DB2212

Russian T8 DD's

6 comments in this topic

Players
509 posts
5,154 battles

Hi all,

I have, somehow, found myself playing T8 DD's. It may not surprise you to hear that I have somewhat mixed results at this level.

Kiev has a 12 point captain and Ognevoi has a 9 point, Kiev being played more often.

What are the pros and cons of T9 & T10 for Russian DD's, for both types?

I'm guessing I should be training captains up to higher skill levels before attempting to play higher tiers? Or should I be at higher skill levels while playing T8?

[CATS]
Players
13,528 posts
10,352 battles

Ognevoi is a real torpedoboat with strong guns. Concealment Expert really helps.

Kiev is one of the best gunboats of the line and greatly profits from Advanced Firing Training.

• Cool 1

[_KTM_]
Beta Tester
95 posts
6,553 battles

Can't talk much about Ognevoi nor Kiev , since i was past them before the line split . 

For the others well ,

Udaloy : a very good gunboat and if u go Concealment build (recommended) you can stealth torp , works very well as a cap supporter for real DD's , in other words ;  a very fun to use and extremly sexy looking ship ( almost forgot it can use DF).

Grozovoi : i very much enjoy this girl ,  tied with Gearing as my favourite DD's , can get 6km detection so u are finnaly a real DD not just a gun boat , 10km torps , amazing guns (extreme velocity almost feels like Moskva railguns ) however one big downside she fat & clumsy ( u better take the 50% acceleration module ) , her AA coupled with DF is very strong and will make tr 8 CV's cry , 9's reconsider and screw the attack for 10's .

Tashkent : played her when she was tr 8 solid gunboat , can't say much about her on tr 9 , but should be decent . 

Khabarosk : very powerfull Gunboat , she's a CL w/o citadel going 48kts , don't try to play her like a DD u will fail miserably . She can also use Heal Party ( same for tashkent ) but gives up smoke for that  , a very strong ship and don't forget to use that speed . However she's too overspecialized for my taste ,  i like Grozo much more .

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
555 posts
2,082 battles

hmm ... you need CE for Ognevoi = 10 point captain.

I've been through the boats after the split. ATM I have Udaloi with premium camo and it is by far my most favourite ship of the bunch ... Khaba I currently struggle with .... I had a CE+AFT build and it worked for me ... then I switched to a pure AFT build and I cannot get a good game in that.

Grozovoi is an Ognevoi on steroids, just turns slower.

[DUSD]
Players
366 posts
5,593 battles

Havent played the torpedo line so I cant comment on those. At Tashkent at the moment with gun boats and I really like them. Kiev is much better now at T8 what is was and Tash is a beast at T9. Of course playstyle is totally different from stealth torp boats.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles

TA with Ogne is a nice skill as your torps become almost DWT like for detection/reaction. The ship is meh however unless you really must torp boat in an RU DD or if you want a Udaloi and didn't get her before the split