24 comments in this topic

[WOLF]
Players
57 posts
4,112 battles

HNLMS De Zeven Provinciën-Class Light Cruiser           image.png.f7d3ce2059525e0db8243e431b4b1352.png

Completed for the Royal Netherlands Navy in 1953 as HNLMS De Ruyter (C801)      

For in the game, I think De Ruyter needs something special (Surveillance radar II) -> 11,7km with a 30 seconds duration. The dutch navy was and still is one of the best radar producers on the world.

I see the ship for Tier 7 maybe 8. It has 4x2 152mm main armament, AA is decent.

Construction:

Spoiler

De Ruyter was laid down by the Royal Netherlands Navy on 5 September 1939 as the cruiser HNLMS De Zeven Provinciën at the Wilton-Fijenoord shipyard at Schiedam She and her sister-ship, later De Zeven Provinciën, were intended to replace the two Java-class cruisers in the Dutch East Indies At the German Invasion of the Netherlands in May 1940 little had been constructed. The Kriegsmarine intended to complete her as the training cruiser KH 1 but construction was slow and she was not launched until 24 December 1944, with the intent by then to use her as a blockship in the Nieuwe waterweg, the approaches to Rotterdam.

General characteristics:

Spoiler
Displacement:
  • 9,681 tons standard
  • 12,165 tons full load
Length: 187.32 m (614.6 ft)
Beam: 17.25 m (56.6 ft)
Draught: 6.72 m (22.0 ft)
Draft: 11.65 m (38.2 ft)
Propulsion:
  • 4 Werkspoor-Yarrow three-drum boilers
  • 2 De Schelde Parsons geared
  • steam turbines
  • 2 shafts; 85,000 shp
Speed: 32 kn (59 km/h; 37 mph)
Range: 6,900 nmi (12,800 km; 7,900 mi) at 12 kn (22 km/h; 14 mph)
Complement: 926
Armament:
  • 8 × Bofors 152 mm, /53 twin guns
  • 8 × 57 mm twin guns
  • 8 × Bofors 40/70 mm single guns
  • 4 × 152 mm, 2 x 57 mm, and 4 x 40 mm guns replaced by a RIM-2 Terrier launcher (1962)
Armor:
  • 50–76 mm (2.0–3.0 in) belt
  • 50–125 mm (2.0–4.9 in) turrets
  • 50–125 mm (2.0–4.9 in) conning tower

Some Pictures of the beauty:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.88eaeb2381f9f4ea6fd4040996abc25d.png

image.png.916b827646f5e69a286bcb7365acca06.png

image.thumb.png.eb15924aed2403e821754e54e49ded75.png

Will be glad to see this beauty in-game with a new nation :)

Greetings,

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Cool 3

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles

I wonder if they put the 10 rpm or the 15 rpm on this ship. I mean I hope they can fit it at tier 7 or 8 so that the AA and Radar is more balanced.

If its only 10 rpm then this cant really be higher than tier 6

• Cool 1

[WOLF]
Players
57 posts
4,112 battles
20 hours ago, Affeks said:

I wonder if they put the 10 rpm or the 15 rpm on this ship. I mean I hope they can fit it at tier 7 or 8 so that the AA and Radar is more balanced.

If its only 10 rpm then this cant really be higher than tier 6

True 8 guns, 4 seconds reload looks good to me its still 152mm so, it lacks on T8 just 4 guns so 50% of the firepower that she has now...

I just wanted to see a premuim new nation: Netherlands, they had a big navy and a great navy history behind it!

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles
29 minutes ago, jerkchicken said:

True 8 guns, 4 seconds reload looks good to me its still 152mm so, it lacks on T8 just 4 guns so 50% of the firepower that she has now...

I just wanted to see a premuim new nation: Netherlands, they had a big navy and a great navy history behind it!

With 4 sec reload/15 rpm then this ship would outgun Chapa, which actually makes me say that its too strong in fact.

A 5 second reload is the middleground Id want for this ship. That reload would put its total output on par with Edinbro, but slightly higher than Chapa.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
269 posts
12,575 battles

I prefer it as a tier VI in the proposed pre-ww2 configuration with 10 barrels (2*3 and 2*2 like the planned premium Abruzzi). As tests has shown for the Abruzzi tier VII is too high high and the gun arcs for the Dutch guns will be less the the Italian one. So tier VI max, with 10 guns.

