You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Strangefruit

1st to spot missions.

14 comments in this topic

Players
118 posts

Can those that design missions stop putting in 1st to spot missions or ones that require the player to not work as a part of the team.

It's bad enough having players YOLO as it is without forcing players to do it.

Teamplay is bad enough as it with BBs hiding on the next map to avoid getting paintwork damaged and US cv's now being as rare as rocking horse poo since the massive nerf (sorry brain dead upgrade by the clueless dev team)they received recently. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,014 posts
24,211 battles

But it is the DDs job to scout, it is not difficult to do them by just playing normally,

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,565 posts
8,265 battles

Ah yes. I spent the night farming negative karma and dumping my win rate doing the "Be the first to spot a German BB using a RN CL."

I don't mind these missions as much if you can pick a DD or even a CV. But forcing you to suicide charge at the start of the battle in a cruiser with a plane mounted instead of smoke, hoping to outpace your own DDs. Not to mention it being basically impossible in CV battles and literally impossible when there's no German BB on the enemy team.

Not fun for me, not fun for my team.

As someone who never gives up a battle and always try to play to win (before tonight). It hurts when I basically can't complete a mission while at the same time playing to win.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,837 posts
6,919 battles
32 minutes ago, Dr_Strangefruit said:

US cv's now being as rare as rocking horse poo since the massive nerf

I'm meeting US CVs more than before the rework, and what nerf are you talking about? Ok, I've heard Essex is in a bit worse position now? Every other reworked US CV is simply better than they were previously. And they are running actually useful setups instead of AS

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,053 posts
5,835 battles
30 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

But it is the DDs job to scout, it is not difficult to do them by just playing normally,

If you look at the mission (Battle of The North Cape, Mission 1, Task 1) it's to be the first to spot a German battleship in a British CA/CL.

That has nothing to do with DDs.

As the OP has posted someone needs to have a think about some of these missions.

Edited: Personally, I avoided that task by doing tasks 2, 3 and 4.  I did try task 5 but I've not had much luck with my Duke of York yet (and I don't claim to be a good player).  Also if I needed the stars from that task I'd simply repeat one of the tasks I'd already completed - I'm fairly sure you get the stars again but not the rewards for the task completion.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
413 posts

I just keep doing the missions that I can complete fairly easily. There is no point me trying to torp stuff for missions for example. I don't play CV's and I rarely play DD's and I am not going to start for some crappy missions. I just keep doing the get X amount of damage or set X amount of fires. I then just play and eventually you complete them. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,014 posts
24,211 battles
57 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

If you look at the mission (Battle of The North Cape, Mission 1, Task 1) it's to be the first to spot a German battleship in a British CA/CL.

That has nothing to do with DDs.

As the OP has posted someone needs to have a think about some of these missions.

Edited: Personally, I avoided that task by doing tasks 2, 3 and 4.  I did try task 5 but I've not had much luck with my Duke of York yet (and I don't claim to be a good player).  Also if I needed the stars from that task I'd simply repeat one of the tasks I'd already completed - I'm fairly sure you get the stars again but not the rewards for the task completion.

Correct but OP does not specify that, there are several scout first missions also in the campaigns that are DD suited

[-RDE-]
Players
130 posts
12,899 battles

these campaigns are beyond stupid (be the first to spot) and are imho not conducive to good game play. and i'm now stuck trying to outrun my teamates like ppl have mentioned. cvs at my lvl aren't any good because by the time they've launched the dds are spotting and i refuse to just run and die as this is totally unfair to my team.. why can you not just repeat older targets but increase by one citidel etc?    just arrggg . :)

best place to do them is ranked, but not everyone has t8 ships ...

[SUOLA]
Beta Tester
7 posts
2,806 battles

I admit i went full suicide rush with fastest DD's i had to get the stupid spot missions done. 

I question the Quality assurance teams and design teams sanity when designing these missions (Not fun, causes different gameplay than normal, suicide rushing, since only 1st person gets it causes people with mostly BB's, CA/CL be at disadvantage.)

Players
2,160 posts
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

After few try attempts I can finally realize how annoying is this mission. 

Having now played 12 DD games in a row (at various tiers) added to the fact that I actively play DD as a spotter and cap contester I have the grand total of 3 of 12 progress. Each game had at least one CV which of course did the 1st spotting. Very annoying. 

[POP]
Players
344 posts
7,997 battles

The damage missions aren't any better. Farming bow on KM BBs instead of broadside cruisers next to the said BBs...

Players
1,835 posts
10,304 battles
7 hours ago, Dr_Strangefruit said:

...... and US cv's now being as rare as rocking horse poo since the massive nerf (sorry brain dead upgrade by the clueless dev team)they received recently............

:fish_palm: :cap_old: