Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
chaosrealm93

fiji and going forward

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
444 posts
6,424 battles

to start, i didnt think i would enjoy the RN line at all due to its AP based damage model, 0 armor and high citadels and for the first 5 ships i was right. but now im at the fiji and i can honestly say this ship is strong !

 

but going forward, is the edingurgh and neptune just another fiji? (like how the the ibuki is just mogami with t9 MM)

 

are they worth playing or should i save up my shekels and go straight to the minotaur?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,037 battles
41 minutes ago, chaosrealm93 said:

to start, i didnt think i would enjoy the RN line at all due to its AP based damage model, 0 armor and high citadels and for the first 5 ships i was right. but now im at the fiji and i can honestly say this ship is strong !

 

but going forward, is the edingurgh and neptune just another fiji? (like how the the ibuki is just mogami with t9 MM)

 

are they worth playing or should i save up my shekels and go straight to the minotaur?

 

Eddy gets the super-heal, so it's a bit different but not radically so. Neptune gets fast reload and good torps, a really pain if used right.

If you do good in the Fiji you'll like the ships after her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,834 battles

Keep going. Edinburgh and Neptune are very strong and you will enjoy them both. Edinburgh is an incremental improvement over the Fiji. The neptune is much stronger than the Edinburgh and starts to give you a taste of what awaits with Mino. The Minotaur is a monster. it needs a very careful playstyle and can be situational but when you are in the right place at the right time it is a total OP monster !

Have fun and keep grinding Captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
402 posts
11,218 battles

Finishing the RN cruiser line, I must say Fiji was my favorite ship in it. Edin and Neptune were painful grind but Mino is a lot of fun. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

Fiji is probably the best, the others tiers 8-10 not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
2 hours ago, chaosrealm93 said:

to start, i didnt think i would enjoy the RN line at all due to its AP based damage model, 0 armor and high citadels and for the first 5 ships i was right. but now im at the fiji and i can honestly say this ship is strong !

 

but going forward, is the edingurgh and neptune just another fiji? (like how the the ibuki is just mogami with t9 MM)

 

are they worth playing or should i save up my shekels and go straight to the minotaur?

No edinburgh is sluggish and is last RN CL with thick armor around the citadel(citadel is at waterline) next Nepo and Mino are floating cits xD

and Ibuki can NOT be compared to Mogami they are absolutely different yeah playstyle may be very  close  but no matter the heal no matter the range Ibuki is inferior to Mogami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,882 posts
12,596 battles

Push forward if you enjoy high tier games, but be aware: you'll play a lot of tier X games whilst grinding Edinburgh.

But they are worth it, all of them. Sure, none of them are as "OP" as Fiji, but the line alltogether is nice and somewhat consistent.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H-M-S]
[H-M-S]
Players
21 posts
4,442 battles

Fiji is a monster, Edi is adequately better (but not as op tier for tier). Then you get Neptune. It will be pain at first, because you cannot get away with what you could in Fiji. However, you get very good rate of fire in exchange. Finaly, the Minotaur. With proper skills, you can get reload time down to 2.8 seconds. That's 214 shells a minute. Minotaur has one of the highest DPM in the game, you just have to be in the right position to exploit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles

The Edinburgh for me was more fun than the Fiji. With the superheal and improved stealth it is a fantastic DD hunter, and the citadel is not that exposed so you can get away with certain moves.

 

The Neptune on the other hand has been painful so far. I know that it is squishy with the raised citadel, but I was not prepared on just how squishy it is. So the change from Edinburgh-Neptune is much harder compared to Fiji-Edinburgh. 

 

Still I can feel the potential of the Neptune. All I need to do is change my playstyle, you simply can't play the Neptune like the Edinburgh and expect to get away with things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles

Edinburgh is going to be a bit of a crash.

 

Not because the ship is bad (it isn't, it's essentially the same as the Fiji with slightly different stats and the zombie-heal instead of a normal heal), but mostly because the Fiji gets the beneficial tier VII MM bracket and the Edinburgh at tier VIII ... not so much. She's a very good ship though, plays essentially the same as the Fiji, just more radar around to be wary about.

 

Neptune is the next real performance bump. She gets a hit on detectability and the citadel is ludicrously easy to hit, but everything else increases significantly in performance (guns, torpedoes, AA).

 

And Minotaur is Minotaur.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,197 battles

I see we all have different experiences with each tier.

Played only few battles in the Fiji (plus some Ranked) and really liked it.

Did the Edinburgh grind (not that painfull at all, pretty cool) and liked Neptune to the maximum.

Not doing very well in the Minotaur though....

For me personaly Fiji and Neptune are the high tide of the line, need to git gud in Minotaur but got tired of the particular playstyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles

My contribution

 

Fiji is, IMO, the strongest of the RN cruisers for it's tier - if not all cruisers for that tier.