[WOLF]
Players
57 posts
4,112 battles
2 hours ago, Conrad_zoo said:

Whatever, I just want one. I mean, come on, we need some Dutch ships.

I feel you as a Dutchman to :)

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,831 posts
3,714 battles

Honestly if you are going to use De Ruyter in WoWs it has to be this one:

Hr._Ms._De_Ruyter_(1936).jpg

Spoiler

Ruyter_trials.jpg

Zeven Provincien class can just be represented by the name ship, but I feel like the ship with a wartime career that fought at the important Battle of the Java Sea and was recently destroyed by ****hole 'salvagers' (grave robbers more like) for a quick buck deserves to be in the game more than Zeven Provincien's sistership.

• Cool 4

Players
492 posts
9,076 battles

This would be the ship that if attacked by aircraft from diectly ahead, it's aa couldn't shoot at them for fear of blasting through the bridge tower

[WOLF]
Players
57 posts
4,112 battles
15 hours ago, Verdius said:

Hide contents

Ruyter_trials.jpg

Zeven Provincien class can just be represented by the name ship, but I feel like the ship with a wartime career that fought at the important Battle of the Java Sea and was recently destroyed by ****hole 'salvagers' (grave robbers more like) for a quick buck deserves to be in the game more than Zeven Provincien's sistership.

Alot of ships in the game that have been modernized, this ship ^^ will be ok at T5 where it even will struggle against furutaka... and dont forget kirov...

[WOLF]
Players
57 posts
4,112 battles

17 hours ago, Verdius said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ruyter_trials.jpg

Spoiler

media

media (story of the ruyter)

De Ruyter was the best sea admiral ever lived. He won the Battles from the english, France and spanish fleets when in minority. He kept Republic of Netherlands free like nowadays.

Michiel andriaenszoon de Ruyter (1667

1200px-Bol,_Michiel_de_Ruyter.jpg

Zeven Provincien (1673) -flagship of the ruyter

:normal_De%20Zeven%20Provincien.jpg

image.png

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,831 posts
3,714 battles
3 hours ago, jerkchicken said:

Reveal hidden contents

media

media (story of the ruyter)

De Ruyter was the best sea admiral ever lived. He won the Battles from the english, France and spanish fleets when in minority. He kept Republic of Netherlands free like nowadays.

Michiel andriaenszoon de Ruyter (1667

1200px-Bol,_Michiel_de_Ruyter.jpg

Zeven Provincien (1673) -flagship of the ruyter

:normal_De%20Zeven%20Provincien.jpg

As a Dutch person I know who De Ruyter was, but my point is that Karel Doormans flagship which participated in the largest naval battle the Netherlands participated in since the 18th century has a more interesting history than a ship that was completed only after the war and didn't really do much significant. And because WG won't reuse the same name we can't have both ships in the game so I'd rather have the 1935 unique light cruiser as a tier 4/tier 5.

Also naming De Ruyter best admiral ever is kind of overrated in my opinion. I think Yi Sun-sin has a far more impressive career.

• Cool 3

Players
1 post
1,897 battles

I agree with Verdius that if Wargaming is going to put in a HNLMS De Ruyter than it should be the ship that led the ABDACOM in the Battle of the Java Sea but I also do agree that a De Zeven Provinciën-Class should be in the game especially since it was (since September 2017) the last all gun cruiser in active service

• Cool 1

Players
383 posts
16,051 battles
20 hours ago, jerkchicken said:

Alot of ships in the game that have been modernized, this ship ^^ will be ok at T5 where it even will struggle against furutaka... and dont forget kirov...

I   agree  with Verdius,  that  it  has  to  be  the  WW2  De Ruyter,   Brit  but  very keen  to  see  a  Dutch  tree,  or  even a  few  ships.   I actually  think  that  Java/De  Ruyter  are  really   tier  'four and a half'  ships,   no heavy AA, weak armour,  no torps,  and the majority of  your AA can be  knocked out  with one  hit.  WW2  De  Ruyter  as well  as because  of  what  some  scum  did  to   those  brave  seamen's  grave  ( also  Java  and  Exeter )

Beta Tester
256 posts
8,319 battles

I would prefer the WW2 De Ruyter and Doorman as a legendary commander to go with her considering she was illegally salvaged. Also want Exeter, Encounter, Electra, Java and Kortenaer for the same reason. 

They could do the post WW2 one as Almirante Grau and have her in a Pan-american line if they do one, as Argentina had a few cruisers and Brazil had a couple battleships, so did Chile.

