Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Missions kill team play

9 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,910 posts
7,772 battles

Dear WG,

How much thought are you putting into mission requirements?

They kill team play and selfish players are sponsored by you to kill the game for the entire team.

Yesterday I had multiple occasions, where games (and my time + signals) were thrown away, because people were "doing missions".

Can you please put more thoughts into the missions, so people dont do this to their own team? Its worse than TK in my opinion....

This is a screen of a guy admitting ... he did not cap, did not spot, ignored every objective (he left the cap at 99%, because he went chasing a Shima) ... actually he almost ruined the game for us ... and he admits it, because he had your blessing for it.

qKRqC1K.png

Just stupid.

[T_N_T]
Players
79 posts
6,856 battles

To be honest, they kinda do.

Months ago there was a mission, shoot down xx number of planes. I played like a maniac, no carriers anywhere, took AA spec NC and i was chasing any spotter plane i could. That was desperation.

In the end, when i was about to call it quits i wound up in a CV game.  Wrote in global to enemy CV, i need xx plane kills for the mission, feed me planes and i let you sink me, driving direct north form a X line.

He sent fighters, i killed them, mission done, turned AA off and let him torp me. Now, somebody will say i threw the game, i did this, i did that. Matter of fact is, this kind of missions DO kill game play,  people will do anything to complete a mission. It took me upwards of 50 games to get one with a CV.

I remember a mission to kill xx number of DDs, everyone was gunning for poor DDs, if he was spotted, he was fighting in the shade, due to the amount of shells coming his way.

Anyone remember the arpeggio mission? I think it was to kill xx numbers of russian ships? Barely any RU ships around at that time. And with all the server doing the mission, doesn't matter if any better targets were around, RU ships at any angle were primary.

It is frustrating as F when you need a few DD kills and someone else always takes the last shot, game after game after game. Its not fun, its a grind.

Missions are not really that well thought out.

And yes, before someone points it out, i know i could take a CV, get into a CV match with someone and kill planes there. I dont own a CV, i dont play CVs, i tried, didn't like it.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Teamwork? In this game? Not sure what you are playing, but in WoWS there really isn't anything called "teamwork", there are just ships that you are not supposed to shoot even tho they get in your way

• Funny 1

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
29 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Dear WG,

How much thought are you putting into mission requirements?

They kill team play and selfish players are sponsored by you to kill the game for the entire team.

Yesterday I had multiple occasions, where games (and my time + signals) were thrown away, because people were "doing missions".

Can you please put more thoughts into the missions, so people dont do this to their own team? Its worse than TK in my opinion....

This is a screen of a guy admitting ... he did not cap, did not spot, ignored every objective (he left the cap at 99%, because he went chasing a Shima) ... actually he almost ruined the game for us ... and he admits it, because he had your blessing for it.

qKRqC1K.png

Just stupid.

wyahahaahhaah what a ############# best place to kill DDs is when u contest a cap.......than use rpf and ambush him when ur ******-enough to not finish him in CAP circle 

u dont chase 41knots boat with 200m beeter concealment in 39.5knots ship

[H-M-S]
[H-M-S]
Players
21 posts
4,442 battles

Maybe just make them Win only: get ie. X wins, gather Y xp and so on. Or remove them completely

[FMW]
Players
110 posts

Or maybe, to achieve the rewards from the mission, at least 50% of the team needs to be alive and Win, like the criteria in some of the weekly missions, then maybe this would promote better teamwork.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

If this game had that "spirit" win and team play first then... lol there is no then.

Sign in to follow this