Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EgyptOverseer

New matchmaking

41 comments in this topic

Players
364 posts
4,549 battles

So I have been noticing that the most recent update consistently places premium ships together on the same team.

It's becoming a common occurrence to see a team of silver ships being put against up to 7 premium ships in a match. Is this intended?

Players
199 posts
6,362 battles
17 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Sorry but there is very distinct patterns to wows match maker, to the point where you can predict match outcomes and by how much very easily.

I don't experience that in any other pvp game with similar match making, wows MM is broken, it just predicts which team will win and then stacks that side.

Easily the single most unbalanced pvp game out there right now, where RNG trumps any semblance of skill.

Fact, WOWs is a tragedy of a game.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,451 posts
7,794 battles
6 minutes ago, KHETTIFER said:

Sorry but there is very distinct patterns to wows match maker, to the point where you can predict match outcomes and by how much very easily.

I don't experience that in any other pvp game with similar match making, wows MM is broken, it just predicts which team will win and then stacks that side.

Easily the single most unbalanced pvp game out there right now, where RNG trumps any semblance of skill.

Fact, WOWs is a tragedy of a game.

giphy.gif

• Funny 5

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,893 posts
11,303 battles

Some folk are over celebrating Xmas it seems and have taken in too much contraband...

Prem ship MM is new to me however :cap_money:

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

I've never seen the scenario the OP is claiming, nor do I think the MM is rigged in some super "sekret" way, I can't see why WG would take the time and trouble to do it either.

However I have seen a lot of dumb play and done more than my fair share of it too.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,893 posts
11,303 battles
10 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I've never seen the scenario the OP is claiming, nor do I think the MM is rigged in some super "sekret" way, I can't see why WG would take the time and trouble to do it either.

However I have seen a lot of dumb play and done more than my fair share of it too.

Remember, whenever you lose its always someone else's fault!

• Cool 3

Players
199 posts
6,362 battles
12 hours ago, Nechrom said:

giphy.gif

Just because it escapes you, doesn't mean it isn't there, but then you have a betatester tag, and one of the Edited. that tell WG their balancing is good.

Edited by Asklepi0s
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to insults
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 9

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,893 posts
11,303 battles
14 minutes ago, KHETTIFER said:

Just because it escapes you, doesn't mean it isn't there, but then you have a betatester tag, and one of the mongs that tell WG their balancing is good.

Pop than tinfoil hat off and tell us how WG rig their MM, please...

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts
17 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Pop than tinfoil hat off and tell us how WG rig their MM, please...

Also why they would, as I for one can't see any advantage to WG for going to the effort.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles

Since MM doesn't care about ships, only their classes (clearly shown by how well balanced number of radars can be between teams) there's bound to happen a game where one team has, lets say, 3 premium ships and the other one has none. Nothing new, just a normal RNG chance.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I for one can't see any advantage to WG for going to the effort.

I'd say being guaranteed to end up with bunch of "I made it to tier 2 so I can play a tier 8 BB now!" on your team bcuz of that could be seen as a disadvantage rather than an advantage :Smile_trollface:

Players
364 posts
4,549 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Since MM doesn't care about ships, only their classes (clearly shown by how well balanced number of radars can be between teams) there's bound to happen a game where one team has, lets say, 3 premium ships and the other one has none. Nothing new, just a normal RNG chance.

Well, all I can say is that across 5 consecutive matches with on T5 to T7 there were always 7 premiums in one team, and at most 2 on the other. Also, about the radar, the Belfast was always in the team with most premiums.

I have to further add that it's also increasingly common to see Kamikaze or equal clones doubled up on the same team.

None of the above described events were related to existing divisions or such.

Just genuinely wondering if this is intended, as it's more common than not that I see it lately, and the premium heavy team always won. In terms of what would there be to gain for WG, it's an obvious eye candy for players seeing premiums dominating matches, especially in a time where game spending is expected to reach the yearly Christmas peak.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,214 posts
13,980 battles
5 hours ago, EgyptOverseer said:

So I have been noticing that the most recent update consistently places premium ships together on the same team.

