MrConway

Dog Tags

20 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,286 posts
3,675 battles

Please leave any feedback on the new dog tag feature here.

Players
51 posts

I was sailing in my Z-23 and she detonated by an Amagi shell. Of course I don't care about my opponent's insignia. A way to disable the pop-up will be implemented, right?

[ALONE]
Modder
2,198 posts
13,779 battles

Like these, they are looking good and earning them is nice.

Still the line "earn 30 000 XP on average" does not make a sense. Maybe credits? Damage?

€: Ok, tooltip has it right - its damage. You can see the progress on the emblem itself.

Players
31 posts
16,033 battles

Something is clearly wrong with the requirements for the tags. "35 000 XP on average"? This is insane, even after modifiers are applied, this is impossible.

Moreover, it is not clearly explained what is a Class 4 emblem, but I believe this is the "Elite Force".

[ACNAF]
Players
929 posts
26,956 battles
Il y a 2 heures, HexOmega a dit :

Something is clearly wrong with the requirements for the tags. "35 000 XP on average"? This is insane, even after modifiers are applied, this is impossible.

Moreover, it is not clearly explained what is a Class 4 emblem, but I believe this is the "Elite Force".

it's 35'000 XP with the 5 best games.

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
18,876 battles

I think the easiest emblems look the nicest, or maybe the second easiest in some cases. Nice clean designs that you can imagine being fixed to a cap or a jacket and which look like actual insignia or medals. Probably just going to leave things as the default patch when it goes live though.

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,405 battles
16 hours ago, Smeggo said:

Like these, they are looking good and earning them is nice.

Still the line "earn 30 000 XP on average" does not make a sense. Maybe credits? Damage?

€: Ok, tooltip has it right - its damage. You can see the progress on the emblem itself.

Thanks for spotting this, it is indeed damage. Translation mistake from Russian.

Enjoy!

Greetings, Crysantos

Players
2,387 posts
15,572 battles

Patches: would it be possible to enable colour picker for some of its parts? It would greatly improve variety in easy way.

Emblems: how do they work? Are they granted just once, or are available for as long as given criterias are met?

Beta Tester
1,559 posts
17,520 battles

30'000 dmg average for a tier 10 carrier to be called 'elite'? You are setting the standard very low here. Same applies to all other lines. If you are not making 50'000+ dmg in a t10 BB you should enable the training room :-)

• Cool 1

Players
4,503 posts
7,604 battles

There may be a problem keeping the new tags or tracking the progress, I had the insignia unlocked from the first part of the mission plus a basic emblem (finish top 6 in Fr cruiser), left the game and they were all gone apart from the 5 very basic insignia that didn't require earning..

Beta Tester
1,559 posts
17,520 battles

When I select an emblem, it is not displayed

- on the battle line-up (mouse over), there I can see only the last select patch

- in the port left of the name after I returned from a battle to the port

- not on the ships hull either (wouldn't that be cool?)

--------------

Edit: It does not seem to matter whether I chose a patch or an emblem. It always reverts back to the default patch when entering a battle. I can see different pachtes from other players though.

[DUDES]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
1,795 posts
16,618 battles

If the "Dog Tag" refers to the huge badge shown when sunk by any enemy player than I simply don't like this new feature at all. It's shoved right into my face and it screams at me. The very first thing I was thinking about: "This makes this really, really personal!" I can ver much imagine the amount of salt this will produce in the future (like getting sunk isn't sometimes triggering one or another player yet already).

Players
2,387 posts
15,572 battles

I think patch in spectator mode in absolutely unnecessary. It only covers view.

Same with patch being shown after ship gets sunk.

If you insist on heaving it, make it smaller maybe?

• Cool 1

Players
57 posts
6,921 battles

To find this feature it is

Profile  from the main menu bar (Port, Modules, Exterior, Tech Tree, PROFILE)

Service Record

Click on the new dog tag that is now shown next to your name at the top of the screen.

To be honest, its location is as clear as mud and I'm not sure it's value in the game is much more. It just seems to be yet another thing to keep anyone who must collect everything happy.

For the emblems that require an average dmg over a number of games is this recalculated every battle? If so the running average needs to be shown at all times, not just when a player is earning the emblem. As for the amount of dmg that needs to be done, there is very little skill in earning an average of 30,000 dmg on a T10 cruiser as that just needs a player to drop a few shots into the superstructure of a BB.

I guess that the Public Test reward image on the events page should read "Earn an elite emblem to get 5 special flag signals" as there seems to be more than on elite emblem.

There is also ZERO value in sticking the dog tag of the person who has just killed you in the middle of the screen at the same time that you want to see if the torp strike you let off before you died hits their target. Please remove this feature and leave the dog tag being shown in the bottom left of the screen.

Players
93 posts
11,835 battles

I don't find that the emblems/insignia/dogtags enhance the game. There isn't enough variety to make them distinctive, and even if there were, I don't think I would want to wear one.

Maybe I am just 'mature'. In fact I am nearly an object of naval history myself...

[RDB3]
Weekend Tester
350 posts
2,346 battles

"Dog tag", "insignia", "emblem", "elite emblem"...

You really need to streamline your language, otherwise lots of people will be confused, and most probably disinterested in the new features.

You also need to bear in mind that, even though WoWs is localised into a good number of languages, for many people English is not their mother tongue. 

It is not obvious, either, where to look for these things (yes, ok, I found them under "profile"). That might also contribute to a decrease in interest.

What's the difference between an emblem and an elite emblem? If there's none, don't use different language for one and the same thing.

Overall, I agree with people above me: not much value in these gimmicks, and sticking an enemy player's emblem in your face will not contribute to keeping chat clean...

Players
255 posts
13,825 battles

I like having them, but  the feeling of the emblems is a bit:

1st: you are good at it,

2nd You are better with it,

3rd ok the basic element lost because you need to push it into everyone's face,

4th You are the god of it, and it is wisible from the moon.

I felt a bit overpushed at level 3-4...

Players
57 posts
6,921 battles

Please remove the dog tag/emblem from the middle of the screen when you are killed - we want to see what is going on in the battle, not have the view blocked.

Also what is the point of showing the player's level, unless there is a major update due just about everyone is stuck at level 15.

Players
57 posts
6,921 battles

Well now we have emblems it seems rather a lot of players are now just playing for high damage scores to keep their averages up. This is just making random battles even less fun than normal.