Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

Training Rooms

12 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,287 posts
3,683 battles

Please leave any feedback on the new training room feature here.

Beta Tester
1,567 posts
17,533 battles

+ Nice that after a match you return to the training room with the same settings. This way you can play another match with slightly altered settings quickly.

- Where are the switches to arm enemies and make them active?

- The GUI for selecting which bots to use in the training room could be more intuitive, better than in the old training room but it still says nowhere on the screen to 'click here' to actually chose a ship.Chosing bot ships is something most of us will do in the training room, so I feel it should be stated on the screen in plain sight how to do it.

Players
6 posts
81 battles

По комнате.

Создание.

Нет возможности выбрать Условия 9х9, 10х10, 11х11 игроков.

Хотел бы напомнить, что вроде бы последний официальный турнир проходил 9х9 игроков.

Почему недоступны данные Условия не понятно.

Ограничения. Зачем ограничили по 3 АВ то же не понятно.

В треньке проводились забавные развлекательные ивенты и тренировки по проверке ПВО когда одна из команд полностью была забита ботами на АВ.

Просьба убрать данные ненужные ограничения.

Лень прописать в меню пару строчек (я понимаю, что чуть больше), что бы было можно выбрать 9х9 и выбрать по 12 на 12 АВ?

На превьюшке карты нет расположения точек. Просьба добавить, что бы было понятнее где будут точки и быстрее можно было выбрать нужную карту.

Нет карт КБ, РБ, короче турнирных.

Так же там же пометить респ отрядов Альфа и Браво, что бы не было путаницы. А еще можно было бы добавить кнопку "случайный респ", при выставлении этого чекбокса, команды бы респились рандомно при старте боя.

Нет возможности дать статус "Наблюдатель" игроку.

Которого респило как на КБ картах сейчас отдельно против бота.

Выбор Режима.

Непонятно точное действие кнопок Закрыть, Запретить, Скрыть.

И нигде оно не описано.

Ну со скрыть, тут понятно.

С Закрыть вроде бы то же.

А вот с Запретить непонятно.

Кто из игроков может получить статус командира и как это сделать?

Если не стоит галочка в данном пункте получается, что командиры, могут приглашать в комнату других. Вопрос, а смогут ли они приглашать игроков без пароля? Т.е. если командиру известен пароль, то сможет ли он пригласить игроков к себе и им е потребуется знание пароля для присоединения к комнате.

Если есть командиры, то по какой причине нет кнопочки готов для всего отряда, которую смог бы нажать только командир данного отряда?

Как я это вижу. 2 командира, так и не понял как их наделить данным статусом, получают пароль к комнате.

Заходят. Набирают себе команду из игроков, при готовности нажимают внизу кнопку "готов", а создатель комнаты запускает бой.

Так же создатель комнаты может себе дать статус командира. Пока оба командира не поставят Готов, бой не может быть запущен. Хотя не очень идея.

Скорее всего придется как то правила обговаривать и вести лишние переговоры по старинке запрашивая команды о готовности.

2. Распределение игроков.

Есть функция автозаполнения ботами. Очень хотелось бы еще увидеть там же рядом с кнопкой "Заполнить" кнопочку "Очистить" при нажатии на которую боты удаляются, а игроки переходят в нераспределенные.

Добавление ботов.

Нет возможности выбора бота на прем корабле.

Огромная просьба сделать возможность выбора ботов на прем кораблях.

Иногда требуется протестировать прем корабль, как он будет в бою с такими же, как он держит удар и пр., тестовый корабль.

Просто дикая дискриминация, как по мне, - отсутствие возможности выставить бота на прем корабле.

Нет возможности выбора типа активности бота.

Бот (вооружен и активен), подвижная мишень (не вооружен и активен), неподвижная мишень (не вооружен и не активен)

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

I would recommend at releasing the Training Room in this form.

As it is now, the Training Room has to be re-enabled each and every time, but it offers features not found in the update on PTS.

It also adds precious little to the existing version.

Overall, the net effect is a negative as far as I am concerned.

Please keep the Training Room as it is in the current update and keep working on this before general release.

We would be better off with one single, simple change: change the setting 'false' to 'true' so we don't have to re-enable to training room every. single. update.

What am I missing that was already in the existing version?

