that)

Majority: Border hugging tomatoes, who get torped by DD they can see, who cry because they sink after having turned into a BBQ, who insult their teams......after having left the cruisers and DD tank by themselves...........

Izumo is a quite good ship, doesn't need a buff.......

By the way OP you are trying to troll? You don't have even a single game in the izumo.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
3 minutes ago, SinkTheOthersNotMe said:

And no, no more buff for BB

Could you please quote those BB buffs to me? I seem to have missed them happening

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

For someone saying cruisers are useless are you trying to play the devil's advocate for BB?

Just to name a few.

Removal of stealth firing, huge buff for BB.

Smoke firing mechanisms, buff for BB simply because you (almost) never can find your BB being fired at by an invisible smoked BB.

Reworking of captain's skills: CE4 - JOAT 2 - HA 2 -FP 4, especially with fire prevention being created and CE being now down to only 4 points, allows good BB players to go back in concealment when focused too much and fire prevention is incredibly useful in conjonction with JOAT/HA + consumables and flags.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
6 minutes ago, SinkTheOthersNotMe said:

Removal of stealth firing, huge buff for BB.

BBs couldn't stealthfire, this is a nerf to those who could not a buff for those who couldn't

7 minutes ago, SinkTheOthersNotMe said:

Smoke firing mechanisms, buff for BB simply because you (almost) never can find your BB being fired at by an invisible smoked BB.

Massive nerf for BBs, if you don't know why - I've explained it enough times here, you simply fail to understand how the smoke works right now

7 minutes ago, SinkTheOthersNotMe said:

Reworking of captain's skills

Reworking captains skills is not a buff tu any single class, it's simply reworking captains skills.

Point me to a single actual BB buff. The only I can think of this year is Derpitz secondary range increase.

• Cool 1

Players
961 posts
4,957 battles

@wilkatis_LV well, I still do believe lowering the citadels on US bbs was quite unnecessary and that after the German line was introduced the trend to bbs being somewhat immune to other bbs was created. Looking at the RN bbs, there is no thing I like about them. None. Butchered the line of maybe the most famous navy in the world for gimmicks. I miss the old days when any bb making a huge misplay could be deleted for it. That was what made wows so much more attractive to me than wot. You're bad, you're dead. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles
5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Perfectly fine with it as long as BBs get their actual firing ranges instead of the shortened versions we have right now(and those torps get their actual "efficiency" of hitting a target and not exploding)

Perfectly fine with it as long as BBs get their actual hitratios ...

Or actually not, since that would also mean we'd have to change the vast majority of the other ships aswell, remove all maps except Ocean, make it 25 times bigger and then suffer a horribly unbalanced, slow-placed simulation of you sailing zigzags, hardly hitting anything and then getting nuked by a concentrated fleet carrier strike.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,717 posts
9,234 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Perfectly fine with it as long as BBs get their actual hitratios ...

Or actually not, since that would also mean we'd have to change the vast majority of the other ships aswell, remove all maps except Ocean, make it 25 times bigger and then suffer a horribly unbalanced, slow-placed simulation of you sailing zigzags, hardly hitting anything and then getting nuked by a concentrated fleet carrier strike.

Or get hit by a sub while on the loading screen:cap_book:

• Funny 1

[WCWVE]
Players
818 posts
12,456 battles

There are 2 reasons why turrets can not rotate through the entire 360 degree arc

Firstly, turrets were designed so that they could never rotate far enough to cause damage to there own vessel

Secondly, machinery limitations 

To counter the argument that Rodney/Nelson had full rotating turrets, just checked in my copy of Jane's and the respective arcs for the three turrets were: -

A Turret - 298 degrees

B Turret - 330 degrees

Q Turret - 250 degrees (midships turrets were always given middle alphabet numbers)

Stern turrets were always X and Y 

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
176 posts
13,156 battles

I had a Fuso once that did that. Straight trough the superstructure. Was in ranked too, rear turrets best turrets. Giggled about it, abused it. But once they got out if the SS they couldn't do it any more :'(.

Sign in to follow this