[PRAVD]
Players
983 posts
5,249 battles

Kortenaer, or any of the Admiralen-class, could certainly add something unique to the game: a DD with a floatplane.They were launched with a crane, but I'm sure WG will be able to work around it. They didn't let islands stop their radars after all. :D

Also, the Admiralen-class had one or two extra 75mm guns I believe. That could work as a secondary just like Kiev.

For the rest I agree with what has already mentioned: De Ruyter should be the one that sunk in 1942 and was scavenged by some piece of crap.

Other ships I would like to see (more so than the post-war ships (which also could include a CV)) are Isaac Sweers, Tromp (I believe one of the most claimed ships, but she survived WW2) and maybe Jacob van Heemskerck as an Atlanta Light.

The post-war version which design was severly altered after the lessons learned, if released, should be Zeven Provinciën (and maybe wishful thinking, but I would love to see her return to the Netherlands and end as a museum ship!)

Kinda disappointing that with both T-61 and Gadjah their Dutch origins/service was mentioned, yet still no sign of any Dutch ship ingame.

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles

Why is everyone convinced this is a tier 5-6 ship!?

It seems no one actually bothered to find out that the post war 15cm guns have significantly higher RoF compared to what was normal for WW2 as well as better ammo (better pen). In addition we have Radar and an insane AA as well. This ship is wasted on tier 5-6 an would have to be nerfed a lot to not completely stomp the competition.

I'm convinced that this ship is a tier 7-8 candidate. Its at least as good as Belfast or Chapa.

• Cool 1

[WOLF]
Players
57 posts
4,112 battles
On 4-1-2018 at 7:08 PM, Affeks said:

Why is everyone convinced this is a tier 5-6 ship!?

It seems no one actually bothered to find out that the post war 15cm guns have significantly higher RoF compared to what was normal for WW2 as well as better ammo (better pen). In addition we have Radar and an insane AA as well. This ship is wasted on tier 5-6 an would have to be nerfed a lot to not completely stomp the competition.

I'm convinced that this ship is a tier 7-8 candidate. Its at least as good as Belfast or Chapa.

fully agreed.

[NED]
Players
4,003 posts
10,835 battles

I don't care which tier but IMO there is global consensus there should be at least 1 Dutch ship present in wows. Come on WG! We get it: the IJN, USN, Russian, German and pan Asian lines. That's "global" coverage for your fan base. You managed a Pan Asian line! Why not an Pan European line? Enough countries that played a significant role in your time frame of wows, and we understand a complete line for those countries would be too much. F.e. Poland (Blys), Norway, Denmark, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Italy to name a few (no offense to people who I might forget, you get the point). This isn't WOT. IMO the naval warfare was far more "fluent" as was the "country warfare." Please bring wows to a next lvl of awesomeness and introduce more of those "pan lines."

Players
57 posts
1,467 battles

If you are interested in Dutch ships in World of Warships you might like to take a look at this:

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,187 posts
3,152 battles

Based on her size alone she has to be tier 8. Damage output can be adjusted up to 12/min/gun, which, as Affeks said, would be just right. I'd go with that. 

[OCTO]
Players
74 posts
5,899 battles
On 29.12.2017 at 5:49 PM, jerkchicken said:

image.png

WG missed great opportunity to add De Ruyter to the game (as premium ship maybe?).

What you can see at the picture above is Almirante Grau of Marine de Guerra del Peru, the last altilery cruiser in the world. The ship was removed from service 26 September 2017 which was the end of long history of such ships.

Almirante Grau is in fact De Ruyter. Netherlands sold it  to Peru in 1973 and De Ruyter waas renamed Almirante Grau.

• Cool 2

[CNIC]
Players
4 posts
1,655 battles
On 29-12-2017 at 12:13 AM, Verdius said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ruyter_trials.jpg

They have to ad this ship! (WG) Don't care what tier it wil be. It will be an insta buy!

• Cool 1

[YEEET]
Players
1,160 posts
10,822 battles

I think the 1930s version should be used - using 1950s designs seems to be changing the rules of the game - and the earlier model was involved in real sea battles, unlike the later ship. I wasn't aware that the Dutch were at the forefront of radar development at sea. You can of course play two ships at least that have served in the Dutch Navy - Gadjah Madah (which is brilliant!) and Campbeltown (which is distinctly less brilliant!!).Maybe a mod to change the flag and captain and some language changes till we get De Ruyter?

• Cool 1