Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pra3y

Maybe divisions with CVs should have a +1 -1 limit only

18 comments in this topic

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles

EDIT

In a game a few days back. Not that I'm affected by it since I wasn't playing the CV in this game but it's kinda feels near sadistic level to force a tier 8 CV into a tier 10 game and on top of that having to face 2 DMs that are probably AA built.

Edited by Kampa1987
Naming and shaming

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,687 posts
13,121 battles

I thought division restrictions are +/-1?

Unless ofc that Lex made/joined that div in the match.

Balance in general would massively benefit from +/-1 MM. And since now that there are plenty of people playing across all tiers queue time should hardly be an issue.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,858 posts
20,759 battles

A dynamic division , as far as I know you are not able to start in a division -2 otherwise

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles

@El2aZeR @Gnirf

You guys know where to find the info on it? I guess its a dynamic division like what you guys said.

edit: Oh wait never mind I got it. I keep on thinking its a CV specific thing and forgot about the division tier patch change

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Still not as sadistic as the last Wyoming I saw on the enemy team.

Divisioned with a Giulio Cesare giving a nice free Devastating Strike to our Nagato before it was in range to do anything.

• Funny 1

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles

The CV mirroring ensures that the team will never be adversely affected by the carrier always being forced into being bottom tier as it would ensure that the enemy team also has a bottom tier carrier. In fact, if you are going to fail division, make sure that the lowest tier ship on the team is a carrier.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
1 hour ago, RamirezKurita said:

The CV mirroring ensures that the team will never be adversely affected by the carrier always being forced into being bottom tier as it would ensure that the enemy team also has a bottom tier carrier. In fact, if you are going to fail division, make sure that the lowest tier ship on the team is a carrier.

In fact, CV divisions should probably be restricted to same tier only, because it's not only "never adversely affected". This is the most ridiculous when combined with t5 CV protected MM. If you division

- t5 CV

- 2*t6 ships

the only way to not be top tier is if you face another division trying the same trick.

At higher tiers you don't get guaranteed top spot, but you can still make sure your teammates are not bottom tier. Basically, it's a bit like an exploit, only it kinda isn't because it's simply divisioning so that the known rules of MM work in your favor... Still something that should probably get fixed. Or, in fact, perhaps CVs shouldn't be allowed to division in the first place. I never understood why WoT denied divisions to arty, but in case of CVs it would actually make sense, because even ignoring the potential abuse of mirror MM with CV faildivs, there remains the problem that full AA build normally is a gamble (since you never know if a CV will appear and usually it wont) but a CV div ensures that your AA build is always the right choice - automatically giving the division an unfair advantage. Unlike their solo-queueing (or non-CV divisioning) opponents, the divmates of a CV know, for a fact, a crucial detail about the enemy team composition at the stage of picking their ships/conusmables/captain perks etc.

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles

But no one is speaking how on tier X i usually face CV+2 AA ships . Well cordinated.

In this case, we all are tier X but still if enemy is any good, this is HUGE advantage.

I think CV without Party should never be in same game with CV WITH party. this would pretty much solve all problems.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,543 posts
6,372 battles

Lex simply joined their 2-man division. Divisions already allow just +/-1 tier difference in port.

As we still have that dumb possibility for randoms to jump in your divisions this isn't exactly rare if you pay attention to that.

I've been caught on this a few times as their "triple" division is there as soon as I get team lists loaded in, but that "3rd wheel" simple has a quicker PC and probably the division tab opened as his default instead of the teamlists / map that you would have normally.

54 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

I think CV without Party should never be in same game with CV WITH party. this would pretty much solve all problems.

Divisions should be more mirrored overall. One team having a division while the other one has none isn't exactly great either.

[HAMI]
[HAMI]
Beta Tester
265 posts
17,321 battles

can you please stop with more ideas for CV's restrictions... the queue times for it and boredom are already retarded ever since someone come with the idea for mirror MM...

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, SunSkaRe said:

can you please stop with more ideas for CV's restrictions... the queue times for it and boredom are already retarded ever since someone come with the idea for mirror MM...

i must say that times with 1vs2 cv were fun. it required really good thinking to outplay opponents (and AS actually made sense then). also 1v0 was fun for CV.. all those undefended targets. :Smile_trollface:

but then it required ca-s to actually do their job and provide AA cover, also we didnt have BB and DD overpop.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
5,670 battles
1 hour ago, SunSkaRe said:

If the quetime will stop CVs from joining the game, I`m all for it to put forward more ideas.

Mirror my sentence to wot and arties.

• Bad 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles
14 minutes ago, robihr said:

i must say that times with 1vs2 cv were fun. it required really good thinking to outplay opponents (and AS actually made sense then). also 1v0 was fun for CV.. all those undefended targets. :Smile_trollface:

but then it required ca-s to actually do their job and provide AA cover, also we didnt have BB and DD overpop.

I remember non mirrored Ranked with CV. Imba more?? 

I also remember being a single CV vs 2. Not fun but funny if the lone CV was USN strike...

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I remember non mirrored Ranked with CV. Imba more?? 

I also remember being a single CV vs 2. Not fun but funny if the lone CV was USN strike...

well it really tested my creativity then :Smile_Default: some of the games were frustrating, but that feeling when you outplay 2 CVs... i think it would be ok with non mirrored CV if some rules were included in MM. like if there is 1v0 CV, CV has to be bottom tier. if there is 1v2 CV, 2 CV have to be 2 tiers lower than other CV. 1v1 cv should be mirrored.  that would be fun experiment :Smile_hiding:

[CR33D]
Players
2,892 posts
14,795 battles
9 hours ago, SunSkaRe said:

Mirrored MM for CVs was a must because games with 1v0 CV were riduculously unbalanced.