It's becoming a common occurrence to see a team of silver ships being put against up to 7 premium ships in a match. Is this intended?

Ow look not a single screen shot to back up this statement.. What a surprise..

Let me help you. Go to 

Its a thread where people post there good games. Its FULL of screen shots of epic wins and the team layouts... See how many of those pictures support your statement, there are over 6000 comments on that thread. So plenty of pictures of game team setups

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles
5 hours ago, KHETTIFER said:

Just because it escapes you, doesn't mean it isn't there, but then you have a betatester tag, and one of the mongs that tell WG their balancing is good.

Yes the Beta tester tag hold so much relevance 2 years after the beta has ended.

As for the MM, the one thing that needs to get sorted is DD and radar ship distribution. 

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,911 posts
16,276 battles

Basicly, there is a simple method to predict the result of a battle: the team with more divisioned players, more clan players and more premium ships usually wins (mismatched divisions should not be counted though) I have followed this very carefully and is  almost +80% percent accurate, but below 90% certain.

In case of CV games, if there is a 10% or more   winrate difference between the 2 carrier players, the game result is + 90% certain.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
17 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

As for the MM, the one thing that needs to get sorted is DD and radar ship distribution. 

Are you telling me you don't like to have 1 less DD and 4 less radars than enemy team at the same time? :Smile_trollface:

17 minutes ago, 22cm said:

In case of CV games, if there is a 10% or more   winrate difference between the 2 carrier players, the game result is + 90% certain.

I'd say it doesn't even have to be 10%, the difference shows up there really quickly

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,911 posts
16,276 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I'd say it doesn't even have to be 10%, the difference shows up there really quickly

A very good overall team can compensate up to 8-9%.

Beta Tester
3,631 posts
6,502 battles
55 minutes ago, 22cm said:

I have followed this very carefully and is  almost +80% percent accurate, but below 90% certain.

Please provide us your data. Otherwise it is just onthoer unproven (and useless) claim.

Ofc, the variation of players (a fact the MM gives a shyt about - the MM only matches ships) can very easily deside a match. That can be seen via tools like MatchmakingMonitor or even mxStat. But still, one cannot claim a certain percentage value without any proof!

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,911 posts
16,276 battles
25 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Please provide us your data. Otherwise it is just onthoer unproven (and useless) claim.

Ofc, the variation of players (a fact the MM gives a shyt about - the MM only matches ships) can very easily deside a match. That can be seen via tools like MatchmakingMonitor or even mxStat. But still, one cannot claim a certain percentage value without any proof!

I don t have the time to do that. But each game during the loading screen I check those things. Actually now after the introduction of oil thing is easier to count the clanless players in each team and substract them instead of add them. Prediction is arround 80% accurate.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,970 posts
5,450 battles

Pay to win MM?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
621 posts
5,704 battles

Or could it be, OP, that many people received prems in Santa boxes, or used gold from them to get prems? Maybe the Christmas money is going into prems?

[CATS]
Players
13,678 posts
10,389 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

Basicly, there is a simple method to predict the result of a battle: the team with more divisioned players, more clan players and more premium ships usually wins (mismatched divisions should not be counted though) I have followed this very carefully and is  almost +80% percent accurate, but below 90% certain.

Most divisions are really really bad. Unless you look at WR, know the players or know the clan well enough to make an assumption about their skill, I really doubt your numbers.

Really strong division on enemy team..

shot-17_12.11_20_08.58-0005.thumb.jpg.39f18113175641f1c7749f9407f984cd.jpg

And somehow I do not think that the number of clan and divisioned players helped the enemy team very much. And considering the scores on the winning team it is quite obvious what the diciding factor was in the match.

Sign in to follow this