-No Clan Battle or other game modes except Standard Battle and Domination Battle, at least not on Sea of Fortune. What do you think the Training Room will be used for? In my clan, aside from fun and gunnery exercises, mostly to prepare for Clan Battles. EDIT: in settings - controls there is an option called "All the scenarios in the training room" which enables clan battles, etc.

-Ability to selectively add bots that will either move, shoot, or both, or neither. (If that is included in this iteration, then it is completely unclear to me on how to do that, the fact that you can only add 'targets' or human players seems to indicate this feature was removed. If so, why? Bots are stupid, but still better than static targets. Even for target practice it is useful.)

Both of these features are the bare minimum in my opinion and should be included before release.

What do I feel should be included to make this feature complete?

-Ability to add bots with premium ships that are in the port of the person setting up the Training Room, so you can at least have target practice against them.

-Ability to choose upgrades/consumables for bots (provided bots actually use them).

-Arbitrary time limit (up to an hour maybe?), useful for events.

-Ability to add people on the fly, in the middle of a game (subject to settings chosen by the player who created the room).

-Ability to join Training Room with a division of up to 15, so the Commander in charge of the Division then gets the setup screen, everybody is automatically added to the lobby when it becomes available. Right now, even if you are in a div with the people you want to enter Training Room with, you need to leave the division first.

Any one of these features would add to we already have and make it worth the effort to turn it into a full-fledged game feature.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,993 battles

Since there is no topic about the new camera angles or any other topic where I can post about them, excuse my offtopic, but I have to say something about them.

First of all - IT WAS ABOUT TIME!!! How slugish, choppy and laggy the animations were was always bothering me and now the animations and rotations around the ships are more fluid, I even feel like FPS have gone up in port. 

The transition animations from the camos/ flags/ signal sections are very fast and smooth which I really really like, so a very good job you have done!

There is some small issue that is bothering me though - if you switch from example from cammo to flags or whatever, the game doesn't let u rotate around the ship untill it has finished it's animation for the transition, which is kind of annoying, as there is also this couple of seconds where the animation has ended, but according to the game it's still on. So if you can look into this that'd be great.

On topic:

Again very good job with the training rooms, I like your apporach with how you've made the menus and layout for the options for them. 

Again a little issue I might have is that the menus are laggy a bit, in the part where you are still in port, where you can select an already created room etc. If you enter the menu for creating your own room however, the menu is very smooth and snappy. I think this might be due to the overall slugishness in the port interface overall, and I hope this will be fixed or reworked soon, like you did in World of Tanks, where the garage has become a lot lot better from what I remember it being a couple of years ago.

[DUDES]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
1,795 posts
16,621 battles

So far the menu is rather confusing. I have been working with the Training Room mod for quite a while now and that isn't particularly clear for beginners either. Yet I have to figure out the way to even set up a specific ship for a bot instead of just fill the teams with random players/bots.

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles
4 hours ago, Z_OnkelE said:

So far the menu is rather confusing. I have been working with the Training Room mod for quite a while now and that isn't particularly clear for beginners either. Yet I have to figure out the way to even set up a specific ship for a bot instead of just fill the teams with random players/bots.

In case you haven't found out yet: click the type of ship the game suggests, it results in a menu where you can select the ship you want. It is not intuitive at all and yes, some helpful mouseover text would be the least.

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,246 battles

It needs and option for clan battles or at least an option to place the caps where we want to simulate clan battles

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles
57 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

It needs and option for clan battles or at least an option to place the caps where we want to simulate clan battles

Just found a setting in settings, controls that is called: "All scenarios of the training room" which enables clan battles.

Why this is hidden there is beyond me.

Even so, as I said before, the options available in the new update are limited compared to what we had.

For instance, it is not possible to set bots to active.

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,246 battles
54 minutes ago, TheCinC said:

Just found a setting in settings, controls that is called: "All scenarios of the training room" which enables clan battles.

Why this is hidden there is beyond me.

Even so, as I said before, the options available in the new update are limited compared to what we had.

For instance, it is not possible to set bots to active.

Oh I'll have a look thanks. They can't make it too easy can they lol

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
On 12/29/2017 at 6:12 PM, TheCinC said:

What do I feel should be included to make this feature complete?

-Ability to add bots with premium ships that are in the port of the person setting up the Training Room, so you can at least have target practice against them.

I just looked around a bit and haven't really tried it yet, but this above would be nice. ..and pretty reasonable.

Sign in to follow this