DB2212

A very noob question about captain skills training

5 comments in this topic

Question

Players
511 posts
5,161 battles

Hi all,

I'm slowly entering T8's but have limited skill points on most of my Captains, some only 10 points.

I've just acclerated the skills on my Ognevoi Captain but I really have no idea where the xp comes from.

In the first pic, the ship has 53k xp. The second pic show I have 89k xp.

Presumably, the xp's are for different things (I think???)

What I'm interested in is the 89k figure, where does it come from and how can I see how much I have without starting to accelerate Captain skills?

Hopefully I haven't just made the most embarrasing noob blunder and it's something blindingly obvious.

Inkedshot-17.12.27_23.55.06-0822_LI.jpg

Inkedshot-17.12.27_23.55.22-0770_LI.jpg

4 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
13,582 posts
10,382 battles

First picture shows ship XP. They are used to research upgrades for a ship and the next ship in line. If you have everything, they are basicly useless, unless you spend money to convert them to elite XP.

Second picture shows elite captains XP (upper number, lower number shows elite XP). You can get them from missions, events or when playing a 19 point captain. They are very valuable and can be used to train other captains or shorten the retraining on ships.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,543 posts
6,372 battles
4 hours ago, DB2212 said:

Hi all,

I'm slowly entering T8's but have limited skill points on most of my Captains, some only 10 points.

I've just acclerated the skills on my Ognevoi Captain but I really have no idea where the xp comes from.

In the first pic, the ship has 53k xp. The second pic show I have 89k xp.

Presumably, the xp's are for different things (I think???)

What I'm interested in is the 89k figure, where does it come from and how can I see how much I have without starting to accelerate Captain skills?

Hopefully I haven't just made the most embarrasing noob blunder and it's something blindingly obvious.

No question about the game is too noob to ask, I just wish more players actually did ask them :cap_like:

Basically there are 3 kinds of XP -> Ship XP, Free XP and Captain XP (which also includes Elite Captain XP)

Lets start with where to find what:

• In port you can immediately see your Ship XP and Free XP
  • Ship XP is that same normal XP that you use to unlock new modules and ships as you play, but is attached to a certain ship. For example I can't use my Shenyangs XP on a Hatsuharu. After you have unlocked everything on a ship it gains "elite" status, which means you can use gold to change this XP into Free XP. The normal Pay-rate is 25 XP per 1 gold, with the discounted version at 35 XP per 1 gold every now and then. If it's worth your many - judge that for yourself.
  • Free XP can be acquired in 3 ways - one is the already mentioned transfer by paying gold, the next one is the one that you are already doing - 5% of the Ship XP you earn each battle is added to you as Free XP (for example - if you got 2000 XP for a game, you also received 100 Free XP), and the last way is as a reward -> for completing some mission, for achieving a certain number of stars in an Operation or inside a container. Free XP can be used on any ship as a bonus to the Ship XP (for example to unlock some module quicker) or for captain retraining. Also if you save up enough you can buy some premium ships for it - currently Nelson and Missouri (which soon will be replaced with Musashi)

OC0LP5F.jpg

• If you look closer at the captain you can see his current level (lvl 19 is max) and his current progress towards the next level.

AyrpVOC.jpg

• When you open captains page on the bottom left corner you'll see "Elite Commander XP" - which happens to be that 89k you were wondering about. Elite Cpt Xp can be used on any captain to retrain or level-up them quicker. Currently I know of 2 ways to earn it - both tier 7 operations have it as a reward for completing them with at least 4 stars and if you play with a 19 point captain (max level) all the XP he would earn becomes Elite Cpt XP. But there, of course, might be other ways that I've missed out on. There is a possibility to turn Elite Cpt XP into Free Xp for gold, but I'd strongly advise against it

pYHQDik.jpg

Lastly - where can you keep track of the XP that you get? At post-game stats in the 4th tab you can always see all your earnings. "Total" displays how much Ship XP (white) and Free XP (yellow-ish) you earned, below them in the "Commander XP" you see exactly what's advertised. As you can see your captain earns exactly the same XP that your ship earned, as long as you don't have captain XP signals mounted - those would then increase that XP even more. That "+1" I have there means that my captain got a level-up with the XP he earned from this match.

XfPfFbz.jpg

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you have any more questions! :cap_happy:

• Cool 3

Players
511 posts
5,161 battles
14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If you look closer at the captain you can see his current level (lvl 19 is max) and his current progress towards the next level.

AyrpVOC.jpg

• When you open captains page on the bottom left corner you'll see "Elite Commander XP" - which happens to be that 89k you were wondering about. Elite Cpt Xp can be used on any captain to retrain or level-up them quicker. Currently I know of 2 ways to earn it - both tier 7 operations have it as a reward for completing them with at least 4 stars and if you play with a 19 point captain (max level) all the XP he would earn becomes Elite Cpt XP. But there, of course, might be other ways that I've missed out on. There is a possibility to turn Elite Cpt XP into Free Xp for gold, but I'd strongly advise against it

pYHQDik.jpg

Many thanks, the quoted part was just what I was looking for.

I'd completely forgotten about the 19pt Captain I have and the benefits he brings.

The other parts were well explained and I really should have worded my question better, but hopefully it'll save someone else asking them.

Thanks again Sir

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this