You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
P2Win

What do you guys consider a good day in warships?

36 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,041 battles

As the title say...What do you consider to be a good day for you in warships? Do you care more about wins? More about meeting new people and possibly making new friends? Or do you just play the game for fun and try not to get angry?

Personally for me I don't care about wins...as long as I farm some damage.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

/ rant Lol. Today is not one of them. Total win or hit prohibition. Nearly every game I'm in the radar/ CV/ DD/ tier disadvantage (and this mathematical query should be interpreted as an "and") It seems Greenpeace has taken over my port altogether. I like good battles in which one side is outsmarting/ having better tactics or can play better then the other. I'm getting really tired of RNG being my main opponent. Seriously considering not shooting anymore at all to save ammo. Shooting will yield overpens, shatters, bounces or pen without damage anyway. Red ships "smelling" when I launch a spread, eating citadels by any ship in any angle looking funny at me. Today was my worst wows days ever/ rant

The best days I'm having are the ones in which I feel there is some sort of rudimentary teamplay. Either you roll them over or go down as a team. Farming dmg is 1 aspect. I had a match this week in which a Montana had high caliber and conferate. We lost, because that player was only keen on harvesting dmg. I'm not saying it's not important. But winning is more. If he'd (she?) played a tiny bit more careful he'd still have those achievements and we'd have won.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts

It is a good question!

I think when at the end of game session I still haven't used even single report. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,364 battles
1 hour ago, P2Win said:

As the title say...What do you consider to be a good day for you in warships? Do you care more about wins? More about meeting new people and possibly making new friends? Or do you just play the game for fun and try not to get angry?

"meet people"??? "Make new friends"????

If I would want to do that, I'd leave my house and go to some spot where I could meet people...

So for me, a good day in game means: 50%+ Winrate. That's the base line. The day gets better when I

• manage to sink someone I know through the forum
  • manage to sink someone in an officially OP ship (Orion, Nikolai, Gremlin, Kamikaze etc....)
  • manage to sink someone I know through the forum who is in an officially OP ship...

13 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

I think when at the end of game session I still haven't used even single report.

That hasn't happened to me ever...

• Cool 2

Players
204 posts
329 battles

First win of the day reward earned on first try for all ships. Completing tasks in time for the turn it - nothing more dreaful, than hours spend on attempting to finish and failling in the end.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,376 posts
9,288 battles

A good day for me is more wins than losses in which I performed adequately. If I perform badly it's always someone elses fault but mine!

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,246 battles

My good day is when i end up with 50%+wr, earn a wad of silver (im forever broke lol), do 60+k avg dmg and get teams that dont collapse in the first 5mins :Smile_bajan2:

anything more is just a bonus. 

[PARAZ]
[PARAZ]
Players
36 posts
5,325 battles

A day with BBs in the team with an average IQ higher 60, but this day will never come.

[AAO]
Players
1,806 posts
9,603 battles
7 minutes ago, Lykk00 said:

A day with BBs in the team with an average IQ higher 60, but this day will never come.

Combined? With 5 BBs per team, should be in the realm of possibilities, I'd say.

• Funny 1

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles

Lost the ENTIRETY of my Midway's air wing to 3 strafes. The laggiest, Most desync'y load of bull you'll ever witness in your life, Not even aimed at my planes, Going where they were 3 seconds before and not where they were then, Bam. Entire air wing gone, Lmao. I was so turned i ctrl escaped, Opened task manager and closed the game. Got butchered by Desync, Not cool.

And thennnnnn, I had a clear skies 200,000damage romp in the next match. Which was a good day i guess? Lmao

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,723 posts
7,564 battles
7 hours ago, P2Win said:

Very team player of you.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,041 battles
1 hour ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Very team player of you.

That’s how I play. Usually if at the start of the game we point out 2 objective...5 minute later..half my team on A when we said BC...it’s a lost cause...so I just use my range as a benefit.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

For me there are a few different reasons that make a day good. 

Cheezing with my clan mates

Winning a lot 

Getting consistently outplayed by a certain enemy (appreciate his skill)

Getting matched with or against my favourite streamer 

What will frustrate me

Too many hard counters without chance to outplay them

Making an absolutely stupid and moronic mistake, knowing better than to do that and for some reason still doing it. This is my number 1 reason for rage quits. I can handle idiots on my team. I can handle chance detonations. I can handle allies snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But I cannot stand my own mistakes. 

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,091 posts
8,476 battles
10 hours ago, P2Win said:

.What do you consider to be a good day for you in warships? Do you care more about wins?

Of course not care about wins. Why would I?

These kind of games are my favourites!

shot-17_12.25_21_54.10-0330.thumb.jpg.048f073f4ecfd91bf312eba074623b42.jpg

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Every day I spend in WoW means I am not at work.

Therefore, every day in WoW is a good day.

• Cool 3

1,471 posts
10,088 battles

Yesterday was one of worst days in my WoWS life ( thank god I had to work so I could not play much) but it was pure stomping. like 10-0 games in row..... duh

[H_FAN]
Players
2,003 posts
24,125 battles

Get a few good games where both the team and myself performs good

Get a game where I save the game

Get a game where I fight well even if we lose, "carry harder games"

Make some good strikes against well known

Have time to play

Accomplish difficult missions

Setting personal records in ships, or very good results in general (100000 f.e. in Bogatyr and upwards depending on ship) 

The very few times where I feel that this is a  good result even across servers. 

Like when I reached 197K in Dunkerque that was a very good feeling. Or a Nagato game with 6 kills and excellent gameplay where many remaining teammembers (some already sunk) praised me in game chat several times, , not a single step wrong that really feels good. Or the duel between me and the enemy remaining NM and I had a NM with almost zero health each where I in the last second managed to kill him, where enemy was ahead in points, 

Less good:

Losing strikes even if I play well

winning strikes if I do not deserve it

Getting sunk embarrisingly early when there are fellow forumites on our team or enemy team, and even worse killed by them

I play some times long sessions in the weekends so my feeling is almost always based on a number of games 

[ARP]
Players
19 posts
1,817 battles

If i dont get 1st battle of day against reta** navy Conqueror ( totally ballanced in eyes of WG ). But most of the time if i can just get my bonus XP or have some funny matches, not those quick ones when your team magicaly dies in first 2 mins :D .

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles

I used to say if I have over 60% winrate that day.

That has become a rarity. I'm now already happy if I win more than I lose. I don't like to get steamrolled (who does) and I want to do decent for the ship I'm playing. One bad match doesn't matter that much, but I have some ships with my average dmg over 10k-20k below the server average, if not more.

Also don't like to get sunk embarrasly when forumites are around. I remember a game in Gearing, forumite on the enemy team. We said hi, game started, I smoked an ally and got plane spotted and killed. 0xp -_- but we won and I got complimented (likely by that forumite)

If I haven't ragequitted I think I had a good day.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

As long as I'm trying to give the best try to win (no matter if it's a loss) I consider it a good day. 

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,344 battles

Seems to be every day is a good day lately, "Whats going on?" 8 games, @ 87.5% WR, last 11 games 73% WR, I seriously can't complain if I have a run of loses.

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,344 battles
5 hours ago, Bounercz said:

against reta** navy Conqueror

Are you calling the Royal Navy Retarted, or just WG's version of the Royal Navy?

[SPOOD]
Players
37 posts
4,306 battles

I consider it a good day when I don't play warships. Especially recently, Steam + holidays + ranked = worst warship experienceI've had in a while.