MrConway

General Feedback

32 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,287 posts
3,688 battles

Please leave any general feedback on the public test of update 0.7.0 here. Session 1 takes place from 28/12 17:30 CET – 03/01 14:00 CET

Should your feedback concern the following topics, please leave the feedback in the linked thread:

[BABBY]
Players
713 posts
10,530 battles

I'd like to say that it is a great idea to add a bit more variety to co-op! It's a pity that teams will still be mirrored though. I hope the next step will be to ditch mirror teams in favour of random enemies of same class and tier.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,199 posts
13,787 battles

Look into your profile, there are these new badges next to your level. Change tab to emblem, then you see the all emblems.

• Cool 1

Players
31 posts
16,033 battles

As the topic for Training Room is closed, I will leave my reply here. Generally it looks much better than the old one, but it lacks multiple features:

1. Bring back the option to have various sets of capture points - in the old one you could have the regular one or the clan battles, etc.

2. Give slots for spectators.

3. Rename the options: Close the trainging room should proabably "Password protect the training room" etc.

4. Give an option for unlimited time in a training room? Or like 1 hour? Sometimes even that much time is needed.

• Cool 1

Players
31 posts
16,033 battles
26 minutes ago, RAZ0RLIGHT said:

and how do you know if you received a 4th rank emblem?

I'd say these are the ones with "Elite Forces" and the easiest one to get is to be Top 6 XP earner 5 times for a given nation. Pick one ship and do it co-op battles. Took me 5 battles with my lovely Montana :)

[ALONE]
Modder
2,199 posts
13,787 battles

Played 8 coop-battles, did not see any difference in MM - teams were always mirrored, even with bots on both sides?

€. Just had two bot-Shokakus, fine. And new camera is nice, runs even smoother. :Smile_great:

[ALONE]
Modder
2,199 posts
13,787 battles

Training room (as topic is closed):

Works fine, beside the issues mentioned by HexOmega.

Furthermore - bots added are always passive. Can't find a option to set them active. :/

[Z3NIT]
Players
700 posts
28 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Click on the insignia next to your name -> button appears  to modify. 

Great! Thanks!!

.. And I did clicked more than one time on the name to see if something was happening...but didn't notice the insigna was there!!:Smile_teethhappy:

By the way, nice idea!

Edited by RedAnark

[Z3NIT]
Players
700 posts

The topic on Rewards of last PTs was closed so I'll post here a question to MrConwayq:

- Until what date I can claim the PT 6.14 and the 6.15 rewards?

- Can I claim them after the New Year as I have more time to play than the next days, or they (both) expire on Dec 31st?

(wife and child goes to relatives next week!!:Smile_smile::Smile_playing: )

Txs!

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,422 battles
15 hours ago, HexOmega said:

As the topic for Training Room is closed, I will leave my reply here. Generally it looks much better than the old one, but it lacks multiple features:

1. Bring back the option to have various sets of capture points - in the old one you could have the regular one or the clan battles, etc.

2. Give slots for spectators.

3. Rename the options: Close the trainging room should proabably "Password protect the training room" etc.

4. Give an option for unlimited time in a training room? Or like 1 hour? Sometimes even that much time is needed.

Fixed it, MrConway apparently wanted to guard this topic more heavily than expected :D

Question from my side: Why would you need 1h?

Thanks for your feedback here!

The topic on Rewards of last PTs was closed so I'll post here a question to MrConwayq:

- Until what date I can claim the PT 6.14 and the 6.15 rewards?

- Can I claim them after the New Year as I have more time to play than the next days, or they (both) expire on Dec 31st?

(wife and child goes to relatives next week!!:Smile_smile::Smile_playing: )

Txs!

They are usually available for 2 update cycles (so 6 weeks), so you should be fine. So .6.14 rewards should be available until the next update hits (planned for mid-January).

Greetings, Crysantos

Beta Tester
1,567 posts
17,541 battles

New port camera seems to be working fine. Much faster than the old one, which I appreciate.

Sometimes I wish the current look on a vessel would be kept when switching vessels (for direct comparison of a particular area of the ship). Maybe this can be implemented?

Beta Tester
1,567 posts
17,541 battles
4 hours ago, Crysantos said:

E.g. 20 minutes are not enough if you want to test artillery on multiple targets, always from same distance/angle. It takes time to manuoevre yourself into the right positions.

Players
14 posts
10,715 battles

Things feel a bit smoother, somehow.

The faster animations in port seem a bit too fast. It gives a feel like you are in a toy environment. It is impossible to create this effect in real life, without trickery. If animations were slower you would more get a feel of the real size of the ships. And, you create this beautiful ports, which make me want to wander about it, but I cant. I would like to roam the streets of Hamburg a bit ;)

Make them ships "feel" to their real size. 

[Z3NIT]
Players
700 posts
5 hours ago, Crysantos said:

They are usually available for 2 update cycles (so 6 weeks), so you should be fine. So .6.14 rewards should be available until the next update hits (planned for mid-January).

Greetings, Crysantos

Great Crysantos!! Thanks a lot for the good news!:Smile_bajan2:

Greetings,

Red

Players
31 posts
16,033 battles
8 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Well, for CW, I've spent a lot of time getting into each position with my Montana, which is not the fastest ship to cruise around. My friends were also checking the Des Moines positiones and what can you shoot at - this took us a long long time. Also for a penetration tests - what distance is needed in order to be able to citadel enemy ship of given type. I'd say 1h would be appreciated, but we can live without it :-)

Players
1,071 posts
9,621 battles

New Coop matchmaker needs tweaking. It just throws in 3 of the same ships when it isn't really necessary. In the shown example, should pick 2 random destroyers instead of three times the same ship.

shot-17.12.29_21.58.21-0282.jpg

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

I wonder if it would be possible to set a default view in port.

It is nice that you now have less restricted angles, but what I would like is a button to set a certain view as default, so that you can change the camera angle and then click 'lock camera' or something, so that when you switch to a different ship you view that other ship the same way.

For example, you rotate camera to show the port side view of the selected ship, then click a button to lock the camera, then click on another ship, which is then also shown from the port side.

Another thing I'd like to see is a button or key to hide the interface in port.

In game we have an option for that and the game tries to do it automatically when you press right mouse button, but I don't want to have to keep pressing that mouse button.

• Cool 2

Players
255 posts
13,825 battles

Port camera:
Too fastly reacting, annoying...
Changed focal length and distance -acceptable

Recommended: small orbit rotation would be good, but slow one...