Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Teh_Copbine

Problem with afk punishment mechanic

7 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
3,822 battles

Okay to start off i would like to say that it is good WG tries to do something about the afk players, but i encountered a little problem called "being detonated before doing any damage" which despite my ship having moved, fired(missed) and shot down a plane i still didn't get any xp for the battle.

shot-17.12.28_11.18.08-0744.jpg

shot-17.12.28_11.19.01-0923.jpg

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

The game doesn't recognize you haven't been AFK until you hit someone, a shame that you missed, but luck.

As for the detonation, well, welcome to the game. Enjoy them.

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,989 battles

Ouch, in a BB too. Someone uncharitable might say it's poetic justice that a firespamming BB was done with a deto. Not me :Smile_child:

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Some long-ish time ago (doubt I even have any screenshots saved from back then) had a Missouri game where I scored over 100k dmg, my internet dropped for about 3 min, just as I loaded back into the game within a couple seconds the game ended, didn't even manage to start moving. Over 100k dmg, 0xp and 0 credits :cap_haloween: I have to say, when it happened I really failed to see the funny side of it :Smile_teethhappy:

As far as I know game has 2 kinds AFK checks - "distance moved" and either "guns fired" or "target hit" <- not sure which one of those two (also how would it check CVs then? never though of this). Secondaries and AA obviously wouldn't count as they are completely automated. It's extremely rare when you would manage to fail both of those without actually being AFK, so I'd say the AFK punishment system is doing a reasonably good job with some very rare and unlikely accidents here and there

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, Teh_Copbine said:

Okay to start off i would like to say that it is good WG tries to do something about the afk players, but i encountered a little problem called "being detonated before doing any damage" which despite my ship having moved, fired(missed) and shot down a plane i still didn't get any xp for the battle.

Well, you did basically nothing (at best)...

No damage, no tanking (your potential damage is close to nothing even for this tier), no cap, no spotting, one plane basically is nothing (much), too...

Even if it weren't for the afk mechanic, what do you think how much exp you would have gotten?

42 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

As far as I know game has 2 kinds AFK checks - "distance moved" and either "guns fired" or "target hit" <- not sure which one of those two (also how would it check CVs then? never though of this).

Torpedoe hits, bomb hits, shooting down a certain number of planes with fighters...?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this