Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Riggerby

Free XP Advice?

27 comments in this topic

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles

So i've accumulated quite a stack now, about 830,000 (130k converted, 700k non converted), And with the discount of 1DB=35xp currently on discount (Compared to usual 1DB=25xp), i feel like i mayaswell bite into it now right?. Its practically enough XP to complete any line in the game.

but, Im quite unsure what to do with it, Im not really too fussed about buying Missouri since i already have Iowa (Alot of xp and money for the same ship bar radar)

So what do you think?

Get Missouri even though i have iowa?

Convert now and wait a month or two and Get Musashi ?

Just complete an entire line to Tier X ? (Obviously buying and playing all i XP skip so i dont miss the experience?)

Idk, What would you guys do with it?.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,436 posts
6,504 battles

Well I bought the Missouri. I really liked my iowa, and missouri is even better. + I really need credits at the moment and any missions that require gathering of said credits are much shorter.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles

Missouri definitely.

I never saw a reason to rush a tech tree line. I'd rather play the game.

Missouri is a tried and tested ship both as a good performer and a great grinder. If you have the Iowa then you know if you'll like it.

It's going away soon and the replacement looks to be both worse and more expensive.

• Cool 2

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles
1 minute ago, domen3 said:

Well I bought the Missouri. I really liked my iowa, and missouri is even better. + I really need credits at the moment and any missions that require gathering of said credits are much shorter.

Mhhmm, Very true point, I see where you're coming from, And im very tempted by it, but, Eh, Idk, Just cant help but have that little feeling like splashing it all out on something completely exotic and new. Maybe a Tier X CV, Lemme skip this terrible Lexington grind, Haha, Idk. Mushashi looks like an absolute beast though, 460's vs Tier 7, ouch.

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles
Just now, Nechrom said:

Missouri definitely.

Missouri is a tried and tested ship both as a good performer and a great grinder. If you have the Iowa then you know if you'll like it.

It's going away soon and the replacement looks to be both worse and more expensive.

Im probably going to break the forums here, But, I personally never felt a connection with Iowa. Its not even like shes a bad ship, She just, Dosent suit my play style i guess. I think when i was playing her Grinding monty was back before the US BB's got that Critadel buff, So i was finding myself just getting slapped 40,000damage everytime a Tier X BB fired at me, Kind of took my enjoyment out of her, its a shame because she really is a decent ship, beautiful too (Which is important also), but idk, I feel like with BB's, My play style is more the true tankist, Big heavy hitting salvo roll, The lesser armour and more agility was just wasted with me.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

mushashi is nerfed Yamto. Id advice rush to Yama if you're considering that boat.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles
4 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Im probably going to break the forums here, But, I personally never felt a connection with Iowa. Its not even like shes a bad ship, She just, Dosent suit my play style i guess. I think when i was playing her Grinding monty was back before the US BB's got that Critadel buff, So i was finding myself just getting slapped 40,000damage everytime a Tier X BB fired at me, Kind of took my enjoyment out of her, its a shame because she really is a decent ship, beautiful too (Which is important also), but idk, I feel like with BB's, My play style is more the true tankist, Big heavy hitting salvo roll, The lesser armour and more agility was just wasted with me.

Well the Iowa/Missouri definitely has the firepower. The only BB with more armor is the Yamato, but it instead has the vulnerable citadel.

If you haven't played the Iowa since they essentially removed its citadel then you should definitely give it another go.

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,041 battles

If you don't like to play high tier, don't get the Missouri. It would be a shame to have her in your port and not play her. Missouri is great at farming credits and radar is always fun to mess around with other people hiding in smoke. If you're a cruiser player...try to get zao/hindenburg, you'd have endless hours of fun in those 2 ships.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles
28 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

mushashi is nerfed Yamto. Id advice rush to Yama if you're considering that boat.

And with almost the same MM. Will probably be also more expensive in XP than Missori, at least 1 mil, maybe 1.5 mil.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,002 posts
24,082 battles

It depends on your inflow of FreeXP, but where Missouri by common wisdom is a great T9 Musashi is a downgraded T10. BTW I never use freexp to skip ships in a line only stock hulls etc, the low end ships are very fast to move through if you shpuld play them anyway. However it depends also on your moneysituation, if you have flags and high tier ships which prodices free xp , your long term strategic usage. i have both Missouri and Nelson and around 1.000.000 freexp for Musashi + other uses

to move throu 

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,388 battles

I m just about 97k free xp away from Missouri before 2nd January (before 35 xp convert bonus end)

What you need for Missouri grind?

- Premium account and prem. ship (tier 5-8)

- Papa papa flags

- Ouroboros flags

- Hydra flags

- Victory salute camo on ships ;)

- Win a match

That is my key to grinding.

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

I m just about 97k free xp away from Missouri before 2nd January (before 35 xp convert bonus end)

What you need for Missouri grind?

- Premium account and prem. ship (tier 5-8)

- Papa papa flags

- Ouroboros flags

- Hydra flags

- Victory salute camo on ships ;)

- Win a match

That is my key to grinding.

I have 830,000+ free xp right now, But, I just know really know if i want lexington, just feel like its over rated a bit.

[BYOB]
Players
3,380 posts
11,982 battles

Remember, the Missouri is going away with no guarantee it will ever come back. Which means that the ship that saw the end of WWII might leave port forever.

Besides, the Steven Seagal easter egg is worth it to have the ship in your port.

• Cool 1

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles
6 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Remember, the Missouri is going away with no guarantee it will ever come back. Which means that the ship that saw the end of WWII might leave port forever.

