You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CadyDady

Past Tier 8 no fun games only camping

96 comments in this topic

[_RO_]
[_RO_]
Players
8 posts
2,613 battles

Let me say that this game is my cop of tea,  although I am not a PvP centered person for games,  this game is just good till Tier 8., enough to make me love it.

I have a Bismarck and had some memorable games in it. I got some  Jon. Rambo situations, me against the world scenarios where I managed to turn the tie of a battle by taking up to 6 ships  to the bottom, just amazing games . Than from time to time I got in to a tier X game...near me a cruiser from my team was spamming his guns with no CD, like a rain of HE shells to an enemy ship...and as a BB you will not always 1 shot a CV, but he will continuously hit you 100 times before you can retaliate with a new salvo, imagine if 2 of this CV shot at you.

So I got my Tier 9 BB German unlocked and test it...not only that is not fun is frustrating, tier X games  everyone stick together camping, why? find the problem and fix the game as its just not fun to face a CV with 0 CD on his gun and DD with 20 KM torps range that cover all the screen ( try to dodge that).

To bad that the game don't shine at the max lv. I will stick to my Bismarck for now and hope for some changes to this camping , HE spamming CV, and 20 KM torp range screen cover.

• Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
5,670 battles

Are u trying to imply that there is no amount of camping in lower tiers?

Alot of those high tier "campers" have learned it from the lower tiers.

• Funny 1

Players
2,860 posts
5,151 battles

1. you are talking about cruisers, obviously. Not CV. Use CA/CL, so ppl will understand what you mean.

2. Cruisers on T8+ dont have a 0 sec reload. Some even have 15 sec. Surprise?

3. T10 is not the goal of this game. Its not the "max level". Stay at T6 if you feel comfortable there.

4. BBs are not supposed to stomp in and win not matter what. If two decent Cruiser players take on you, when you are alone - they have every right to win.

5. Only one DD has 20 km torps - and nothing is more easy then to dodge them.

6. Dodging torps in general is easy, especially when you would play your BB right. Exeptions are PADDs, which are only introduced lately.

7. If Cruisers are so awesome and kill everything while beeing untouchable - how come, you dont play Cruisers, once you posess this wisdom?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[_RO_]
[_RO_]
Players
8 posts
2,613 battles

I am implying that the game at tier IX-X force you to stick together, cause the reasons in my previous post. Whatever, don't know why I create this post, I know some smart a** will have a " reasonable  " argument to describe that is normal and why although I am not the only one with this opinion.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts

The primary cause of camping is excessive numbers of Battleships, especially at the higher tiers.

They throttle cruiser gameplay due to the very real risk of instant deletion which means that cruisers can't counter DD's and the massive BB guns also delete DD's with a few "overpens" that hit for 10k+ per shell with tight grouping.

Hard cap BB's at 3 per side per game and the campy nature would be relieved a lot.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,860 posts
5,151 battles
9 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

Whatever, don't know why I create this post, I know some smart a** will have a " reasonable  " argument to describe that is normal and why although I am not the only one with this opinion.

Look at the responses so far. Do you really think you are "not the only one with this opinion"? Sure doesnt look like it. Instead of thinking "hey, maybe those ppl have a point, lets read and think" - you resort to covering eyes & ears and shout "lalalala im right". Very reasonable.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,886 posts
5,347 battles

Not sure where to start but there are several issues here:

- CV is an aircraftcarrier, u are talking about CA or CL which are Heavy Cruiser or Light Cruiser. Only to clear that up :Smile-_tongue:

But now to the other stuff

- There is no Cruiser or any other ship with 0 CD - the closest Cruiser to that is the Minotaur, which has a reload of <3 sec when using the reload module. But he can only shoot AP with terribly arcs, which take long time to hit u even at midrange, and u can pretty muich bounce them when u are not showing broadside to him.

- If Cruiser are so badass, why do have below average stats on them? Get to T10 and see that they are better than before, but only in a hands of a good player can engage BBs. Otherwise then die as fast as any cruiser before them. If u cry about them being OP, i think u will go back to BBs instantly..

- Only one DD has 20 km torps - Shimakaze. And they (torps) are utter garbage. Even when u spot them yourself u can easily evade most of them. Also u got Hydro on German BBs to help them spot earlier. If they still hit u despite being spotted - clearly your fault isnt it?

- U are lucky when u are toptier in your bismarck often... usually T8 is already seeing a lot T9/T10 matches...

- T10 games are all about who is making a mistake first. Every mistake is easily punished by basicly any ship. Noone wants to be the one to make a mistake first, so everyone is hiding, running, camping... When u are hightier, YOU must perform well. Thats why so many ppl have lousy T10 stats, because they cant make stuff happen. When they are lowtier in a match, the hightiers can carry their [edited]to victory, if captained by good players.