Edinburgh is a very good ship, but will initially feel like a downgrade from Fiji due to it feeling very sluggish after Fiji and worse MM, but it is (almost) just as good really.

Neptune...oh dear me, Neptune, I didn't get on with her and ended up free xp'ing to Mino' - just couldn't get my head into how to play her to her strengths.

Minotaur - great fun, if you have Atlanta you will know how she plays but with the benefit of smoke, hydro, super heal and effective torps (no radar or defensive fire though, but the latter is not needed).

 

Just keep going, you have made it through the toughest parts already (T4-T5).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
850 posts
6,750 battles
2 hours ago, quickr said:

Finishing the RN cruiser line, I must say Fiji was my favorite ship in it. Edin and Neptune were painful grind but Mino is a lot of fun. 

Exactly this for me. Edinburgh is sluggish in comparison to Fiji, and suffers worse matchmaking. Neptune was worse than both. Minotaur is Godlike if played the right way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,363 posts
6,236 battles

Really funny how much different the feelings are for those ships :cap_haloween:

Fiji - awesome, love it, what else can u say about it?

Edin - didnt really like it. Basicly a Fiji with horrible MM. The heal compensates a little, but in the end it feels like a struggle because of the low range (a bit like Takao/Atago, but they have HE atleast)

Neptune - At first i struggled a bit, not necessarily because i got killed too fast, but its just so much different from the others before. Now i think its awesome, had my best game in it aswell. Ppl are very greedy to shoot at your broadside, despite the fact its able to bounce the shells. If u manage to exploit that, then its not really that squishy.

But beware of the 6,4km smoke detection. But if something rushes u down, just blast him away with the 8 single torps u have :cap_rambo:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
413 posts

Had a Fiji boasting last night about taking me down in my Belfast ( I do like the Belfast) .  Boasting about a silver ship taking a gold ship down. I did point out that I had 2 BB's taking pot shots at me as well :-P.  But he was having none of it. Deluded me thinks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
509 posts
13 minutes ago, gautrek said:

Had a Fiji boasting last night about taking me down in my Belfast ( I do like the Belfast) .  Boasting about a silver ship taking a gold ship down. I did point out that I had 2 BB's taking pot shots at me as well :-P.  But he was having none of it. Deluded me thinks 

Fiji is better than Belfast.


 

Edinburgh was good to me. Better Fiji with worse MM. Nightmare for DDs.

Neptune on the other hand... haven't played to Mino because of her.

No fun at all. Basically the moment someone spots you instantly explode.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
850 posts
6,750 battles
4 minutes ago, Praxics said:

Fiji is better than Belfast.


 

Edinburgh was good to me. Better Fiji with worse MM. Nightmare for DDs.

Neptune on the other hand... haven't played to Mino because of her.

No fun at all. Basically the moment someone spots you instantly explode.

 

Agree with the bolded comment. Until recently (possibly still now, I haven't checked) I had much better stats with Fiji than Belfast, and a lot more fun. I still have my Fiji with a 10 (or 12) pt. captain in, just never play her now. And I play my Belfast because of 19pt. captain fun.

 

I free xp'd about half of Neptune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
3 hours ago, _VAMPA_ said:

No edinburgh is sluggish and is last RN CL with thick armor around the citadel(citadel is at waterline) next Nepo and Mino are floating cits xD

and Ibuki can NOT be compared to Mogami they are absolutely different yeah playstyle may be very  close  but no matter the heal no matter the range Ibuki is inferior to Mogami

 

Huh? :Smile_amazed:

 

Playstyle doesn't come close between those two. They are very different (especially with 155s on Mogami).  Mogami is great DD hunter and Ibuki is very good support ship, also superior to Mogami in many areas. It's AA is very good and will shred planes, and with range module or spotter you can easily burn battleships and stay reasonably safe at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
35 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

 

Huh? :Smile_amazed:

 

Playstyle doesn't come close between those two. They are very different (especially with 155s on Mogami).  Mogami is great DD hunter and Ibuki is very good support ship, also superior to Mogami in many areas. It's AA is very good and will shred planes, and with range module or spotter you can easily burn battleships and stay reasonably safe at the same time.

sorry i dont need range module and spoter to burndown battleships and be safe :(

edit: really dont like ibuki and her guns its okeish nerf for Atago because of premium boat but sharing same guns and shells from tier 5 to 9 is little idiotic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles

RN CLs are pretty depended on external factors. Biggest is map, second to that team. If your DDs are worthless - you struggle. If you have to go to Tears of the Desert - you are screwed (atleast for the first part of the match). If however you get a decent map an ok-ish teammates (all they need to do is spot and dont border hug - all the RN CLs starting T6 have huge carry potential.