Besides, the Steven Seagal easter egg is worth it to have the ship in your port.

the say what now? Haha

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
44 minutes ago, 22cm said:

And with almost the same MM. Will probably be also more expensive in XP than Missori, at least 1 mil, maybe 1.5 mil.

My dear friend Failmu has made a vid in which I totally agree with him. I don't like Yamato in wows whatsoever. Too RNG depending: IF you find a nice spot to parc, IF you have good teamplayers who will help you and IF Jupiter, Venus, Mars, Pluto and all their moons are aligned then this ship will shine. The only thing it's having are awesome guns. That's it. Otherwise it's a non moving, spotted from ISS, non turning, fire attracting, floating citadel, which can be easily taken out by a CV player with 2 braincells active. My Yamato is rusting in peace in port. I can't bring it to my heart to sell it. Because it's one of my "sacred 3" (Bismarck, Arizona). And that's it as well. I've been too many time disappointed in this ship in wows I'm afraid I'll never take it out again. Or tell me what I'm doing wrong. In order to dodge any torps I have to make an appointment for next week's battles for the rudder to even respond. Yes Yama has awesome torp protection. But that doesn't help if 25 torps are coming your way and the bloody rudder won't respond and I'm forced to eat 24 of them. And that's in a nose in situation....

Edit: So I'd rather spend my free XP to... Nothing I guess. Mushashi will not be a port parasite for me.

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Answer is made pretty simple for me by the incoming departure of the Missouri, it's the only current option which is time-limited. You have until the death of the game to grind a tier 10, but just over a month to purchase a Missouri if you're ever going to want it.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,380 posts
11,982 battles
6 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

the say what now? Haha

Steven Seagal as Chief Petty Officer Casey Ryback walks around the ship while in port, carrying a big pot, doing an Aikido routine etc.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120808201318

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
160 posts
1,479 battles
1 minute ago, rvfharrier said:

Answer is made pretty simple for me by the incoming departure of the Missouri, it's the only current option which is time-limited. You have until the death of the game to grind a tier 10, but just over a month to purchase a Missouri if you're ever going to want it.

Tbh, I'm not really bothered by it, If i wasnt Tier X on US BB's already, Then yes, i'd get it, but, I just cant, mentally be aight with spending 750,000xp and the 22,000 gold on a ship i already have with added radar, some better credit income, minutely better bow, And a '63' star spangled flag on A turret. 

I just feel like, For that money, You want someone completely fresh and different, A new experience almost? Youre practically spending the same money as a new game, If i bought it id just be buying a 1.5 of the game i already own, haha. 

Sort of in the same sense my Warspite leaves me not being bothered to grind Queen Elizabeth, or how my Derpitz leaves me not bothered to grind Bismarck, Its just.. too much for the same experience i suppose.

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
181 posts
5,896 battles
1 hour ago, rvfharrier said:

+1 for get the Missouri from me too, and I like your reasoning.

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles

I have a few questions:

2 hours ago, Riggerby said:

So i've accumulated quite a stack now, about 830,000 (130k converted, 700k non converted), And with the discount of 1DB=35xp currently on discount (Compared to usual 1DB=25xp), i feel like i mayaswell bite into it now right?. Its practically enough XP to complete any line in the game.

Why do you convert if you have 830k of them? I dont understand the logic behind it.

Maybe a Tier X CV, Lemme skip this terrible Lexington grind

So you are doing bad in the CV on T7 and think u gonna be awesome on T10? Without learning what you do wrong? Just cuz T10 is "better" then T7? Again, I fail to see the logic. But its another puzzlepiece whats wrong with T10...

[TIPC]
Players
388 posts
17,257 battles

Mhhmm, Very true point, I see where you're coming from, And im very tempted by it, but, Eh, Idk, Just cant help but have that little feeling like splashing it all out on something completely exotic and new. Maybe a Tier X CV, Lemme skip this terrible Lexington grind, Haha, Idk. Mushashi looks like an absolute beast though, 460's vs Tier 7, ouch.

if u havent enev grind tier 8 cv..i believe it will be very bad experiense to have a tier 10 cv...and be ready for many reports lol..

[TIPC]
Players
388 posts
17,257 battles
9 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

But its another puzzlepiece whats wrong with T10

tell us more about whats wrong in t10 with your huge experiense of 28 battles!!:cap_hmm:

i think u are a little bit post forum warior though..1000posts 230 battles in tier 9-10.............:fish_palm:

• Boring 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
1 minute ago, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

tell us more about whats wrong in t10 with your huge experiense of 28 battles!!:cap_hmm:

i think u are a little bit post forum warior though..1000posts 230 battles in tier 9-10.............:fish_palm:

Uuh somebody didnt get any present for Xmas from his parents and needs to vent in the internet XD

9c6f2ff7347e5fcdc0039dccdf34bae8--holida

[TIPC]
Players
388 posts
17,257 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Uuh somebody didnt get any present for Xmas from his parents and needs to vent in the internet XD

9c6f2ff7347e5fcdc0039dccdf34bae8--holida

i believe in  3months form now and maybe earlier your posts number will be biger than your battles number..as u share your endless wisdom that u have in this game...:cap_like:

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
3 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Missouri definitely.

I do rush lines sometimes. I tend to enjoy tier 7 and 9 a lot more that tier 4-6. I feel it is more of a challenge with more counters to me. They are tiers I don't feel hampered by my ships capabilities. 

But if you like the Iowa, you can't go wrong with the misery. Especially with the massive economy advantage and radar. Plus you can put your commander on a different tree BB and still take the tier 9 out for a spin. 

Sign in to follow this