- F.e. if u play Bismarck and u meet a decent player in a Roon or Hindenburg, he will devastate u easily. His armor is strong enough to bounce your shells thus he can tank u without much effort. Roon and Hindenburg can tank other hightier BBs too, but not that easy as a Bismarck f.e. Its about knowing where to shoot. Hindenburg can deal 7-10k damage per salvo with ease on broadsiding BBs. With a reload 3 times faster than a BB, u better learn to angle against them. But in order to see the flaws of cruisers, u should actually play them...

- Cruiser population isnt really high on the highertiers - because its pretty frustrating to play them. Which means, the cruisers u meet might often be captained by good players, so they know what to do against u (BB).

U have very little games (only a bit more then 1k) so u are simply missing experience - especially at hightiers. I can understand hightier gameplay is not so much fun (i dont like it that much either), but u have to play some more games in order to improve and learn what to do, and when to do it (or when NOT to do something).

Players
23 posts
1,863 battles
12 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

I am implying that the game at tier IX-X force you to stick together, cause the reasons in my previous post. Whatever, don't know why I create this post, I know some smart a** will have a " reasonable  " argument to describe that is normal and why although I am not the only one with this opinion.

So first you come here to complain that cruisers and destroyers are op (which is not true, you are not playing very well. Big difference) and then once someone tries to argue with you and tries to explain to you that what you are saying is wrong you get mad cause you can't handle the truth (that you are not playing very well). What the hell are you doing here anyway? If you expected that everyone would agree with you than you are in the wrong place.

[_RO_]
[_RO_]
Players
8 posts
2,613 battles

You right. If someone can please delete this post as my frustrations are my own to carry.

Have a great time and Happy Holly-days all.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
14 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

Yes, you are not the only person that complains that his mighty BB suffers heavy damage when focused by two equal tier ships of another class.

Yes, you are not the only person scared of the most useless torp option on the single DD capable of launching them at 20km.

Yes, you are not the only person that can't dodge these - not terribly fast and extremely visible - torps.

Unfortunately, not being alone does not make your opinion any less misguided and neither does it mean that your skill deficiency is someone else's fault.

The camping at high tiers is a problem. Nerfing everything that is not a BB (although removing 20km torps from Shima would actually be a buff, removing a really painful grind with useless primary weapon) is not the solution, however. Sorry.

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

Ignoring whether OP is right or not ...

Don't play them then? The game is much more fun honestly once you get over the idea that high tiers are the only ones worth playing. Play high tiers if you want a challenge, play low-mid if you want a good old fashioned romp.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,943 battles
51 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

everyone stick together camping, why? find the problem

Most players suck at the game, there's the problem.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,690 posts
13,130 battles
35 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

although I am not the only one with this opinion.

You're not the only one who is bad at the game, either.

• Funny 2

[H_FAN]
Players
1,858 posts
20,762 battles

OP you have some point in that High tier gameplay are defensive often, the reasons have already been explained. But one thing is also that the game has matured, many have high end captains, do not know how you play your ships , if you move captains, playing stock etc. The META changes on higher tiers, that is why I like you or many others have more fun on mid tiers, when mistakes are less punished.

I can tell you that I belong to the cruiser players on high tiers, I have found that I play them better (less poor) than my battleships. But it is a tough game vs your battleship. But Biz and the German BBs are the favourite targets for cruisers, the US BBs I consider more difficult targets. Many play German Battleships because they are perhaps more wellknown for the EU players in general.

But as a cruiser I am easily punished by a battleship, naturally I do everything to make it as difficult for you as possible, while using my HE spam to irritate you or AP if you present broadside.

It takes long time for me to sink you even if you play poor, as my damage builds up over time, however if I f.e. act as a force multiplier when you are engaged by another battleship you are naturally in trouble.  

The cruisers are very squishy, you have certainly killed off a cruiser or next to it with a single salvo causing maybe 25-30 K in a single salvo, if I am still alive I am almost crippled to nothing while it takes a while to get 55000-60000 against you, and fire damage can be 100% healed.

Usage of flags wisely, captains skills like Fire prevention, naturally premium consumables can mitigate a lot. But if you are overwhelmed in numbers you should die, if you were invulnerable to a cruiser no matter what who would play them. I can not slug it out with you , I must use other means, it is up to you in a Battleship to find out how. Considering how many games in higher tiers you are basically shut down in a cruiser by 5 battleships and really have to play extremely careful , and still get deleted sometimes with ease by well played battleships (you can not avoid all angles if you wish to do something) you play as a battleship player a ship where you every game should be able to produce something, because you have better means of survivability than all other ships.