 

6 hours ago, chaosrealm93 said:

but going forward, is the edingurgh and neptune just another fiji? (like how the the ibuki is just mogami with t9 MM)

 

Edinburgh is very close to Fiji. Same guns, same playstyle. The better concealment (T8 slot) makes is a better DD hunter tho. Neptune plays different then the three before (basicly, Leander is same as Fiji and Edinburgh, even more forgiving but less dmg-output.) About the Neptune: You get a new job which is to be a AA-Cruiser. While in Leander-Fiji-Edinburgh I often position myself away from the fleet, I want to be closer to it with Neptune. Two reasons: First, if you are away from the fleet, it might be, that after your smoke a DD came close to spot you. Leander to Edinburgh can deal with unexpected incoming fire better then Neptune. Thus you want to avoid the "oh F, im spotted" moments. Second, the AA. Nothing better then to disable everything thats flying around your smoke and the CV is wondering whats happening. I set a new record with Neptune in terms of planes shotdown in my 3rd game in it. Also, huge carry potential. It can devasted DDs so quick, if you can surprise them, its worth a rush, if you know, you will be undetected right after you took the DD down. Did it twice today in one round, it feels awesome.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

RN CLs are pretty depended on external factors. Biggest is map, second to that team. If your DDs are worthless - you struggle. If you have to go to Tears of the Desert - you are screwed (atleast for the first part of the match). If however you get a decent map an ok-ish teammates (all they need to do is spot and dont border hug - all the RN CLs starting T6 have huge carry potential.

 

 

Edinburgh is very close to Fiji. Same guns, same playstyle. The better concealment (T8 slot) makes is a better DD hunter tho. Neptune plays different then the three before (basicly, Leander is same as Fiji and Edinburgh, even more forgiving but less dmg-output.) About the Neptune: You get a new job which is to be a AA-Cruiser. While in Leander-Fiji-Edinburgh I often position myself away from the fleet, I want to be closer to it with Neptune. Two reasons: First, if you are away from the fleet, it might be, that after your smoke a DD came close to spot you. Leander to Edinburgh can deal with unexpected incoming fire better then Neptune. Thus you want to avoid the "oh F, im spotted" moments. Second, the AA. Nothing better then to disable everything thats flying around your smoke and the CV is wondering whats happening. I set a new record with Neptune in terms of planes shotdown in my 3rd game in it. Also, huge carry potential. It can devasted DDs so quick, if you can surprise them, its worth a rush, if you know, you will be undetected right after you took the DD down. Did it twice today in one round, it feels awesome.

 

 

dont forget and Tspamer for T9and10 lul single4x4 is o_0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,160 posts
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Really funny how much different the feelings are for those ships :cap_haloween:

Fiji - awesome, love it, what else can u say about it?

Edin - didnt really like it. Basicly a Fiji with horrible MM. The heal compensates a little, but in the end it feels like a struggle because of the low range (a bit like Takao/Atago, but they have HE atleast)

Neptune - At first i struggled a bit, not necessarily because i got killed too fast, but its just so much different from the others before. Now i think its awesome, had my best game in it aswell. Ppl are very greedy to shoot at your broadside, despite the fact its able to bounce the shells. If u manage to exploit that, then its not really that squishy.

But beware of the 6,4km smoke detection. But if something rushes u down, just blast him away with the 8 single torps u have :cap_rambo:

 

I agree with this summary pretty much.

I found Edinburgh pretty miserable and Neptune takes some getting used to, in both cases they prepare you for the extremely high possibility of deletion by T9 and 10 BB's which are 5 a side consistently. They have good heals, but the accuracy and weight of fire of the BB's that will prioritise you as a very easy target is aggravating, plus smoke has limited value with the radars which are common.

They don't suck, but compared to Fiji which is really strong in its tier they are pretty weak, it takes good play or a lot of good luck to get the best out of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,324 posts
12,378 battles

The switch from Edinburgh (decent armor) to Neptune (citadel extends up to flag mast) is quite brutal. If you are able to adopt your playstyle you can have a blast with the T9/10 RN cruisers though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HEATH]
Players
125 posts
12,338 battles

my win rate on Leander 53%, Fiji 55%, Edinburg 46% than Neptune 38% :)but with  highest average dmg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,350 posts
7,755 battles

Odinburger is technically an improvement over Fiji (better camo, longer range torps, lolheal and option to mount radar), but she suffers HARD from T10 overabundance. Neptune is first to "enjoy" exposed citadel, but once you get familiar with constant tinnitus, you will notice extra reload as well mean AA package and quite a lot of torpedoes. She is kinda pointless once Minotaur is researched tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×