Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pontacringeoana

Failed Ranked as a symptom of greed

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
56 posts
11,351 battles

There are 2 big problem with this season in my opinion and this is repeating

1. Premium ships that dominate regular:

Loyang, Kidd, Alabama

this is not OK, so players are pushed to use real money for win 

2. Unbalanced MM when one of the team has CA's with radar and DD's with hydro and the other team has nothing

When this happen all the time the last team lose

This is not OK, losing from start means a BIG FAIL

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
49 posts
2,730 battles
18 minutes ago, pontacringeoana said:

Loyang, Kidd, Alabama

2. Unbalanced MM when one of the team has CA's with radar and DD's with hydro and the other team has nothing

This is not OK, losing from start means a BIG FAIL

1. Loyang sucks this season. Just cause it has some sonar it doesnt mean anything when you get cruisers with radar. Kidd is under performing. Alabama is not that much different than north carolina so can it.

2.In my experience ships with lots of utilities under perform in comparison with honest and simple ships.

do bother to check some community contributor vids man...

Why do ppl like to come here to troll? You're here as long as i am and you got 7,251 battles ... do not play the role of a scrub or a troll. You should already be an expert in this, your stats look good enough. You should be able to carry to victory. I do it when others in my team dont. Yes most ppl just click "ranked" like japanese tourist taking pictures of the Parthenon  but tend to stay at low ranks. Why are you repeating the words of other trolls and scrub...show some self respect mate.

i also need to ask this...did you play any ranked this season? i checked your stats and didnt see any recent battles in ranked.

[CAIN]
Players
2,741 posts
11,013 battles

Ranked has many issues, premium ships are indeed one.

But it's not them being strong, it's the complete potatoes playing them.

And that's been t6his way ever since season one.

The main issue is, that WG allows window lickers to buy themselves in ranked and do the dumbest $hit possible. 

The few who play consistently good in ranked, can do so in any ship.

Tl;dr: it's not that premium ships are dominating, it's the fact that braindead oxygen wasters are playing them, failing up their way to rank 1.

Easy way to fix: qualification runs for Ranked.

• Cool 5

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,322 battles
1 hour ago, pontacringeoana said:

Loyang, Kidd, Alabama

Are you stating that in every game you have played so far in RB that, not one player in your team has had a premium ship? 

Akizuki, NC, Bismarck and Amagi are all good ships for RB, you should try one of those.

Beta Tester
56 posts
11,351 battles
11 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Are you stating that in every game you have played so far in RB that, not one player in your team has had a premium ship? 

Akizuki, NC, Bismarck and Amagi are all good ships for RB, you should try one of those.

Where i  said that ??

But if you play Benson like me  60% of time the other team has +1 loyang

Players
1,674 posts
12,399 battles

I was very unsatisfied with Alabama's dispersion so I use NC as main BB now. Bismarck is nice as well, and unlike in random battles where I prefer Tirpitz, I think Bismarck has the edge here. Although I have now seen some exceptional Enterprise performance by Redcap, Shokaku is my preferred CV for ranked (will see if I play her again tho, have to see the meta in higher leagues first).

So far I have not seen an overperforming Kidd. They tend to survive longer than some other DDs but at some point even the heal is no longer enough for her to have any impact.

Admittedly, my prime ship for ranked is Kutuzov at the moment thanks to her main gun performance. So yes, a premium ship that I consider much stronger than her silver peer, but also more selfish.

[AAO]
Players
401 posts
7,170 battles

I dont have issues with premium ships this season apart from complete trash gets hands on them and buy lo yang, runs it with speed boost instead of hydro.

Teams iw been in im amazed how they survive in real life and not die pulling plastic bag over theyr head.

DDs rushing lo yangs smoke early game while there is hydro up, DDs and Cruisers doing stupid decisions just to throw a game in last minute. Like stop firing and stop = win and they keep on firing to theyr max range and die in last moment. Or DD reversing around an island chased by bismarck doing 30knts, while having 2 caps and point lead.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Lo Yang doesn't suck but it's not a super weapon like what some may think.

She's got relatively low HP, mediocre DPM and weak torps. Just don't get too near one if you know they've got smoke and Hydro without Radar Allies nearby. That's easier said than done sometimes!

I'm finding Kidd lets me down with her single torp launcher. Torps are a pretty big part of Ranked DD play, as the threat of smoke being torped or a point blank spread can influence how the enemy treats you. 

I'm currently using the Aki with an 18 point captain as an Anti DD micro Cruiser. The torp reload booster gives you 10 full fat torps if you pick your moments, they 1 shot every DD except for the Z23 with SE if I'm not mistaken, whereas an Aki can tank a Lo Yang 9.2km torp and be floating still.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Lol. I have had my last rank battle of this season today. And I'm afraid ever. This game mode is so not for me. I'm here to have fun, do my utmost best to win and play my role to my best abilities. None of that matters in Ranked battles I have finally discovered.

Sign in to follow this