Learn to shoot in smoke, I can not say that I can do it myself but sometimes even I can hit with help of scouting aircraft. There are ways. Hydro is a very strong tool in avoiding torps. That you have on the German battleships, learn to have last seen on minimap so that you have best knowledge of Destroyers position, but sometimes it is very difficult at the end of the game when they are getting stronger. It is very difficult to hit with torps on well played higher tier battleships because of all scouting a/c , hydro etc, only if you caught a player busy, tunnelvisioned or in unfavourable situation. 

Sure you might catch him with one, at most two torps if you have laid out your torps well but never more. So you will manage even these attacks. Shimas 20 km torps are almost never used by players in random, as their detection range is too far. And on 20 km their spread is large.    

I advice you to play other ships also both DDs and Cruisers on T8+ , then come back. You have few games many of us here have 5000 and well above that figure, that means we have more experience , we have also better knowledge of each ships strengths and weaknesses. You will learn and improve if you want to, by playing, visiting forums, watch some Youtubers like Flamu f.e.. 

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,400 battles

Hi all. IMO so does camping suck. All battleships in one corner. No one dare to push. THAT sucks. Make the game more dynamic. Nerf battleships a little. Buff Cruisers a little. Reward active gameplay and punish camping. That´s my thought. Cheers 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,296 battles

I'm trying to grind out the last of the Balti in time for the USN Cruiser split but higher tier is not fun.

Cruisers have the hardest time as if your DDs don't contest caps and the BBs go chicken then you're caught in the middle and have wasted potentially 20 mins of your life. 

After I unlock Des Moines I'll probably stats pad and seal club at tiers 5 to 7 as the maps are smaller so things get resolved faster...

Lol@OPs issues. It makes me want to go hunting with AP bombs in my Enterprise/Lex

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles

The only ships I've played at 9 are Izumo, Missouri and Lion - and I have to say, I quite enjoyed that tier. Not a fan of playing 10s, but that's just a personal preference

Also You don't have to keep playing 10s when you get them - stay at whatever tier you like to play, and play whatever ships you like to play. Except, of course, you could go and play those "0s reload cruisers" - if they are so great why don't you join their ranks?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,296 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Also You don't have to keep playing 10s when you get them - stay at whatever tier you like to play, and play whatever ships you like to play. Except, of course, you could go and play those "0s reload cruisers" - if they are so great why don't you join their ranks?

When I read the 0s reload Cruiser thing I laughed...

Farmed by Minotaur and Des Moines :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles
3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

When I read the 0s reload Cruiser thing I laughed...

Farmed by Minotaur and Des Moines :cap_haloween:

Minotaur is exactly what I thought of, that thing can chew up unangled BBs literally in seconds :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts
27 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Minotaur is exactly what I thought of, that thing can chew up unangled BBs literally in seconds :Smile_teethhappy:

Certainly, I've done it in mine, admittedly it takes about a full minute though.

That being said unless you've got a lovely island to spam over, the BB driver is a complete bonehead or you've got a spotter and smoke and no-one shooting back that's not terribly easy to achieve.

Worcester is likely to have HE, but no smoke (I hope or it would simply be a much better Mino), I suspect that it will be the source of much BB screaming due to a fire rate resembling Mino, but multiple fires per minute even with a small fire chance due to sheer weight of fire.

[IRQ]
Players
2,680 posts
6,353 battles

The way I see it, the main causes of camping are many battleships and radar. It used to be that battleships camping could much more easily be punished by destroyers getting relatively close and torping them, meaning they had to be much more on the move all the time to avoid it. You know, play smart rather than hit S and stay there the entire match. Radars put a massive wet blanket on that. That also leads to fewer destroyers pushing, and without destroyers pushing, no one else pushes, which means even campier campers who camps.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles
26 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

The way I see it, the main causes of camping are many battleships and radar. It used to be that battleships camping could much more easily be punished by destroyers getting relatively close and torping them, meaning they had to be much more on the move all the time to avoid it. You know, play smart rather than hit S and stay there the entire match. Radars put a massive wet blanket on that. That also leads to fewer destroyers pushing, and without destroyers pushing, no one else pushes, which means even campier campers who camps.

Add to that WG actually doing their best to make BBs camp more and play with their team less... And we're at what we have right now

• Cool 1

Players
1,648 posts
11,443 battles
25 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

And good DD players will play around radar, only the potatoes will get caught by radar time and time again.

The so called "blanket" has holes in it that can be easily penetrated, but the easy game mode where a DD could just push in cap and smoke up without any chance of getting spotted is over and has been for a long time.