Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Can we look at MM in next update?

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,542 battles

@Tuccy @MrConway 

Today i faced 3 radars vs 0 radars in 3 different 3 cap domination games. This happened to me about 10 times last month. Last 2 games were 3 vs 0 radars AND 2 vs 0 hydros (the enemy team had a Z and a Loyang as well, on top of the 3 radars).

I know that you have a 5% chance of pulling a Hail Mary and actually win against these odds, but seriously? I cant imagine that it would be that big of a task to tweak the perameters in the MM to take into considerations radars and hydros as well? Because these kind of MM is pretty silly. Needless to say all our DDs were dead within 3 minutes and they had all the caps. Atleast make these games standard games! So the radars wont break the competition.

Is this something we can look at?

• Cool 5

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Already brought up before, WG says it has no profound effect on the results of the battle.

The forum potatoes will probably tell you to "gitgud" or "bait radar" or some other meaningless gibberish, meanwhile every other player worth his salt knows that MM like this pretty much always ens up in a roflstomp.

Alas, nothing will be done about it in the end, one less reason to play high tier matches.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,831 battles

The one team with radars and the other not has been brought up a number of times but I doubt that anything will happen until someone from WG is in such a  battle a number of times (I would wish that would happen to them for eternity to be honest).

I've been in battles where the enemy has two Belfasts and an Atlanta neither in a division where we had none.

MM has a lot to be desired from the only one DD in a battle to at least matching the tiers of DD let alone the type of DD (gunboat and torp).  The other day I was in a battle in my Kamikaze and our team had 3 tier 5 DDs and the enemy team had 3 tier 6 DDs - neither of any of the DD players were in a division.

I doubt that MM will ever be perfect but there are some glaring problems with it.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,364 battles
2 hours ago, collin_mats said:

Is this something we can look at?

I usually look at the MM before every battle... often I scratch my head or shake it slowly a bit... and sometimes I let out a sigh...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
204 posts
329 battles

It's a general problem with all WG games.

I see a rather simple solution right away to this mess: strip BB's from all utility other than defensive capabilities and the game would balance itself out:

firepower and tankines - BB

utility and support - CL

flimsy and deadly - DD

the annoyance - CV

Because classes get underrepresented due lack of diversification of power we get the all in one BB's and the fast paced DD's meta right now. Nerfs are incomming for BB, but first they will throw out bait for the spenders to  jump ship  minimizing the backfire clash.

This mess of stock ships, low lvl captains and no modules or consumables in randoms would end if co-op would haw the same exp reward. Now you get tomatos taking up slots and performing worse than bots in randoms and still getting better exp than co-op. Human selfishness and bad game design. Tho after the introduction of ranked the unicum status dropps considerably, seeing as you haw to fight among unicums in all battles constantly, which dosen't go well with a flawless record of win%.

Players
29 posts
619 battles

I cannot believe there isnt enough players (even in peek hours) so matchmaker cant have -1 and +1 tier. So basically very often im uptiered by 2 tiers up.....how is that possible with so many players? Its fake...Its forcing ppl to grind to tier X...

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles
3 hours ago, _blackram_ said:

I cannot believe there isnt enough players (even in peek hours) so matchmaker cant have -1 and +1 tier. So basically very often im uptiered by 2 tiers up.....how is that possible with so many players? Its fake...Its forcing ppl to grind to tier X...

Just stuff which ppl make up... look at the numbers for T2-T4 and compare to the other Tiers... then u see why +/-1 MM would be perfectly manageable on all Tiers and not on the lower once... If anything it would need to be vice versa by player numbers :cap_haloween:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
3 hours ago, nimlock said:

Nerfs are incomming for BB

What are you smoking and can I have some?

• Funny 1

Players
204 posts
329 battles

You obviously haw no game design knowledge or you pretend not to (troll bait?). WG nerfed all classes except BB's, so who is on the chopping block next?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
15 minutes ago, nimlock said:

WG nerfed all classes except BB's, so who is on the chopping block next?

They have been consistently doing so for the last two years, what makes you think that's going to change?

Applying game design knowledge to what WG is doing has failed ages ago.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
2 minutes ago, nimlock said:

BB gameplay will get boring eventually

917c44b347e6f983236c86186b4af0f8--new-me

• Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
6 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I usually look at the MM before every battle... often I scratch my head or shake it slowly a bit... and sometimes I let out a sigh...

I tend to give it the first 5 mins.

Seeing DDs yolo or avoid caps along with BBs who sail to borders gets the sigh treatment as it's another game that's a waste of everyone's time.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,909 posts
7,759 battles

What bugs me most is 1 vs 2 DDs in domination (preferably the sole DD in team being a Kiev or Khaba). Specially on "split" maps, such as Two Brothers.

Happened yesterday, where we had a Kiev and enemy had 2x Shiratsuyu.

And radar ships ... 

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
577 posts
21,146 battles

The worst mm I've had is been in a shokaku up against 2 Des Moines 2 minotaurs 1 Neptune and 2 Montanas. Let's just say not much damage was done by me that game. It's alright to be uptiered like that in any other ship because you can still shoot the tier 10s but with a tier 8 cv against that kind of as it is near enough impossible to land off any drops. The best thing to drop after the dds if they are not in the aa umbrella of the Minos is sadly the enemy cv. 

Beta Tester
413 posts
14 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

I've been in battles where the enemy has two Belfasts and an Atlanta neither in a division where we had none.

And the problem with this is. My team has won against these sorts of divisions a few times. They are all squishy ships so don't take much to take them down. In fact in one game I had the pleasure of getting all 3 kills of one of these divisions while in my froggie cruiser.  They were not happy.  But they did meet 3/4 of my team on their side of the map 

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
80 posts
3,759 battles

I would rather wait 30 to 60 seconds in the queue for better MM than what we have now

• Cool 1

Players
229 posts
7,231 battles

Meh worst match maker of 2017, doubt it will improve any and completely invalids this game.

War Gaming only do imbalance, cos that makes for a fun experience, right, Right!.

Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,542 battles
On 2017-12-31 at 8:19 AM, nambr9 said:

What bugs me most is 1 vs 2 DDs in domination (preferably the sole DD in team being a Kiev or Khaba). Specially on "split" maps, such as Two Brothers.

Happened yesterday, where we had a Kiev and enemy had 2x Shiratsuyu.

And radar ships ... 

Yup, that is pretty much my every game in my Khaba. 3 cap dom game vs 2 Gearing on the enemy team. I cant close in on any caps because im permaspotted all game and my only hope is that my team take them out and i can cap late game. But that is a tall order.

I also like 2 Loyang vs 2 Ognevois in ranked.......

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this